Skip to content

Mangini Mistake -

The Browns Board
21 15 2.1k
  • @sony-reed said:

    These are the guys mangini wanted and as the article states things are as bad as a franchise can get, the draft and a few free agents won't fix this mess that mangin has created

    I say that lerner needs to admit he made a huge mistake with Mangini and get rid of this guy, I as a fan don't see things improving anytime soon, as you stated what free agent would want to come here unless he is greatly overpaid and it seems like not many players in the league would be thrilled about playing for Mangini, same with trying to get experienced coaches to come here.

    I believe the reason we are seeing Daboll is because this is a guy that Mangin can control and he has a fear of hiring a experienced offensive coordinator who knows what he's doing because Mangini might not be able to control him.

    There is some talent on this team, this team should be better than a expansion team, Mangini has destoyed this team in a effort to prove he is smarter than everyone, Mangini is making Ted Stepien look smart

    Daboll was just next in line...and Mangini wanted to keep rollin with his jets flow as much as possible...he really felt and may have been right that they were close...so why not bring as many people in that know what i do and how i do it?..kind of makes sense..the biggest issue is Bill Callahan fell through..i feel that s the biggest blow of the offseason...his OL smarts and experience would have this team much further along than it is with Daboll...he fell through Marty Jr was never available..so the next guy in line was daboll as he was the QB coach...and knew the system..

    I am happy with Ryan...I think he brings passion and scheme...although the talent level is low and its showing more know where he problem areas are than ever before...but having a rookie on th OC side is not a smart move IMO....

    when baltimore retooled last year they hired cam cameron...one of the best OCs in the game..but everyone was too busy laughing at his head coaching record to remeber where he fits best in a staff...look at baltimores offense the last 2 years with him...

    we need a STUD OC...not a newbie..not a first time play caller...one that knows the talent he needs to make his O go...

    @destinfunk said:

    Daboll was just next in line...and Mangini wanted to keep rollin with his jets flow as much as possible...he really felt and may have been right that they were close...so why not bring as many people in that know what i do and how i do it?..kind of makes sense..the biggest issue is Bill Callahan fell through..i feel that s the biggest blow of the offseason...his OL smarts and experience would have this team much further along than it is with Daboll...he fell through Marty Jr was never available..so the next guy in line was daboll as he was the QB coach...and knew the system..

    I am happy with Ryan...I think he brings passion and scheme...although the talent level is low and its showing more know where he problem areas are than ever before...but having a rookie on th OC side is not a smart move IMO....

    when baltimore retooled last year they hired cam cameron...one of the best OCs in the game..but everyone was too busy laughing at his head coaching record to remeber where he fits best in a staff...look at baltimores offense the last 2 years with him...

    we need a STUD OC...not a newbie..not a first time play caller...one that knows the talent he needs to make his O go...

    The thing I'm not clear on is how much Mangini is directing the offense. Is Daboll the problem or is it Mangini, or both? To what extent is the considerable lack of talent affecting the performance of the team? These are issues the owner needs to sort out and I hope Kosar and others can help Lerner get to the bottom of the situation.

    BTW, I like Ryan too and would keep him on. I want to see what he does as talent improves.