Roster Happenings
-
Would you believe I was at that home game vs the Broncos? It felt like the only time I can remember them beating the Broncos even though they have beaten them other times.
In 1967 I was at the A&M - Texas game when we beat them 10-7. I was 20 years old. The last time we had beaten them was 1956 (I was there too) which was the first time we had ever beaten them in Memorial Stadium in Austin. I was 9 years old and John David Crow would win the Heisman the following year (when Bear Bryant left for Bama). I can distinctly remember the sense of unreality when the final gun sounded in 1967 because the drought was the longest ever in the history of that rivalry. At some point all hope of ever winning again was gone, so it just felt very strange and unbelievable when it finally happened. Makes you look over your shoulder to see if an angel was taking you to heaven or something.?
In 1967 I was at the A&M - Texas game when we beat them 10-7. I was 20 years old. The last time we had beaten them was 1956 (I was there too) which was the first time we had ever beaten them in Memorial Stadium in Austin. I was 9 years old and John David Crow would win the Heisman the following year (when Bear Bryant left for Bama). I can distinctly remember the sense of unreality when the final gun sounded in 1967 because the drought was the longest ever in the history of that rivalry. At some point all hope of ever winning again was gone, so it just felt very strange and unbelievable when it finally happened. Makes you look over your shoulder to see if an angel was taking you to heaven or something.?
Did you go to Texas A&M or are you just a lifetime fan? For some reason I thought you went there too, but then I know you were in Vietnam so now I'm confused.
-
In 1967 I was at the A&M - Texas game when we beat them 10-7. I was 20 years old. The last time we had beaten them was 1956 (I was there too) which was the first time we had ever beaten them in Memorial Stadium in Austin. I was 9 years old and John David Crow would win the Heisman the following year (when Bear Bryant left for Bama). I can distinctly remember the sense of unreality when the final gun sounded in 1967 because the drought was the longest ever in the history of that rivalry. At some point all hope of ever winning again was gone, so it just felt very strange and unbelievable when it finally happened. Makes you look over your shoulder to see if an angel was taking you to heaven or something.?
Did you go to Texas A&M or are you just a lifetime fan? For some reason I thought you went there too, but then I know you were in Vietnam so now I'm confused.
Did you go to Texas A&M or are you just a lifetime fan? For some reason I thought you went there too, but then I know you were in Vietnam so now I'm confused.
I graduated from A&M in 1969, was a member of the Corp of Cadets and received my commission in the US Army Infantry as a 2LT upon graduation. Went to Vietnam 1970-71 as a 1LT. So now you know why my Browns Board name is TexasAg1969.
-
Did you go to Texas A&M or are you just a lifetime fan? For some reason I thought you went there too, but then I know you were in Vietnam so now I'm confused.
I graduated from A&M in 1969, was a member of the Corp of Cadets and received my commission in the US Army Infantry as a 2LT upon graduation. Went to Vietnam 1970-71 as a 1LT. So now you know why my Browns Board name is TexasAg1969.
I graduated from A&M in 1969, was a member of the Corp of Cadets and received my commission in the US Army Infantry as a 2LT upon graduation. Went to Vietnam 1970-71 as a 1LT. So now you know why my Browns Board name is TexasAg1969.
But I thought a really intelligent poster on here proved you never served in Vietnam? ?
-
I graduated from A&M in 1969, was a member of the Corp of Cadets and received my commission in the US Army Infantry as a 2LT upon graduation. Went to Vietnam 1970-71 as a 1LT. So now you know why my Browns Board name is TexasAg1969.
But I thought a really intelligent poster on here proved you never served in Vietnam? ?
But I thought a really intelligent poster on here proved you never served in Vietnam? ?
Then he better turn me in to the VA for getting compensation for that "service time" there. Oh wait, I had to prove I was there to get that, so never mind.?
-
But I thought a really intelligent poster on here proved you never served in Vietnam? ?
Then he better turn me in to the VA for getting compensation for that "service time" there. Oh wait, I had to prove I was there to get that, so never mind.?
Then he better turn me in to the VA for getting compensation for that "service time" there. Oh wait, I had to prove I was there to get that, so never mind.?
FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS ALTERNATIVE FACTS! ?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login