Skip to content

Mike McDaniels new HC?

The Browns Board
62 23 1.3k 1
  • @syd said:

    so a shit offense has nothing to do with trading away all those picks and giving that dude 240 million guaranteed. nope I guess note

    wait, that is a completely different story, of course that stupid deal screwed over the Browns, But not drafting olinemen and wr's they should have drafted has nothing to do with that stinking, dramatically asswholish trade.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #41

    @calfoxwc said:

    wait, that is a completely different story, of course that stupid deal screwed over the Browns, But not drafting olinemen and wr's they should have drafted has nothing to do with that stinking, dramatically asswholish trade.

    When do Head Coaches get to pull rank on GMs and orchestrate such trades like that?   And who gave Watson the GUARANTEED money - the Head Coach?  You think it was Stefanski?  When I saw a press conference where Andrew Berry corrected a female reporter with a very sparky "I DIDN'T DRAFT BAKER MAYFIELD" - I knew they were done with Baker.  He was the plan of Dorsey so here came the ego of a the new GM about to get what he wanted very soon - and sending Baker packing in the process.  That GM wanted his own QB and giving up all those draft picks to get him - Berry neglected building the OL via the draft.  The ones he did pick have often been deemed in active for games.  The situation became so bad in recent weeks that Zinter has finally been active the last few weeks or so.  I don't think Berry has what it takes to build a team.  He inherited Garrett, Ward, Njoku, Bitonio, Teller and Chubb - more specifically - the Pro Bowl Nucleus

    If I'm a young QB prospect looking at teams that might be drafting a QB - I'm praying Andrew Berry doesn't want me for the Browns without any talent protecting the passer on the edges.  Last draft was a blind squirrel finding a nut. Berry needs to go the most IMO.  Having said all that, I DO agree things are stale with Stefanski here.  I just don't know if firing both the GM and HC at the same time is doable so I'd start with letting Berry go first.  It'll be interesting to see what happens.  

  • runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by
    #42

    Well they fired Stefanski. I do not think this is the proper move. I would have given him 1 more year. The o-line was trash all year and the QB situation was in flux all year. Jeudy isn't the guy Cooper was, not eve close, so the offense sputtered. I would be interested in knowing how they evaluated the QBs in camp etc. Maybe this is where Stefanski got in trouble this year. While Sanders didn't knock it out of the park, he was way better then Gabriel. You should play the better player regardless of where they are drafted. All of that said, I think he should have been given another year. I am not sure what the expectation for this year was but a lot had to break right for the Browns this year and that didn't happen. Also, lets not forget that firing Stefanski might also mean Schwartz is gone. I hope that doesn't happen but its a strong possibility.

  • DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by
    #43

    Image

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #44

    I agree, with you guys Stefanski isn’t a HOF caliber HC but Berry didn’t give him much to work with.

    KS didn’t give up a shit ton of draft capital for the pervert QB.

    He also wasn’t responsible for trying to win with 2 rookie QB’s not to mention a piss poor offensive line.

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by Canton Dawg
    #45

    I’m watching the presser with Hillbilly Haslam.

    He spent a great deal of time swinging on AB’s nutsack, particularly how his most recent draft went.

    Somehow he glossed over his previous lackluster performance in the draft.

    Not to mention not drafting a single offensive lineman, and drafting two rookie QB’s to lead us to the playoffs ??

  • I’m watching the presser with Hillbilly Haslam.

    He spent a great deal of time swinging on AB’s nutsack, particularly how his most recent draft went.

    Somehow he glossed over his previous lackluster performance in the draft.

    Not to mention not drafting a single offensive lineman, and drafting two rookie QB’s to lead us to the playoffs ??

    runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @canton-dawg said:

    I’m watching the presser with Hillbilly Haslam.

    He spent a great deal of time swinging on AB’s nutsack, particularly how his most recent draft went.

    Somehow he glossed over his previous lackluster performance in the draft.

    Not to mention not drafting a single offensive lineman, and drafting two rookie QB’s to lead us to the playoffs ??

    I think both Berry and Kevin should have had one more year. AB did some very good things this year, but he has had some bad misses over his tenure too. Hopefully, with this last draft he is turning the corner. I think the 2nd QB wasn't in the plan but when Sanders was sitting there at 5 they couldn't resist the value. The problem came I think when they tried to figure out how to navigate the QB situation and evaluating them. I believe Kevin probably set Dillon higher due to maybe liking him pre-draft and being a higher draft pick and that being part of their original plan. But we may never know since they never talk about any of this stuff so we are left to speculate. 

  • If the Ravens end up firing John Harbaugh, would you guys want him? 

    ClaretBrownC ClaretBrown wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @secondwave said:

    If the Ravens end up firing John Harbaugh, would you guys want him? 

    That wouldn't happen, would it? 

    If so then a big yes from me 

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #48

    So the guy who fucked up the Watson deal and left 2 rookie QBs with no OLs or WRs worthy of the name gets to stay? Stef should have just jumped on the Sanders bandwagon early and let it ride out rather than back a mediocre midget with a ragarm. He fucked himself and Berry made that clear to Hillbilly.

  • @secondwave said:

    If the Ravens end up firing John Harbaugh, would you guys want him? 

    That wouldn't happen, would it? 

    If so then a big yes from me 

    S secondwave wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @claretbrown said:

    That wouldn't happen, would it? 

    If so then a big yes from me 

    Link: https://sports.yahoo.com/articles/ravens-hc-john-harbaugh-mic-150254055.html

    There are several other sites floating this around.

    God, I hope it's true. I wasn't too keen on firing Stefanski (grass ain't always greener), but this is would make me happy

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #50

    Berry is a weasel.  He even looks like one with his beady eyes.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #51

    Promote Schwartz to HC, let one of the asst defense coaches be DC, unless Schwartz wants

    someone else. Haslam needs to go too, but that won't happen. And firing Berry would, I guess, make it longer to hire a HC. My guess is, Berry is a "yes" man to Haslam, whose arrogance demands compliance. And the Browns players and fans suffer from a lack of genuine leadership, which is a common Browns theme in the history.

    BTW, wasn't that steelers/ratbird game crazy to watch? lol

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #52

    All I remember about Schwartz's Lions teams were that they were talented teams that played with little discipline. 

  • Promote Schwartz to HC, let one of the asst defense coaches be DC, unless Schwartz wants

    someone else. Haslam needs to go too, but that won't happen. And firing Berry would, I guess, make it longer to hire a HC. My guess is, Berry is a "yes" man to Haslam, whose arrogance demands compliance. And the Browns players and fans suffer from a lack of genuine leadership, which is a common Browns theme in the history.

    BTW, wasn't that steelers/ratbird game crazy to watch? lol

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @calfoxwc said:

    Promote Schwartz to HC

    if they were going to do that, then I believe it would have been done half way through the season

  • M MDDawg wrote on last edited by
    #54

    McDaniel is interviewing next week, hopefully they convince him to join as OC and make Schwartz HC.

  • McDaniel is interviewing next week, hopefully they convince him to join as OC and make Schwartz HC.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #55

    @mddawg said:

    McDaniel is interviewing next week, hopefully they convince him to join as OC and make Schwartz HC.

    Yeah, he seems like one of those Coaches that are much better as an Assistant Coach (under a successful HC) than he is as a Head Coach.  

  • @mddawg said:

    McDaniel is interviewing next week, hopefully they convince him to join as OC and make Schwartz HC.

    Yeah, he seems like one of those Coaches that are much better as an Assistant Coach (under a successful HC) than he is as a Head Coach.  

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #56

    @flugel said:

    seems like one of those Coaches that are much better as an Assistant Coach (under a successful HC) than he is as a Head Coach.  

    besides....Blue collar Cleveland needs no Capris wearing coaches 560053540_1141161801487518_427242558924595027_n.jpg.53de6ae73c47f525033af64f66455bfb.jpg  carry on ?

    images.jpg.edb0781edcbfa403d74a1f5f203355e5.jpg

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #57

    in person interview on Wednesday 

  • sydS syd

    in person interview on Wednesday 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @syd said:

    in person interview on Wednesday 

    I hope Monotone McDaniel cranks up the decibels so they can hear him over any buzzing lights above.  As an OC yes - as a HC?  Really?  Speaking light bulbs - who can I thank for this light bulb moment in Cleveland?  Whoever it was Thank you!

  • 7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
    #59

    JOHN GRUDEN 

  • JOHN GRUDEN 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #60

    @7moses7 said:

    JOHN GRUDEN 

    When I read this, in all caps, all I can think about is slow Matt Damon (and likely how the poster is too)