100 myles per hour
-
I sense a difference in Myles.
I expect after the season he will start demanding a trade again.
I sense a difference in Myles.
I expect after the season he will start demanding a trade again.
Then he probably shouldn't have had that no trade clause put in the contract he signed. Or even signed it cause the guaranteed money/dead cap impact means the team can't trade him for several years.
All.the trade stuff was simply to get the extension. It was his only leverage at that point. You see it every year with several players
-
Sorry for your loss man... I had a friend who bought the farm in similar fashion except.. He was riding his motorcycle down Waterloo drive by the rt 2 freeway in East Cleveland in the Grovewood/Collinwood area.. He was a great kid.. Full of life.. He would come over and watch me and a friend of ours do front porch guitar jams on hot summer nights.. We would drink cases of beer, Get drunk and laugh our asses off.. He was a blast.. We loved Little Ian like a brother.... Sadly he flipped his bike... His body got hurled 30 ft into the air after hitting a tree and got his head decapped.. The bike was totally wrecked ... If I remember right I think he had a Suzuki that we called "Rice Burners" back in the day... I miss that dude.. His father was from Scotland and It was always a trip to hear his thick Scottish accent.. And here I am having lived almost 3 quarters of a century thus far and remembering him... I wish these kids today thought with more clarity about the chances they take.. Done my share of boneheaded shit when I was young... Adventure is almost or about as dangerous as consuming drugs.. Took my share of risks... I'm lucky to be alive and talk about them... Don't know how.. or why.. But I have more lives than a damn cat..
Thanks Nicks! I appreciate you saying that! It happened back in 2012 so as time lessened the sting it became more about the fun memories. That's too bad about your buddy - it sucks to lose friends or family. It's all part of getting old.
Thanks Nicks! I appreciate you saying that! It happened back in 2012 so as time lessened the sting it became more about the fun memories. That's too bad about your buddy - it sucks to lose friends or family. It's all part of getting old.
Yeah... I have another friend who messed himself up pretty bad getting high on Crank.. Totalled his bike and wound up getting broken up real bad and half a paralyzed face for the rest of his life.. I wonder if he's still even around... If you ever saw the movie "School Daze" with Mathew Macchaunaghey.. Well that is exactly what Euclid High School was like.. It was one of those movies where I laughed and cried at the same time.. It was like the students at our High School was cross pollenated with "School Daze" and "The Breakfast Club" rolled into one... The names were different but the characters were the same... And I could relate to everyone of them.. I got along with everybody.. The Preppies,Jocks and the Stoners.. Found out a couple of years ago one of My preppie nerd friends offed himself.. That was heart breaking to hear... The kid was smart.. Well mannered and wouldn't hurt a fly.. Yet he wound up hurting himself.. I was a laid back easy going kid.. I always just went with the flow.. I hungout with people mostly older than i was .. roamed the streets all hours of the night.. Had some real eye opening experiences.. I had the trepidation to go places I probably didn't belong.. Like I said about adventure.. It can be alluring in ways you can't imagine... But I have no remorse. Always did things on my terms.... I should probably write a book someday... Gone to some of the most beautiful places in the world.. Wound up in some dangerous situations.. Experienced some of the funniest shit you ever heard of.... Played some really cool gigs.. Got to open up for Styx,Billy Squire and Bad Co.. And even at this stage in life.. I earned the respect of a few famous guitar players and other notable musicians local and internationally and I'm still meeting international recording stars and musicians at this stage in life.. Despite having battled health issues since I was born given a 50/50 % chance to live.. I would say I have been one lucky motherfucker! Even after just having surgery 2 weeks ago to remove a tumor on my bladder that thankfully turned out to be benign... I feel a sense of grace and gratitude to be alive today.. And for that I thank God..
-
Thanks Nicks! I appreciate you saying that! It happened back in 2012 so as time lessened the sting it became more about the fun memories. That's too bad about your buddy - it sucks to lose friends or family. It's all part of getting old.
Yeah... I have another friend who messed himself up pretty bad getting high on Crank.. Totalled his bike and wound up getting broken up real bad and half a paralyzed face for the rest of his life.. I wonder if he's still even around... If you ever saw the movie "School Daze" with Mathew Macchaunaghey.. Well that is exactly what Euclid High School was like.. It was one of those movies where I laughed and cried at the same time.. It was like the students at our High School was cross pollenated with "School Daze" and "The Breakfast Club" rolled into one... The names were different but the characters were the same... And I could relate to everyone of them.. I got along with everybody.. The Preppies,Jocks and the Stoners.. Found out a couple of years ago one of My preppie nerd friends offed himself.. That was heart breaking to hear... The kid was smart.. Well mannered and wouldn't hurt a fly.. Yet he wound up hurting himself.. I was a laid back easy going kid.. I always just went with the flow.. I hungout with people mostly older than i was .. roamed the streets all hours of the night.. Had some real eye opening experiences.. I had the trepidation to go places I probably didn't belong.. Like I said about adventure.. It can be alluring in ways you can't imagine... But I have no remorse. Always did things on my terms.... I should probably write a book someday... Gone to some of the most beautiful places in the world.. Wound up in some dangerous situations.. Experienced some of the funniest shit you ever heard of.... Played some really cool gigs.. Got to open up for Styx,Billy Squire and Bad Co.. And even at this stage in life.. I earned the respect of a few famous guitar players and other notable musicians local and internationally and I'm still meeting international recording stars and musicians at this stage in life.. Despite having battled health issues since I was born given a 50/50 % chance to live.. I would say I have been one lucky motherfucker! Even after just having surgery 2 weeks ago to remove a tumor on my bladder that thankfully turned out to be benign... I feel a sense of grace and gratitude to be alive today.. And for that I thank God..
Yeah... I have another friend who messed himself up pretty bad getting high on Crank.. Totalled his bike and wound up getting broken up real bad and half a paralyzed face for the rest of his life.. I wonder if he's still even around... If you ever saw the movie "School Daze" with Mathew Macchaunaghey.. Well that is exactly what Euclid High School was like.. It was one of those movies where I laughed and cried at the same time.. It was like the students at our High School was cross pollenated with "School Daze" and "The Breakfast Club" rolled into one... The names were different but the characters were the same... And I could relate to everyone of them.. I got along with everybody.. The Preppies,Jocks and the Stoners.. Found out a couple of years ago one of My preppie nerd friends offed himself.. That was heart breaking to hear... The kid was smart.. Well mannered and wouldn't hurt a fly.. Yet he wound up hurting himself.. I was a laid back easy going kid.. I always just went with the flow.. I hungout with people mostly older than i was .. roamed the streets all hours of the night.. Had some real eye opening experiences.. I had the trepidation to go places I probably didn't belong.. Like I said about adventure.. It can be alluring in ways you can't imagine... But I have no remorse. Always did things on my terms.... I should probably write a book someday... Gone to some of the most beautiful places in the world.. Wound up in some dangerous situations.. Experienced some of the funniest shit you ever heard of.... Played some really cool gigs.. Got to open up for Styx,Billy Squire and Bad Co.. And even at this stage in life.. I earned the respect of a few famous guitar players and other notable musicians local and internationally and I'm still meeting international recording stars and musicians at this stage in life.. Despite having battled health issues since I was born given a 50/50 % chance to live.. I would say I have been one lucky motherfucker! Even after just having surgery 2 weeks ago to remove a tumor on my bladder that thankfully turned out to be benign... I feel a sense of grace and gratitude to be alive today.. And for that I thank God..
Wow! Sad about your buddies; but that's good news about your health. Really cool to hear about your music talent/background. I never knew the extent beyond a hobby. Let's hope Myles straightens out on the road. If he's an adrenaline junkie as I suspect he is - there's video games he could afford that could provide a fix/endorphin rush.
IF certain veterans show-up with the right mind-set - this can be a fun season, Believe it or not, 85 was a fun season because it showed us what was starting to happen. Mack and Byner both exceeding 1000 yards on the ground apiece. Bernie stepped into his fate. Yeah, they only went 8-8; but it won the division. The whole turn around; and then they hired OC Lindy Infante right after that season. Game on man! It was exciting as a fan to know the Kardiac Kids were returning. I take it nobody at the Cleveland Clinic came up with that spelling...
-
Yeah... I have another friend who messed himself up pretty bad getting high on Crank.. Totalled his bike and wound up getting broken up real bad and half a paralyzed face for the rest of his life.. I wonder if he's still even around... If you ever saw the movie "School Daze" with Mathew Macchaunaghey.. Well that is exactly what Euclid High School was like.. It was one of those movies where I laughed and cried at the same time.. It was like the students at our High School was cross pollenated with "School Daze" and "The Breakfast Club" rolled into one... The names were different but the characters were the same... And I could relate to everyone of them.. I got along with everybody.. The Preppies,Jocks and the Stoners.. Found out a couple of years ago one of My preppie nerd friends offed himself.. That was heart breaking to hear... The kid was smart.. Well mannered and wouldn't hurt a fly.. Yet he wound up hurting himself.. I was a laid back easy going kid.. I always just went with the flow.. I hungout with people mostly older than i was .. roamed the streets all hours of the night.. Had some real eye opening experiences.. I had the trepidation to go places I probably didn't belong.. Like I said about adventure.. It can be alluring in ways you can't imagine... But I have no remorse. Always did things on my terms.... I should probably write a book someday... Gone to some of the most beautiful places in the world.. Wound up in some dangerous situations.. Experienced some of the funniest shit you ever heard of.... Played some really cool gigs.. Got to open up for Styx,Billy Squire and Bad Co.. And even at this stage in life.. I earned the respect of a few famous guitar players and other notable musicians local and internationally and I'm still meeting international recording stars and musicians at this stage in life.. Despite having battled health issues since I was born given a 50/50 % chance to live.. I would say I have been one lucky motherfucker! Even after just having surgery 2 weeks ago to remove a tumor on my bladder that thankfully turned out to be benign... I feel a sense of grace and gratitude to be alive today.. And for that I thank God..
Wow! Sad about your buddies; but that's good news about your health. Really cool to hear about your music talent/background. I never knew the extent beyond a hobby. Let's hope Myles straightens out on the road. If he's an adrenaline junkie as I suspect he is - there's video games he could afford that could provide a fix/endorphin rush.
IF certain veterans show-up with the right mind-set - this can be a fun season, Believe it or not, 85 was a fun season because it showed us what was starting to happen. Mack and Byner both exceeding 1000 yards on the ground apiece. Bernie stepped into his fate. Yeah, they only went 8-8; but it won the division. The whole turn around; and then they hired OC Lindy Infante right after that season. Game on man! It was exciting as a fan to know the Kardiac Kids were returning. I take it nobody at the Cleveland Clinic came up with that spelling...
Wow! Sad about your buddies; but that's good news about your health. Really cool to hear about your music talent/background. I never knew the extent beyond a hobby. Let's hope Myles straightens out on the road. If he's an adrenaline junkie as I suspect he is - there's video games he could afford that could provide a fix/endorphin rush.
My daughter and I need to dig out our old skydiving gear and pay a visit to Myles. We can get him into outright legal speeds of 120 to 200 mph (flat vs head first down) and all the adrenaline he can handle. I was good at it, but she was on a National Champ 4 person team. Both of us had sport skydiving jumpmasters licences. ???
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login