Skip to content

Oregonian Reporter has solution to help DA

The Browns Board
22 13 2.6k
  • @sez.ej said:

    this is a joke right?

    I don't think it is. I kind of LIKED seeing proof that passes touching a receiver's hands can be caught from DA. People are acting like whoever starts at QB for us have been blessed by Stallworth and Braylon this season. Well they haven't been folks! The Braylon that was still putting football first in 2007 CAUGHT DA's passes - so did alot of other receivers if we're being honest with ourselves here.

    HELLO!!! Are we watchign the same team? As soon as Braylon left - MoMass drew the #1 corner of the opponent and he hasn't played well since. As someone else reminded, Robiskie and his 4.6/4.7 forty times are working on seperation vrs opponents not named Indiana, Northwestern, Minnesota, Akron. Go back and get Robiskie's OFFICIAL 40 time at Indy to understand why corners are having fun with him at this time while he has little experience. I'm not convinced he's BETTER than Hass/Haas. MAYBE he'll become Brian Brennan but maybe he lacks Brennan's agility that creates as much seperation as speed does. We'll see. HOPE he does because GB's corners were smothering our WRs al day as it was pointed out by a former NFL Qb that knows a thing or 2 about NFL passing games.

    He was adored because he went to OSU so the first word was"he'll be more pro ready than alot of receivers comign into the draft." He's not at all. Is this where I'm supposed to default to Mangini sucks?

    Braylon and Stallworth jamming us - is the difference between coaching guys on scholarship and a DIVA holding his team salary cap hostage. That was an inherited plan from the previous Brass. In hopes for continuity, we all know the WR position takes time to master unless one is Torry Holt or Randy Moss but those are few and far between.

    To quote our Left Tackle in the huddle: "How about catchinmg the damn ball fellas!" I've been gagging on the Dennis Northcutt types here for far too long. Guess what I owe Brian Robiskie or MoMass? Ballsweat - until they fetch it and catch it!

    - Tom F.

    S Sez.EJ wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @flugel said:

    I don't think it is. I kind of LIKED seeing proof that passes touching a receiver's hands can be caught from DA. People are acting like whoever starts at QB for us have been blessed by Stallworth and Braylon this season. Well they haven't been folks! The Braylon that was still putting football first in 2007 CAUGHT DA's passes - so did alot of other receivers if we're being honest with ourselves here.

    HELLO!!! Are we watchign the same team? As soon as Braylon left - MoMass drew the #1 corner of the opponent and he hasn't played well since. As someone else reminded, Robiskie and his 4.6/4.7 forty times are working on seperation vrs opponents not named Indiana, Northwestern, Minnesota, Akron. Go back and get Robiskie's OFFICIAL 40 time at Indy to understand why corners are having fun with him at this time while he has little experience. I'm not convinced he's BETTER than Hass/Haas. MAYBE he'll become Brian Brennan but maybe he lacks Brennan's agility that creates as much seperation as speed does. We'll see. HOPE he does because GB's corners were smothering our WRs al day as it was pointed out by a former NFL Qb that knows a thing or 2 about NFL passing games.

    He was adored because he went to OSU so the first word was"he'll be more pro ready than alot of receivers comign into the draft." He's not at all. Is this where I'm supposed to default to Mangini sucks?

    Braylon and Stallworth jamming us - is the difference between coaching guys on scholarship and a DIVA holding his team salary cap hostage. That was an inherited plan from the previous Brass. In hopes for continuity, we all know the WR position takes time to master unless one is Torry Holt or Randy Moss but those are few and far between.

    To quote our Left Tackle in the huddle: "How about catchinmg the damn ball fellas!" I've been gagging on the Dennis Northcutt types here for far too long. Guess what I owe Brian Robiskie or MoMass? Ballsweat - until they fetch it and catch it!

    - Tom F.

    Ok..so it's not a joke..it should be.. we are supposed to sign the 6th to 8th string guy from Seattle.(if he's practice squad that is what it equates to since most teams keep 5-6 active receivers) ..... and I am supposed to take that seriously? WOW..

  • sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by sisky fringo
    #22

    i'm about it. look at how many times dude was hit in stride>>>something was clicking there.

    what do we have to lose, a little leg room on the bench next to Leggett?!?

    cost/benefit ratio fellas. nuff said.