What We Can Accomplish This Year
-
Remember that the experts didn't think Drew Brees had enough arm strength to play in the NFL. I haven't watched McKoy like I did Brees though. How does McCoy's size and arm strength compare to Brees?
For this year the playoffs are out of reach now, too many tough games left. I want to see constant improvement. I would also like to know what we have in the other rookies so we can evaluate draft needs better.
-
@jadbf said:
My problem is I'm not sold on any QB coming out is that Franchise QB. Bradford will now have health and arm strength questions. I think McCoy is another system QB, after that you see a lot of projects who MIGHT be good.I am a bit higher on McCoy than you. Not saying he's a can't miss, but that kid looks to have it all, except ideal height. There is still a lot of football to be played and the guys that might be legit should show themselves as the season goes on.
I am with you on Bradford though. Something about that guy just reeks of bust, but I can't put my finger quite on what it is. Of course I could be off my rocker
Masters said:
I am with you on Bradford though. Something about that guy just reeks of bust, but I can't put my finger quite on what it is.He may have Jason White Syndrome
-
What we can accomplish this year is to win 2 games, maybe 3.
The entire team needs to be fired, released, let go. We don't have a single player that could start for the Steelers or Ravens.
-
@shepwrite said:
If you think the Browns would be looking to replace DQJ, you're on massive amounts of crack. He's close to joining the elite and might make the Pro Bowl this year or next. He was REALLY good Sunday (14 tackles, a whopping 13 SOLO!!).Then again, we're the Browns. We'll probably let the Steelers or New England have him. "We know DQJ led the NFL in tackles last year and is currently tied for third... but we just think we can do better."
Yikes.
Tackles 5 yards into the secondary don't mean jack, jack. So he's way up there in tackles. Like besides Shawn Rodgers our D-line blows dead worms, so he should be way up there in tackles. Go look up his TFL and sacks, and get back to me. I've seen all the elite ILBs going all the way back to Butkus, and trust me Jackson sure as hell ain't one of them.
Ya DA Bears or Ravens would be really happy to trade Urlacher or Lewis to us straight up for Jackson right now. Uh, NOT.
Screw mediocrity.
-
@shepwrite said:
If you think the Browns would be looking to replace DQJ, you're on massive amounts of crack. He's close to joining the elite and might make the Pro Bowl this year or next. He was REALLY good Sunday (14 tackles, a whopping 13 SOLO!!).Then again, we're the Browns. We'll probably let the Steelers or New England have him. "We know DQJ led the NFL in tackles last year and is currently tied for third... but we just think we can do better."
Yikes.
Tackles 5 yards into the secondary don't mean jack, jack. So he's way up there in tackles. Like besides Shawn Rodgers our D-line blows dead worms, so he should be way up there in tackles. Go look up his TFL and sacks, and get back to me. I've seen all the elite ILBs going all the way back to Butkus, and trust me Jackson sure as hell ain't one of them.
Ya DA Bears or Ravens would be really happy to trade Urlacher or Lewis to us straight up for Jackson right now. Uh, NOT.
Screw mediocrity.
Tackles 5 yards into the secondary don't mean jack, jack. So he's way up there in tackles. Like besides Shawn Rodgers our D-line blows dead worms, so he should be way up there in tackles. Go look up his TFL and sacks, and get back to me. I've seen all the elite ILBs going all the way back to Butkus, and trust me Jackson sure as hell ain't one of them.
Ya DA Bears or Ravens would be really happy to trade Urlacher or Lewis to us straight up for Jackson right now. Uh, NOT.
Screw mediocrity.
I tend to agree.
Andra Davis took a lot of heat on this board and Jackson isn't playing all that better.
I don't know if it is because the line is weak as you note or if our backers aren't allowed or can't step up to the line to make a stop, but they do tend to wait for the action to come to them.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login