Skip to content

Brady Quinn, be careful what you ask for

The Browns Board
64 29 4.1k
  • @qbguru said:

    Are you really that stupid? Do you think any qb could get a win with the Browns? I bet not

    Either Manning, Brees, Rivers, Roth, Flacco, Ryan and Warner. There'd could make up for some deficiencies.

    @4flat said:

    Either Manning, Brees, Rivers, Roth, Flacco, Ryan and Warner. There'd could make up for some deficiencies.

    Wrong.

  • Where I was going with schedule is not to defend DA, I did that in many different ways, it was more what to expect out of the CURRENT QB. All I hear is that the Browns need a QB to not only beat the Below .500 teams but the good teams. All I hear is that a cup cake schedule is what did it in 2007 and that kind of schedule is a once in a lifetime event.

    Well not really, this seasons schedule is basically the same (slightly more difficult because the Ravens are better) as 2007. The Browns are coming off of a 4 - 12 season with new OL components, a new offense (Many say much better) and a QB that is 25ish that is in his first season of starting.

    What I am saying is that if BQ is the future I would like to see him at least beat the teams that were under .500 that are on the schedule this year. That projects out to 8 wins. If BQ is the "future" do you not think he should be able to beat the below .500 opponents? He has a better defense than in 2007. Should his play not rise above and make those around him better and at least defeat the below .500 teams?

    I am pretty sure that I have seen that demanded out of the Browns QB's in recent history and more. So, is it too much to ask for that the Browns defeat the under .500 opponents? I don't think so.

    And just for your info I am not one calling for DA to be the starter. I have maintained that BQ needsat least 8 to 10 games and probably the whole season regardless of how he plays. All I have said is that IF BQ does not perform up to what Browns fans all want then DA is good enough to be MR right now.

    I am not all over DAs dick, but you seem to have a fixation on dicks so maybe you might want to pull your BQ posters off your bedroom ceiling and actually try and understand what somebody is saying.

    Easy, cupcake schedule. The Browns have one, one as cupcake as 2007. Da is not the future to be sure, but if BQ can not win with this schedule then he is probably not even Mr right now (well accept maybe in your heart or pants).

  • @nebbrownsfan said:

    "3) Rogers was in the same offensive system.

    Quinn is running the same lame-ass offense we've been running since we drafted him."

    How can you say that BrownsFan17? Was Mangini/Daboll the coaches when Quinn was drafted? Were they the coaches last season when Quinn got his first starts? If the answer is NO to both of those questions, how can you even remotely say he is running the same offense that has been here since he was drafted?

    The FACT of the matter is, its a new offense for both Quinn and DA. The coaches selected Quinn, for now. If DA does get in, its also a new offense for him.

    I was just being sarcastic about the fact that the offense that we are running now is no better than the offense we've been running since Quinn was drafted....very vanilla.

    @brownsfan17 said:

    I was just being sarcastic about the fact that the offense that we are running now is no better than the offense we've been running since Quinn was drafted....very vanilla.

    Gotcha....sorry, missed it when I read the post. 😎

  • Based on what he did in NY, I bet Quinn gets at least through game 10....but of course, that'll be predicated on what actually happens on the field and in the meetings.

    @earl34 said:

    Based on what he did in NY, I bet Quinn gets at least through game 10....but of course, that'll be predicated on what actually happens on the field and in the meetings.

    or not.