Travis Hunter Highlights on Offense & Defense
-
play Hunter at WR full-time and CB part-time
I could live with that. But if he's going to go in there on D, he's going to have to practice on D and attend the meetings when possible. We can't have someone out there that's not on the same page causing someone to be wide open.
Contract issues that I mentioned won't be an issue for a few years anyway.
I could live with that. But if he's going to go in there on D, he's going to have to practice on D and attend the meetings when possible. We can't have someone out there that's not on the same page causing someone to be wide open.
Contract issues that I mentioned won't be an issue for a few years anyway.
Thanks for reminding me Orion - the Browns need to upgrade their 2nd and 3rd best Corners as well as at least 1 of the Safety spots while Grant Delpit continues to make rookie-like mistakes and lack communication skills at the worst of times. This is a Jim Thorpe Award winner just continues to struggle with the complexity of the NFL. I don't think effort or athleticism is his problem.
If you ever get a chance watch some highlights of the Browns - Chargers game last year. There were some plays our pass rush brought the pressure on Herbert and he still had guys wide open down field for uncontested TD passes (2 of them accounting for 14 points). Knowing how often we need 3 corners out there - you can't have 2 of them struggling consistently. You fix that and we don't have people talking bout the need for a 2nd Myles Garrett needed. Back when the Browns had Dixon and Minnifield - this team made it to AFC Championship games without 1 Myles Garrett. FWIW, the edge rush was a weakness while the D ranked 1st against the run in the AFC in 86 when the regular season ended with a 12-4 record.
This team has a lot of needs that can't all be addressed in 1 draft; but I'm hoping the FO & scouting department better be a lot more competitive bringing in Undrafted FAs.
-
I take back what I said though my only concern was having a player that's really good on both sides of the ball.
I just get the feeling of being really good at both but not reaching his full potential at either if duty is split in any manner.
I seen somewhere the Browns look at him as a WR 1st, so as a WR only, is that worth the 2nd pick for 'our' team?
I take back what I said though my only concern was having a player that's really good on both sides of the ball.
I just get the feeling of being really good at both but not reaching his full potential at either if duty is split in any manner.
I seen somewhere the Browns look at him as a WR 1st, so as a WR only, is that worth the 2nd pick for 'our' team?
You did a nice job explaining where you are coming from on it. I'm sure a lot of this has been discussed by the Browns; and it will continue to be if/when they select him. Whoever drafts him will have a plan they feel is best for Hunter and their team. He's got God-givens that a high percentage of his teammates/opponents wish they had. What I like is the guy seems addicted to competing at a sport he loves. Giddy up and get after it while it's fresh. ?
-
I take back what I said though my only concern was having a player that's really good on both sides of the ball.
I just get the feeling of being really good at both but not reaching his full potential at either if duty is split in any manner.
I seen somewhere the Browns look at him as a WR 1st, so as a WR only, is that worth the 2nd pick for 'our' team?
I just get the feeling of being really good at both but not reaching his full potential at either if duty is split
Jack of all trades, master of none. ( I love old sayings )
If we pick him, I would want him as a WR. And if they want to use him in some dime situations that's fine. The Patriots used to do that with Troy Brown. But picking him would not stop me from drafting another WR. I mean, if he's that good on D, then he can be a backup to Hospital Ward (HW per ballpeen). And if he has to man that position for an extended period of time I'd want to have another capable WR to take many of his offensive snaps away. I'd want Hunter concentrating on D at that point. - We just cannot put ourselves in a position where if Hunter gets hurt, we're hurting at 2 positions.
-
Cornerback Nik Needham has signed with the team. The Browns did not announce any terms of the deal.
Needham spent the last six seasons with the Dolphins. He signed with the team after going undrafted in 2019 and he started 27 of the 63 regular season games he played in Miami, although only two of the appearances came in 2024.
Needham had 200 tackles, six interceptions, three sacks, a forced fumble, and a fumble recovery with the Dolphins.
Denzel Ward, Greg Newsome, Martin Emerson, Tony Brown, Chigozie Anusiem, Myles Harden, Anthony Kendall, and Cameron Mitchell are the other corners in Cleveland.
------------
So they sign this guy 3 days before the draft. When we're supposed to be drafting a WR/CB in round 1. And ahead of the undrafted guys from this week's draft. (they must like him.....he averages 1 INT per season)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login