Skip to content

Green Day Plays the Superbowl

The Browns Board
31 11 581 1
  • sydS syd

    LOL green day trying to come off as a punk band,fucking posers

    @syd said:

    LOL green day trying to come off as a punk band,fucking posers

    They looked like a bunch of Lesbian bull dykes..

  • sydS syd

    LOL green day trying to come off as a punk band,fucking posers

    @syd said:

    LOL green day trying to come off as a punk band,fucking posers

    This is some Gatekeepy bullshit

  • @syd said:

    LOL green day trying to come off as a punk band,fucking posers

    This is some Gatekeepy bullshit

    @sdbacker80 said:

    This is some Gatekeepy bullshit

    these guys   should have played

  • sydS syd

    @sdbacker80 said:

    This is some Gatekeepy bullshit

    these guys   should have played

    @syd said:

    these guys   should have played

    I’ve see ‘em! Might have been around ‘08 or so, they definitely played this song and a few others from the album “Death By Sexy.” That was my fave by them.

    I don’t think they’re controversial enough to play the Superbowl. If it doesn’t get people squawking and gawking then the NFL might actually have to spend money to market it. 

  • @syd said:

    these guys   should have played

    I’ve see ‘em! Might have been around ‘08 or so, they definitely played this song and a few others from the album “Death By Sexy.” That was my fave by them.

    I don’t think they’re controversial enough to play the Superbowl. If it doesn’t get people squawking and gawking then the NFL might actually have to spend money to market it. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I don’t think they’re controversial enough to play the Superbowl. If it doesn’t get people squawking and gawking enough............

    Bring in a half naked Taylor Swift. That'd cover just about everything in one shot. ?

  • @syd said:

    these guys   should have played

    I’ve see ‘em! Might have been around ‘08 or so, they definitely played this song and a few others from the album “Death By Sexy.” That was my fave by them.

    I don’t think they’re controversial enough to play the Superbowl. If it doesn’t get people squawking and gawking then the NFL might actually have to spend money to market it. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I don’t think they’re controversial enough to play the Superbowl. If it doesn’t get people squawking and gawking then the NFL might actually have to spend money to market it. 

    The only people who thought Bad Bunny - one of the most popular music acts in the world that was asked to do the Super Bowl halftime show for a league that is constantly trying to expand its footprint beyond the U.S. - was "controversial" are the grandkids of people who thought black people should have their own water fountains.

    Green Day is "Unamerican" to people who support absolute jokes of presidents like George W. and the current one man criminal enterprise. 

    But hey, it gives the culture warriors on here yet another thing to cry about, so there's that. 

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    I don’t think they’re controversial enough to play the Superbowl. If it doesn’t get people squawking and gawking then the NFL might actually have to spend money to market it. 

    The only people who thought Bad Bunny - one of the most popular music acts in the world that was asked to do the Super Bowl halftime show for a league that is constantly trying to expand its footprint beyond the U.S. - was "controversial" are the grandkids of people who thought black people should have their own water fountains.

    Green Day is "Unamerican" to people who support absolute jokes of presidents like George W. and the current one man criminal enterprise. 

    But hey, it gives the culture warriors on here yet another thing to cry about, so there's that. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Green Day is "Unamerican"

    na, they just suck and I hate that  punk rock thing they try to promote themselves as, Punk is not dead, go to any local venue that has a punk show going on wearing a green day shirt I bet that person would get their ass kicked

  • sydS syd

    @dutch-oven said:

    Green Day is "Unamerican"

    na, they just suck and I hate that  punk rock thing they try to promote themselves as, Punk is not dead, go to any local venue that has a punk show going on wearing a green day shirt I bet that person would get their ass kicked

    @syd said:

    na, they just suck and I hate that  punk rock thing they try to promote themselves as, Punk is not dead, go to any local venue that has a punk show going on wearing a green day shirt I bet that person would get their ass kicked

    Cool.

  • sydS syd

    @dutch-oven said:

    Green Day is "Unamerican"

    na, they just suck and I hate that  punk rock thing they try to promote themselves as, Punk is not dead, go to any local venue that has a punk show going on wearing a green day shirt I bet that person would get their ass kicked

    @syd said:

    na, they just suck and I hate that  punk rock thing they try to promote themselves as, Punk is not dead, go to any local venue that has a punk show going on wearing a green day shirt I bet that person would get their ass kicked

    Come on now Syd. We’re both too damn old to involve ourselves with who is and who is not punk rock.

    With that said, Green Day is punk as fuck. They came up organically. Lookout Records, Gilman Street, they paid their dues. Yeah, they sold out, but l can’t blame them. 

  • @syd said:

    na, they just suck and I hate that  punk rock thing they try to promote themselves as, Punk is not dead, go to any local venue that has a punk show going on wearing a green day shirt I bet that person would get their ass kicked

    Come on now Syd. We’re both too damn old to involve ourselves with who is and who is not punk rock.

    With that said, Green Day is punk as fuck. They came up organically. Lookout Records, Gilman Street, they paid their dues. Yeah, they sold out, but l can’t blame them. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Come on now Syd. We’re both too damn old to involve ourselves with who is and who is not punk rock.

    With that said, Green Day is punk as fuck. They came up organically. Lookout Records, Gilman Street, they paid their dues. Yeah, they sold out, but l can’t blame them. 

    Their lead singer has had a cold his whole career?