Skip to content

Draft so you can win more games

The Browns Board
284 17 13.6k 1
  • @flugel said:

    Yeah, that was a GREAT idea you had with him Dutch.  He probably does offer good hands.  My guess is the other options to throw to at Ohio State were Jeremiah Smith, Carnell Tate, Bo Jackson and Max Klare giving him far less opportunity to show off his hands.

    There are a ton of mouths to feed down in Columbus.

    My only problem I had with the draft is I felt Berry wasn't aggressive enough getting better OLinemen after Fano... I felt there were better guys than Barber and Brailsford on Day 3 they should have targeted, but who knows, maybe they really like Barber for example more than most. Brailsford reminds me a little too much of Nick Harris, who was too small to ever be a legit starting candidate at center. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    There are a ton of mouths to feed down in Columbus.

    My only problem I had with the draft is I felt Berry wasn't aggressive enough getting better OLinemen after Fano... I felt there were better guys than Barber and Brailsford on Day 3 they should have targeted, but who knows, maybe they really like Barber for example more than most. Brailsford reminds me a little too much of Nick Harris, who was too small to ever be a legit starting candidate at center. 

    I wish I saw more Florida games now that we drafted Barber; but the 2 or so I watched - I don't remember him being bad at all.  In Athlon's Draft guide I have that rates ALL the tackles (instead of specifying right or left - hate that) - he's the 11th rated OTackle with a 4th round projection. Lindy's does it the same way (grouping them as OTackles only) and he's 21st ranked with a 6th round projection.  As we can see there's quite a variance in his rankings like I'm seeing with some of our thoughts in here.  Since the Browns took him as early as round 3 - here's something good to see I suppose in the cut and paste below:

    image.png.92d1cdacce54066ffbfe68a216905d18.png

  • @dutch-oven said:

    There are a ton of mouths to feed down in Columbus.

    My only problem I had with the draft is I felt Berry wasn't aggressive enough getting better OLinemen after Fano... I felt there were better guys than Barber and Brailsford on Day 3 they should have targeted, but who knows, maybe they really like Barber for example more than most. Brailsford reminds me a little too much of Nick Harris, who was too small to ever be a legit starting candidate at center. 

    I wish I saw more Florida games now that we drafted Barber; but the 2 or so I watched - I don't remember him being bad at all.  In Athlon's Draft guide I have that rates ALL the tackles (instead of specifying right or left - hate that) - he's the 11th rated OTackle with a 4th round projection. Lindy's does it the same way (grouping them as OTackles only) and he's 21st ranked with a 6th round projection.  As we can see there's quite a variance in his rankings like I'm seeing with some of our thoughts in here.  Since the Browns took him as early as round 3 - here's something good to see I suppose in the cut and paste below:

    image.png.92d1cdacce54066ffbfe68a216905d18.png

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    I wish I saw more Florida games now that we drafted Barber; but the 2 or so I watched - I don't remember him being bad at all.  In Athlon's Draft guide I have that rates ALL the tackles (instead of specifying right or left - hate that) - he's the 11th rated OTackle with a 4th round projection. Lindy's does it the same way (grouping them as OTackles only) and he's 21st ranked with a 6th round projection.  As we can see there's quite a variance in his rankings like I'm seeing with some of our thoughts in here.  Since the Browns took him as early as round 3 - here's something good to see I suppose in the cut and paste below:

    image.png.92d1cdacce54066ffbfe68a216905d18.png

    From what I've heard and read it seems like Barber is a great candidate to move inside as a guard if he becomes a starter, or perhaps he becomes our backup/swing tackle. 

  • @flugel said:

    Yeah, that was a GREAT idea you had with him Dutch.  He probably does offer good hands.  My guess is the other options to throw to at Ohio State were Jeremiah Smith, Carnell Tate, Bo Jackson and Max Klare giving him far less opportunity to show off his hands.

    There are a ton of mouths to feed down in Columbus.

    My only problem I had with the draft is I felt Berry wasn't aggressive enough getting better OLinemen after Fano... I felt there were better guys than Barber and Brailsford on Day 3 they should have targeted, but who knows, maybe they really like Barber for example more than most. Brailsford reminds me a little too much of Nick Harris, who was too small to ever be a legit starting candidate at center. 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    @dutch-oven said:

    felt there were better guys than Barber and Brailsford on Day 3 they should have targeted

    https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/2026/rounds/3  here's the 3rd.. we had pick 70..

    IMO, (the if's) 

    Losing Markell Bell 2 picks prior, berry decided to pivot & move back to #74..

    Georgia (Monken)TE Oscar Delp get's taken 73.. (Bell & Delp had 30 team visits) so that crashes those 2 parties

    Berry takes the future 4th moves to 86 NYG

    So if their thought was/is to move Barber to Guard or swing Tackle?

    You nailed your thoughts they had better guys sitting on the board after they picked Barber (Or added ammo/ to move up) .. See 5 OL Barber needs to be better than in link

    While I'm still pulling my already grey hair out.. ? The 5th round ?

    https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/2026/rounds/5

    If Berry thought losing Hecht 2 slots before having to settle on Brailford to play center was bad? Than,

    Losing Monken's FB/TE from Indiana (Nowakowski) by 1 pick really had to suck . AB's pivot was to take Royer the pick after..

    Anywho? 148 was traded for a SEA 4th.. Screw that!

    1 ) Use it to get Hecht as your center

    2) Instead of LB? take Nowakowski  at 149

    3)  Pick 170 -- Wouldn't have cared ..Height & Nowakowski we're in your pocket.. trade it ! now go LB/CB?

    Yep! The if's.. always easier now than,then ..  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    felt there were better guys than Barber and Brailsford on Day 3 they should have targeted

    https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/2026/rounds/3  here's the 3rd.. we had pick 70..

    IMO, (the if's) 

    Losing Markell Bell 2 picks prior, berry decided to pivot & move back to #74..

    Georgia (Monken)TE Oscar Delp get's taken 73.. (Bell & Delp had 30 team visits) so that crashes those 2 parties

    Berry takes the future 4th moves to 86 NYG

    So if their thought was/is to move Barber to Guard or swing Tackle?

    You nailed your thoughts they had better guys sitting on the board after they picked Barber (Or added ammo/ to move up) .. See 5 OL Barber needs to be better than in link

    While I'm still pulling my already grey hair out.. ? The 5th round ?

    https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/2026/rounds/5

    If Berry thought losing Hecht 2 slots before having to settle on Brailford to play center was bad? Than,

    Losing Monken's FB/TE from Indiana (Nowakowski) by 1 pick really had to suck . AB's pivot was to take Royer the pick after..

    Anywho? 148 was traded for a SEA 4th.. Screw that!

    1 ) Use it to get Hecht as your center

    2) Instead of LB? take Nowakowski  at 149

    3)  Pick 170 -- Wouldn't have cared ..Height & Nowakowski we're in your pocket.. trade it ! now go LB/CB?

    Yep! The if's.. always easier now than,then ..  

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    If Berry thought losing Hecht 2 slots before having to settle on Brailford to play center was bad?

    I was all in on Hecht for the Browns on my stupid mock draft. After, I looked into it - though

    Best pick: Kansas State C Sam Hecht

    After moving around the draft board, the Panthers ended up with the 144th pick early in the fifth round. They used it on Kansas State center Sam Hecht. He was considered by a lot of draft analysts to be no worse than the second-best center in this class.

    that is the part that I was thinking.....but then

    https://brownswire.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2026/04/29/browns-nfl-draft-getting-to-know-durable-center-parker-brailsford/89813579007/

    "

    Here are three things to get to know the new Browns' center.

    1. High value draft pick

    According to the consensus boards, Brailsford was slated as the number two-ranked center and was projected to be a third-round pick, and Cleveland got him in the fifth round. Over his career, he has shown all of the natural abilities needed to be successful at the position."

    "Parker Brailsford was the No. 2 center on PFSN’s consensus big board.

    2. Best ability is availability

    Durability, again, is the name of the game for all of Cleveland's draft picks. The Browns have continually battled injuries year after year. Yes, they are all part of the game, and they are going to happen, but Brailsford is yet another in their list of draft picks who maxed out the number of games that they could have played.

    He appeared in 15 games in his freshman year at center and guard for Washington before transferring to Alabama and playing in all 27 of his games. In that time, he allowed just two sacks from the center position.

    3. Undersized, but very athletic

    Brailsford is very undersized for his position and for an NFL offensive line, period. He stands at 6'2" and weighs in at just 289 pounds. That's not always a horrible thing for centers as they can use their leverage against bigger guys, but it is definitely a negative.

    What is positive is that, again, like the other draft picks, Brailsford is extremely athletic. He tested out as an 8.65 RAS and is one of the more athletic offensive linemen in this class.

    calls him “a natural” at the position.

    ********************************************************************

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/football/the-browns-just-got-the-steal-of-the-nfl-draft-with-alabama-center-parker-brailsford/ar-AA21IQXQ

    The Browns just got the steal of the NFL draft with Alabama center Parker Brailsford

    *************************

    so, I was no longer disgusted - Berry knew what he was doing, apparently !