Stats for Top QB Prospects
-
Until we get our young QB of the future, there IS no hope. Perhaps it's not Ward or Sanders...but we gotta step up to the plate and swing the bat at a QB early in this draft because the edge rusher, CB or LT are NOT going to throw any TD passes. And without someone who can do that, there is no hope.
No offense Orion, but thank dog you are not the GM of the Browns.
We don't have a QB and I don't know if Ward or Sanders are worth the #2 pick but since we need a QB we should take one of them regardless is an absolutely horrible take. That's how teams absolutely waste prime draft picks on quarterbacks like Daniel Jones or Anthony Richardson.
Misses happen at the top of the draft, but some like Jones and Richardson really aren't surprises. There were so many red flags with both, but the Giants and Colts stepped up to the plate and swung the bat at a QB early in the draft.
It's not the fact that you think the Browns should take a QB at #2 that I've always had a problem with, it's why you think they should do it. If you were "Ward and Sanders are top tier QB prospects that I feel are franchise QBs" I might disagree with it, but I'd get why you were so adamant about doing it.
But you aren't pounding the proverbial table for one of those guys because of worth. You are literally suggesting we roll the dice on QBs you even admit are somewhat 'eh' prospects with the #2 overall pick.
No offense Orion,
None taken, of course. After all, we're all entitled to our wrong opinions.
️
I did however, hedge my bet by saying 'early in the draft'. That can be day two if our superb evaluators decide that the QB available at #2 is not worthy. (Kenny Picket is one of those QB's that you eluded to)
-
No offense Orion,
None taken, of course. After all, we're all entitled to our wrong opinions.
️
I did however, hedge my bet by saying 'early in the draft'. That can be day two if our superb evaluators decide that the QB available at #2 is not worthy. (Kenny Picket is one of those QB's that you eluded to)
None taken, of course. After all, we're all entitled to our wrong opinions.
️
I did however, hedge my bet by saying 'early in the draft'. That can be day two if our superb evaluators decide that the QB available at #2 is not worthy. (Kenny Picket is one of those QB's that you eluded to)
You won't like this, but I'm not sure I'm a big fan of any of the other guys even as early as #33. ?
Will Howard will go down in Ohio State history as the QB of a national championship team, but taking him at #33? I'd honestly would be angrier about that than if the Browns take the Sanders at #2.
-
None taken, of course. After all, we're all entitled to our wrong opinions.
️
I did however, hedge my bet by saying 'early in the draft'. That can be day two if our superb evaluators decide that the QB available at #2 is not worthy. (Kenny Picket is one of those QB's that you eluded to)
You won't like this, but I'm not sure I'm a big fan of any of the other guys even as early as #33. ?
Will Howard will go down in Ohio State history as the QB of a national championship team, but taking him at #33? I'd honestly would be angrier about that than if the Browns take the Sanders at #2.
You won't like this, but
We're in a bit of a pickle here. Because of the anchor chained to our necks (Watson and his contract $$$) we can't afford to spend big money on Cousins. And all we've got is Pickett...and we know that Pickett is not good. This kind of funnels us to a rookie contract guy. And I recall reading somewhere that the situation doesn't really change for April of '26. So, will Sanders, Dart, Milroe or [insert other draft QB here] be better than Pickett? Or Flacco? If so, then my little grey cells tell me to draft him. We'll have plenty of other picks to use on guys that can't throw passes...and other big fat guys.
Joe Thomas was great! A HOF'er. But we never got a QB for him. Myles is greast! A HOF'er. And maybe Carter can join Myles as a great HOF'er. But without a QB those guys were / are / will actually be, just wasted luxuries.
Now, if we're dead certain that none of the QB's available to us in the draft are worth a damn then we should just trade our picks for 2026 draft picks so that we can move up all the way to the top of the draft (which I would project shouldn't be too far) to draft the QB and other supporting cast for him......and just tank through this season.....and piss off all of the fans, players, media and league in the process.
-
How does anybody really know how good these QBs will be?
Total inexact science. While the Browns have had their share of messed up draft picks, they aren't alone. I'd rather have a young QB like Sanders than rely on a veteran QB that is just about washed up. Take the chance, give this woebegone franchise hope.
How does anyone really know how good any of these players will be?
How does anyone really know how good any of these players will be?
We don't really know. It's educated guesses all around.
-
None taken, of course. After all, we're all entitled to our wrong opinions.
️
I did however, hedge my bet by saying 'early in the draft'. That can be day two if our superb evaluators decide that the QB available at #2 is not worthy. (Kenny Picket is one of those QB's that you eluded to)
You won't like this, but I'm not sure I'm a big fan of any of the other guys even as early as #33. ?
Will Howard will go down in Ohio State history as the QB of a national championship team, but taking him at #33? I'd honestly would be angrier about that than if the Browns take the Sanders at #2.
You won't like this, but I'm not sure I'm a big fan of any of the other guys even as early as #33. ?
Will Howard will go down in Ohio State history as the QB of a national championship team, but taking him at #33? I'd honestly would be angrier about that than if the Browns take the Sanders at #2.
Just like Cardale Jones won it all in 2014 after J.T. Barrett got injured before the Big 10 Championship, BCS Playoff Game and National Championship. Neither of those guys made it in the NFL.
Is every immediate bust at QB a permanent bust? No. For examples, Steve Young, Doug Williams, and Jim Plunkett, Good prospects often get drafted by crappy organizations with bad coaching staffs that want to re-wire these guys into something they're not. But, sometimes good QB prospects go to an Andy Reid and play like great NFL QBs. We can probably say the same for Bill Walsh since Joe Montana was just a 3rd round QB with a HOF career.
While I think Stefanski is a good coach when he has the right match at QB for his Minnesota NFL experience only - we're limited to hoping there's another Joe Flacco. A guy that can give good play action fakes; provide patience in the pocket; and accuracy downfield. When Stefanski doesn't have this type of QB he's had trouble adapting to some skillsets here. That 11 win season also had some very ugly QBing from Jeff Driskell, PJ Walker and others. Flacco was really the only other guy beside Watson that year capable of winning. DTR did have 1 clutch drive late to help us beat Pittsburgh to make up for what he looked like earlier in the year when everyone lose faith in him.
JMO, It boils down to how much autonomy and empowerment they are willing to give Tommy Rees. The 1 time they allowed Alex Van Pelt total autonomy and empowerment with calling the plays in a playoff game at Pittsburgh - the Browns scored 48 points without turning the ball over. If they don't even give their OC a chance - how much of a chance are they giving their new/rookie QB?
-
After linking up with an internet contact for film - I have 2 hours worth of throws from Jaxon Dart in all -22.
About 1/3 of the way in and I'm already going to say that it's unwise to invest a 1st round pick. Could he be a good NFL QB? Sure
But a lot of what he has been struggling with in what I've watch so far has been things that I've rarely ever seen someone make the leap and find success from.
-
After linking up with an internet contact for film - I have 2 hours worth of throws from Jaxon Dart in all -22.
About 1/3 of the way in and I'm already going to say that it's unwise to invest a 1st round pick. Could he be a good NFL QB? Sure
But a lot of what he has been struggling with in what I've watch so far has been things that I've rarely ever seen someone make the leap and find success from.
After linking up with an internet contact for film - I have 2 hours worth of throws from Jaxon Dart in all -22.
About 1/3 of the way in and I'm already going to say that it's unwise to invest a 1st round pick. Could he be a good NFL QB? Sure
But a lot of what he has been struggling with in what I've watch so far has been things that I've rarely ever seen someone make the leap and find success from.
I was just going to post that McShay and the guy he does his podcast with were talking about him yesterday and they seem to think it wouldn't be a total shock if Dart ended up getting taken ahead of Sanders at this point. They seem to think the gap between Sanders and Dart has shrunk tremendously.
-
After linking up with an internet contact for film - I have 2 hours worth of throws from Jaxon Dart in all -22.
About 1/3 of the way in and I'm already going to say that it's unwise to invest a 1st round pick. Could he be a good NFL QB? Sure
But a lot of what he has been struggling with in what I've watch so far has been things that I've rarely ever seen someone make the leap and find success from.
I was just going to post that McShay and the guy he does his podcast with were talking about him yesterday and they seem to think it wouldn't be a total shock if Dart ended up getting taken ahead of Sanders at this point. They seem to think the gap between Sanders and Dart has shrunk tremendously.
I was just going to post that McShay and the guy he does his podcast with were talking about him yesterday and they seem to think it wouldn't be a total shock if Dart ended up getting taken ahead of Sanders at this point. They seem to think the gap between Sanders and Dart has shrunk tremendously.
It's draft season, they have to drum up conversation somehow.
I actually don't have has much of an issue with McShay as I do Kiper. But I still like my record vs McShays since I started doing this.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login