WR position
-
...it's bad...and we've had some bad WR rooms...
This came from the Browns home page. Thrash is still listed but he's gone, so there's only 5 WR's on the 53. On the PS is everybody's camp favorite Little Luke Floria and Kaden Davis. There's only one name on the list that die-hard fans of other teams might know. And he's having a nightmare of a season.
And the Bears game color commentator was saying that Sanders was throwing to Fannin too much and that that's a rookie mistake. - Dopey announcer!
They're all 2 catches / game guys...at best. You can't count on a single one of 'em to get open.
19 WR 6-3 215 25 3 Tennessee Jamari Thrash 80 WR 6-0 190 24 2 Louisville Gage Larvadain 84 WR 5-8 171 22 R South Carolina Jerry Jeudy 3 WR 6-1 195 26 6 Alabama Malachi Corley 83 WR 5-11 215 23 2 Western Kentucky Isaiah Bond 16 WR 5-11 180 21 R Texas PS
89 WR 6-1 193 27 1 NW Missouri
81 WR 5-8 180 24 R Kent State -
Needs a major infusion of talent this offseason
-
Only one WR in the team's top six in receptions. Fannin has twice as many as the #3 guy (another TE).
REC
YDS YDS/REC LNG TD Harold Fannin Jr. 66 667 10.1 35 4 Jerry Jeudy 40 519 13 60 2 David Njoku 33 293 8.9 23 4 Dylan Sampson 28 259 9.2 66 2 Jerome Ford 26 103 4 17 0 Quinshon Judkins 21 142 6.8 58 0 -
The Browns home page is reporting that they've signed Jamari Thrash and released an OLineman that they signed when Thrash was waived.
-
That smells of Berry desperation.
Sure. He's trying to find somebody that can block a DLineman. And since Thrash can't get open AND can't block a DLineman, he's on the bubble.
-
...it's bad...and we've had some bad WR rooms...
This came from the Browns home page. Thrash is still listed but he's gone, so there's only 5 WR's on the 53. On the PS is everybody's camp favorite Little Luke Floria and Kaden Davis. There's only one name on the list that die-hard fans of other teams might know. And he's having a nightmare of a season.
And the Bears game color commentator was saying that Sanders was throwing to Fannin too much and that that's a rookie mistake. - Dopey announcer!
They're all 2 catches / game guys...at best. You can't count on a single one of 'em to get open.
19 WR 6-3 215 25 3 Tennessee Jamari Thrash 80 WR 6-0 190 24 2 Louisville Gage Larvadain 84 WR 5-8 171 22 R South Carolina Jerry Jeudy 3 WR 6-1 195 26 6 Alabama Malachi Corley 83 WR 5-11 215 23 2 Western Kentucky Isaiah Bond 16 WR 5-11 180 21 R Texas PS
89 WR 6-1 193 27 1 NW Missouri
81 WR 5-8 180 24 R Kent State ...it's bad...and we've had some bad WR rooms...
This came from the Browns home page. Thrash is still listed but he's gone, so there's only 5 WR's on the 53. On the PS is everybody's camp favorite Little Luke Floria and Kaden Davis. There's only one name on the list that die-hard fans of other teams might know. And he's having a nightmare of a season.
And the Bears game color commentator was saying that Sanders was throwing to Fannin too much and that that's a rookie mistake. - Dopey announcer!
They're all 2 catches / game guys...at best. You can't count on a single one of 'em to get open.
19 WR 6-3 215 25 3 Tennessee Jamari Thrash 80 WR 6-0 190 24 2 Louisville Gage Larvadain 84 WR 5-8 171 22 R South Carolina Jerry Jeudy 3 WR 6-1 195 26 6 Alabama Malachi Corley 83 WR 5-11 215 23 2 Western Kentucky Isaiah Bond 16 WR 5-11 180 21 R Texas PS
89 WR 6-1 193 27 1 NW Missouri
81 WR 5-8 180 24 R Kent State I'd rather see either of the 2 practice squad guys in lieu of Larvadain. 5'8" WRs don't thrill me any more than 5'8" QBs. That said, if I had to choose the 5'8" WR/KR in this scenario - time to see what Luke Floriea has for a change. Also, the 6'1" Davis had a good chemistry with Sanders in the preseason.
-
...it's bad...and we've had some bad WR rooms...
This came from the Browns home page. Thrash is still listed but he's gone, so there's only 5 WR's on the 53. On the PS is everybody's camp favorite Little Luke Floria and Kaden Davis. There's only one name on the list that die-hard fans of other teams might know. And he's having a nightmare of a season.
And the Bears game color commentator was saying that Sanders was throwing to Fannin too much and that that's a rookie mistake. - Dopey announcer!
They're all 2 catches / game guys...at best. You can't count on a single one of 'em to get open.
19 WR 6-3 215 25 3 Tennessee Jamari Thrash 80 WR 6-0 190 24 2 Louisville Gage Larvadain 84 WR 5-8 171 22 R South Carolina Jerry Jeudy 3 WR 6-1 195 26 6 Alabama Malachi Corley 83 WR 5-11 215 23 2 Western Kentucky Isaiah Bond 16 WR 5-11 180 21 R Texas PS
89 WR 6-1 193 27 1 NW Missouri
81 WR 5-8 180 24 R Kent State I'd rather see either of the 2 practice squad guys in lieu of Larvadain. 5'8" WRs don't thrill me any more than 5'8" QBs. That said, if I had to choose the 5'8" WR/KR in this scenario - time to see what Luke Floriea has for a change. Also, the 6'1" Davis had a good chemistry with Sanders in the preseason.
I'd rather see either of the 2 practice squad guys in lieu of Larvadain. 5'8" WRs don't thrill me any more than 5'8" QBs. That said, if I had to choose the 5'8" WR/KR in this scenario - time to see what Luke Floriea has for a change. Also, the 6'1" Davis had a good chemistry with Sanders in the preseason.
Luke Floreia is also a local product from the Mentor area I believe..
-
I'd rather see either of the 2 practice squad guys in lieu of Larvadain. 5'8" WRs don't thrill me any more than 5'8" QBs. That said, if I had to choose the 5'8" WR/KR in this scenario - time to see what Luke Floriea has for a change. Also, the 6'1" Davis had a good chemistry with Sanders in the preseason.
Luke Floreia is also a local product from the Mentor area I believe..
-
I'd rather see either of the 2 practice squad guys in lieu of Larvadain. 5'8" WRs don't thrill me any more than 5'8" QBs. That said, if I had to choose the 5'8" WR/KR in this scenario - time to see what Luke Floriea has for a change. Also, the 6'1" Davis had a good chemistry with Sanders in the preseason.
Luke Floreia is also a local product from the Mentor area I believe..
-
-
-
Top 5 overall though?
I like Tate, but I just don’t know if he’s worth that high of a pick.
Yeah... I get what your saying.. Id rather have Smith based on over all talent and production.. But Smith is only 6'0'.. Not holding it against him... But.. Considering the room.. The Browns are in that "Beggars can't be choosers" mode. And will smith be there..Unless we secure 1st or the 2nd pic at seasons end... The Oline and WR for me takes precendent.. I'm willing to roll with Sanders and Gabriel next year and if neither pan out.. Id love to go after Sayin... But with this off season looming in to obscurity... There's no real telling where the Browns are going.. I'm pretty sure Stef and Ventrones bags are packed on stand by...
EDIT: Would you roll the dice with Caleb Downs at the first pic?.. I would rather have potential talent like that than Ronnie Hickman.. Then just go offense the rest of the draft...
-
Top 5 overall though?
I like Tate, but I just don’t know if he’s worth that high of a pick.
Yeah... I get what your saying.. Id rather have Smith based on over all talent and production.. But Smith is only 6'0'.. Not holding it against him... But.. Considering the room.. The Browns are in that "Beggars can't be choosers" mode. And will smith be there..Unless we secure 1st or the 2nd pic at seasons end... The Oline and WR for me takes precendent.. I'm willing to roll with Sanders and Gabriel next year and if neither pan out.. Id love to go after Sayin... But with this off season looming in to obscurity... There's no real telling where the Browns are going.. I'm pretty sure Stef and Ventrones bags are packed on stand by...
EDIT: Would you roll the dice with Caleb Downs at the first pic?.. I would rather have potential talent like that than Ronnie Hickman.. Then just go offense the rest of the draft...
EDIT: Would you roll the dice with Caleb Downs at the first pic?.. I would rather have potential talent like that than Ronnie Hickman.. Then just go offense the rest of the draft...
I don’t think Downs would be rolling the dice, he’s an amazing prospect.
But man alive we need offense soooo bad. We will have three picks in the top 40 overall, and I want all three to be offensive players, preferably OLine and WR(s).
-
EDIT: Would you roll the dice with Caleb Downs at the first pic?.. I would rather have potential talent like that than Ronnie Hickman.. Then just go offense the rest of the draft...
I don’t think Downs would be rolling the dice, he’s an amazing prospect.
But man alive we need offense soooo bad. We will have three picks in the top 40 overall, and I want all three to be offensive players, preferably OLine and WR(s).
I don’t think Downs would be rolling the dice, he’s an amazing prospect.
But man alive we need offense soooo bad. We will have three picks in the top 40 overall, and I want all three to be offensive players, preferably OLine and WR(s).
Truly heartwarming to see you two carrying on a football conversation as Browns football fan brothers...which is what we all are, despite our differences.
MY thoughts on the offense / defense thing for this offseason:
I want an offensive minded HC. He and his OC have to understand that being able to pass the ball effectively is paramount to nfl football.
I want the HC & GM to address the offense, QB, OL, WR, ferociously. Using every tool they have the money to use (FA costs $, we have Watson, so mostly the draft).
Having said all that, and addressing all that, then look for a Safety. A CB. And wouldn't it be nice to have another really good DT and or Edge rusher?
- A team is no fun to watch if it can't move the ball on offense. And we're no fun at all. Even with polarizing & dynamic Shedeur Sanders at QB. -
-
EDIT: Would you roll the dice with Caleb Downs at the first pic?.. I would rather have potential talent like that than Ronnie Hickman.. Then just go offense the rest of the draft...
I don’t think Downs would be rolling the dice, he’s an amazing prospect.
But man alive we need offense soooo bad. We will have three picks in the top 40 overall, and I want all three to be offensive players, preferably OLine and WR(s).
I don’t think Downs would be rolling the dice, he’s an amazing prospect.
But man alive we need offense soooo bad. We will have three picks in the top 40 overall, and I want all three to be offensive players, preferably OLine and WR(s).
When I say rolling the dice.. I'm not underscoring Downs on Talent.. I'm just saying from a team perspective that "okay".."Let's bypass the safe pick(QB)" Which most pundits would predict the Browns would do.. With Downs.. you get a blue chip player who could have a major impact on your team despite the need on Offense,,, I have always been a champion of take BPA.. I think it makes more impact.. While there is no sure way to mecca.. I wonder what the percentages of teams are who go that route have more immediate success...
-
I don’t think Downs would be rolling the dice, he’s an amazing prospect.
But man alive we need offense soooo bad. We will have three picks in the top 40 overall, and I want all three to be offensive players, preferably OLine and WR(s).
Truly heartwarming to see you two carrying on a football conversation as Browns football fan brothers...which is what we all are, despite our differences.
MY thoughts on the offense / defense thing for this offseason:
I want an offensive minded HC. He and his OC have to understand that being able to pass the ball effectively is paramount to nfl football.
I want the HC & GM to address the offense, QB, OL, WR, ferociously. Using every tool they have the money to use (FA costs $, we have Watson, so mostly the draft).
Having said all that, and addressing all that, then look for a Safety. A CB. And wouldn't it be nice to have another really good DT and or Edge rusher?
- A team is no fun to watch if it can't move the ball on offense. And we're no fun at all. Even with polarizing & dynamic Shedeur Sanders at QB. -
Truly heartwarming to see you two carrying on a football conversation as Browns football fan brothers...which is what we all are, despite our differences.
MY thoughts on the offense / defense thing for this offseason:
I want an offensive minded HC. He and his OC have to understand that being able to pass the ball effectively is paramount to nfl football.
I want the HC & GM to address the offense, QB, OL, WR, ferociously. Using every tool they have the money to use (FA costs $, we have Watson, so mostly the draft).
Having said all that, and addressing all that, then look for a Safety. A CB. And wouldn't it be nice to have another really good DT and or Edge rusher?
- A team is no fun to watch if it can't move the ball on offense. And we're no fun at all. Even with polarizing & dynamic Shedeur Sanders at QB. -
I'm totally with you on a Offensive mindest at HC... Defensive HC's tend to be close to the vest conservative on offense... How does Kliff Kingsbury grab you?
-
I don’t think Downs would be rolling the dice, he’s an amazing prospect.
But man alive we need offense soooo bad. We will have three picks in the top 40 overall, and I want all three to be offensive players, preferably OLine and WR(s).
When I say rolling the dice.. I'm not underscoring Downs on Talent.. I'm just saying from a team perspective that "okay".."Let's bypass the safe pick(QB)" Which most pundits would predict the Browns would do.. With Downs.. you get a blue chip player who could have a major impact on your team despite the need on Offense,,, I have always been a champion of take BPA.. I think it makes more impact.. While there is no sure way to mecca.. I wonder what the percentages of teams are who go that route have more immediate success...
When I say rolling the dice.. I'm not underscoring Downs on Talent.. I'm just saying from a team perspective that "okay".."Let's bypass the safe pick(QB)" Which most pundits would predict the Browns would do.. With Downs.. you get a blue chip player who could have a major impact on your team despite the need on Offense,,, I have always been a champion of take BPA.. I think it makes more impact.. While there is no sure way to mecca.. I wonder what the percentages of teams are who go that route have more immediate success...
Caleb Downs is a dynamic player addition for any team in the NFL.
It's tough to bypass his talent. They could trade up to get an OT, then go WR in the 2nd round. Then OG in the 4th round, then trade back up into the late fourth round and select Mark Gronkowski.
Having said that, I have to mention my former projected 1st round pick, Drew Allar. lol
I thought he would dramatically grow in '25, but Penn St struggled, he got injured, now he is a late day two or day three pick.
Yes, Tom Brady was a sixth round pick. Dak Prescott was a fourth rounder.Brock Purdy was the last pick in that draft. Gronkowski may surprise people.
-
Top 5 overall though?
I like Tate, but I just don’t know if he’s worth that high of a pick.
Yeah... I get what your saying.. Id rather have Smith based on over all talent and production.. But Smith is only 6'0'.. Not holding it against him... But.. Considering the room.. The Browns are in that "Beggars can't be choosers" mode. And will smith be there..Unless we secure 1st or the 2nd pic at seasons end... The Oline and WR for me takes precendent.. I'm willing to roll with Sanders and Gabriel next year and if neither pan out.. Id love to go after Sayin... But with this off season looming in to obscurity... There's no real telling where the Browns are going.. I'm pretty sure Stef and Ventrones bags are packed on stand by...
EDIT: Would you roll the dice with Caleb Downs at the first pic?.. I would rather have potential talent like that than Ronnie Hickman.. Then just go offense the rest of the draft...
Yeah... I get what your saying.. Id rather have Smith based on over all talent and production.. But Smith is only 6'0'.. Not holding it against him... But.. Considering the room.. The Browns are in that "Beggars can't be choosers" mode. And will smith be there..Unless we secure 1st or the 2nd pic at seasons end... The Oline and WR for me takes precendent.. I'm willing to roll with Sanders and Gabriel next year and if neither pan out.. Id love to go after Sayin... But with this off season looming in to obscurity... There's no real telling where the Browns are going.. I'm pretty sure Stef and Ventrones bags are packed on stand by...
EDIT: Would you roll the dice with Caleb Downs at the first pic?.. I would rather have potential talent like that than Ronnie Hickman.. Then just go offense the rest of the draft...
we will be drafting in the top 5 in 27 also, so i would draft carefully this year to build up a team, trade the fuck down if we can this year to secure picks in the 27 draft (better QB'S ?) cause we fucking suck and are at least two drafts away from being a 9-7 club
-
Yeah... I get what your saying.. Id rather have Smith based on over all talent and production.. But Smith is only 6'0'.. Not holding it against him... But.. Considering the room.. The Browns are in that "Beggars can't be choosers" mode. And will smith be there..Unless we secure 1st or the 2nd pic at seasons end... The Oline and WR for me takes precendent.. I'm willing to roll with Sanders and Gabriel next year and if neither pan out.. Id love to go after Sayin... But with this off season looming in to obscurity... There's no real telling where the Browns are going.. I'm pretty sure Stef and Ventrones bags are packed on stand by...
EDIT: Would you roll the dice with Caleb Downs at the first pic?.. I would rather have potential talent like that than Ronnie Hickman.. Then just go offense the rest of the draft...
we will be drafting in the top 5 in 27 also, so i would draft carefully this year to build up a team, trade the fuck down if we can this year to secure picks in the 27 draft (better QB'S ?) cause we fucking suck and are at least two drafts away from being a 9-7 club
we will be drafting in the top 5 in 27 also, so i would draft carefully this year to build up a team, trade the fuck down if we can this year to secure picks in the 27 draft (better QB'S ?) cause we fucking suck and are at least two drafts away from being a 9-7 club
Depends on whose the coach next year and what our off season haul is like..
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login