Draft so you can win more games
-
Sounds like he’s just not on board with Ty Simpson at 6
Nobody should be.
-
Sounds like he’s just not on board with Ty Simpson at 6
Nobody should be.
Nobody should be.
Drafting Ty Simpson at 6 after enduring the Watson debacle is the ultimate example of "Two wrongs don't make a right".
Ty Simpson has some definite positives, but he's so inexperienced and honestly so not ready to endure the physical demands of playing in the NFL. He needs to go to a team that brings him up like a Packers QB, and that team is not your Cleveland Browns. It would be a recipe for disaster.
-
Agree this would set us back at least four more years. Have to figure we give him a shot with a handful of games in 26. We win 3/4 games again and we pass on a 27 QB to give him a chance in 2027.
Or we realize our error and draft ANOTHER QB high in 2027, and basically piss a #6 overall pick away.
Either way, just don't draft Simpson at #6.
-
I don’t know….Sounds like a hedge.
WR is need 1a and OT is need 1b but If there is value (insert OSU Defender) you take advantage of that.
He didn't specify. Which could mean that there is someone at the top of the draft that he doesn't expect to fall to us.
I usually like JT's take on things (but not always). During his playing days he was talking to a reporter. He was saying how the difference between winning and losing in the NFL is very slim. He said that it's imperative to have a QB and passing attack capable of coming down the FG at the end of the game to score the winning points. You can't run yourself down the field at the end of the game, or end of the half. And so many games come down to the wire. I remember thinking that he might make a good HC.
-
The buzz locally around the Browns loving Simpson keeps picking up steam.
I hope to dog it's just a smokescreen to get someone to trade up for the Browns #6 pick. It makes sense for a team that desperately needs a LTackle and WR, in a draft where there is absolutely no slam-dunk LT or WR that is an easy pick for the Browns at 6.
-
The buzz locally around the Browns loving Simpson keeps picking up steam.
I hope to dog it's just a smokescreen to get someone to trade up for the Browns #6 pick. It makes sense for a team that desperately needs a LTackle and WR, in a draft where there is absolutely no slam-dunk LT or WR that is an easy pick for the Browns at 6.
The buzz locally around the Browns loving Simpson keeps picking up steam.
I hope to dog it's just a smokescreen to get someone to trade up for the Browns #6 pick. It makes sense for a team that desperately needs a LTackle and WR, in a draft where there is absolutely no slam-dunk LT or WR that is an easy pick for the Browns at 6.
We are at the point where you can't trust anything that is said. Our top priority is to trade back(IMO), so we will see us loving everybody.
No matter, somebody will want one of the defenders who will be on the board as that is where the strength will sit when we pick at 6. The ideal is Love is there, somebody will want him.
-
Agree this would set us back at least four more years. Have to figure we give him a shot with a handful of games in 26. We win 3/4 games again and we pass on a 27 QB to give him a chance in 2027.
Or we realize our error and draft ANOTHER QB high in 2027, and basically piss a #6 overall pick away.
Either way, just don't draft Simpson at #6.
Or we realize our error and draft ANOTHER QB high in 2027, and basically piss a #6 overall pick away.
Either way, just don't draft Simpson at #6.
This is the same mentality I said about Johnny Manziel. Thinking, if the Browns passed early, they'd pass late.
.... I was wrong.
edit: Likely smokescreen.
-
Or we realize our error and draft ANOTHER QB high in 2027, and basically piss a #6 overall pick away.
Either way, just don't draft Simpson at #6.
This is the same mentality I said about Johnny Manziel. Thinking, if the Browns passed early, they'd pass late.
.... I was wrong.
edit: Likely smokescreen.
This is the same mentality I said about Johnny Manziel. Thinking, if the Browns passed early, they'd pass late.
.... I was wrong.
edit: Likely smokescreen.
I was with about a dozen friends at a bar in Berea that night, told them they can't draft that idiot. If they did, I'd buy a drink of their choice.
Welp, that cost me $120 and misery, probably cost the Browns a playoff spot as well. Remember, they were 6-3 and in first place, but Farmer & Haslam wanted Manziel to play?
-
This is the same mentality I said about Johnny Manziel. Thinking, if the Browns passed early, they'd pass late.
.... I was wrong.
edit: Likely smokescreen.
I was with about a dozen friends at a bar in Berea that night, told them they can't draft that idiot. If they did, I'd buy a drink of their choice.
Welp, that cost me $120 and misery, probably cost the Browns a playoff spot as well. Remember, they were 6-3 and in first place, but Farmer & Haslam wanted Manziel to play?
I was with about a dozen friends at a bar in Berea that night, told them they can't draft that idiot. If they did, I'd buy a drink of their choice.
Welp, that cost me $120 and misery, probably cost the Browns a playoff spot as well. Remember, they were 6-3 and in first place, but Farmer & Haslam wanted Manziel to play?
OOF. I feel you, bubs. The first and, to date, the only bar I've ever been kicked out of ("asked" to leave) was Smokey Bones in Mentor that night. Everybody cheered when JM was picked. I slammed two shots of 151 and MF'd everybody up and down the bar who were celebrating. In hindsight, I absolutely should have not acted a fool. But I was vindicated with my eval within 8 months.
That 6-3 collapse was multi-faceted issue. I remember my long talks with @tour2ma, ( god rest him) being that it was my 1st season on this board. Losing Alex Mack, and then your backup center absolutely ruined the running game. Spotty running game lead to ineffective PAP game, the area Hoyer was able to be his most effective self.
When the offense stalled, it wasn't specifically Manziel's fault. As that was already in process. However, the coaching staff (Haslam & Farmer, really) tried to implement their own fix by inserting Johnny. Which only made the offense even worse. Toss in Jim O Neil with his 2 gap bullshit on defense, giving up 130+ a game on the ground... collapse was inevitable.
I don't blame Johnny for all of the Browns woes from that period. But he sure did more than his part to contribute to them.
-
I was at a Winking Lizard and told my friends I'd buy them all Jabrill Peppers jerseys if we drafted him. That changed to t shirts real quick...
-
God, I hope we don't take a QB at 6. Not seeing anyone worth it there.
-
I was with about a dozen friends at a bar in Berea that night, told them they can't draft that idiot. If they did, I'd buy a drink of their choice.
Welp, that cost me $120 and misery, probably cost the Browns a playoff spot as well. Remember, they were 6-3 and in first place, but Farmer & Haslam wanted Manziel to play?
OOF. I feel you, bubs. The first and, to date, the only bar I've ever been kicked out of ("asked" to leave) was Smokey Bones in Mentor that night. Everybody cheered when JM was picked. I slammed two shots of 151 and MF'd everybody up and down the bar who were celebrating. In hindsight, I absolutely should have not acted a fool. But I was vindicated with my eval within 8 months.
That 6-3 collapse was multi-faceted issue. I remember my long talks with @tour2ma, ( god rest him) being that it was my 1st season on this board. Losing Alex Mack, and then your backup center absolutely ruined the running game. Spotty running game lead to ineffective PAP game, the area Hoyer was able to be his most effective self.
When the offense stalled, it wasn't specifically Manziel's fault. As that was already in process. However, the coaching staff (Haslam & Farmer, really) tried to implement their own fix by inserting Johnny. Which only made the offense even worse. Toss in Jim O Neil with his 2 gap bullshit on defense, giving up 130+ a game on the ground... collapse was inevitable.
I don't blame Johnny for all of the Browns woes from that period. But he sure did more than his part to contribute to them.
OOF. I feel you, bubs. The first and, to date, the only bar I've ever been kicked out of ("asked" to leave) was Smokey Bones in Mentor that night. Everybody cheered when JM was picked. I slammed two shots of 151 and MF'd everybody up and down the bar who were celebrating. In hindsight, I absolutely should have not acted a fool. But I was vindicated with my eval within 8 months.
That 6-3 collapse was multi-faceted issue. I remember my long talks with @tour2ma, ( god rest him) being that it was my 1st season on this board. Losing Alex Mack, and then your backup center absolutely ruined the running game. Spotty running game lead to ineffective PAP game, the area Hoyer was able to be his most effective self.
When the offense stalled, it wasn't specifically Manziel's fault. As that was already in process. However, the coaching staff (Haslam & Farmer, really) tried to implement their own fix by inserting Johnny. Which only made the offense even worse. Toss in Jim O Neil with his 2 gap bullshit on defense, giving up 130+ a game on the ground... collapse was inevitable.
I don't blame Johnny for all of the Browns woes from that period. But he sure did more than his part to contribute to them.
Manziel wasn’t blamed enough for being the turd he was.
I was at my friends house that night, and when the Browns traded up to 22 I audibly groaned. I knew exactly who the Browns were taking before it was announced. One of the guys there was Pete Smith, you might be familiar with his work. I think he might have even covered the Browns for SI at one point. He laughed and laughed and laughed when it was announced
-
Everyone was buying drinks and I received some. Top shelf stuff.
I was with a Texans friend and told him to drop it big on Cincy for his first start
-
And somehow Manziel was the second-worst first round pick the Browns made in 2014.
-
For the love of everything holy I'll go complete tia if this happens at 6...
-
For the love of everything holy I'll go complete tia if this happens at 6...
For the love of everything holy I'll go complete tia if this happens at 6...
My fear is that he's the highest rated LT left on the board at #24 and we didn't take one at #6.
-
For the love of everything holy I'll go complete tia if this happens at 6...
My fear is that he's the highest rated LT left on the board at #24 and we didn't take one at #6.
-
You never go full-Browns.
I know that Berry is not good at drafting OLinemen, but he can't be that bad...can he?
-
You never go full-Browns.
I know that Berry is not good at drafting OLinemen, but he can't be that bad...can he?
-
You never go full-Browns.
I know that Berry is not good at drafting OLinemen, but he can't be that bad...can he?
I know that Berry is not good at drafting OLinemen, but he can't be that bad...can he?
Let's start with a positive - I applaud what he's doing for the OL in this FA period.
That said, if he's still piss poor/lacking confidence in his ability to draft OL - he's gotta go. Last year's OL assassinated this team's chance to win as it did the year before. Is he ever going to look at film and access the expertise of his OL Coach? It shouldn't be this impossible. Again, Berry worked for Philly GM Howie Roseman before Jimmy took him back.
HOPEFULLY, this is all pre-draft Poker strategy so nobody perceives they need to move up in front of the Browns at #6. The last 2 former Bama OTs the Browns brought here were Jed Wills and Cam Robinson. The Bengals also tried and drafted LT Jonah Williams at #11 overall from Bama; and that was a disaster for them. Saban's program did better at developing Interior OL (G/C) - I think Roseman found a couple of those between rounds 2 and 4 in the 3-4 years. Like they said in the video and others are echoing in thread - he'll probably be an OG/next generation Nate Newton. We already have a LT that showed up to training camp way overweight 2 of the 3 years he got parked on IR here...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
