Skip to content

I want to see someone in the media grow a pair with this one

The Browns Board
27 21 1.6k
  • Has anyone on here ever listened to Imus in the morning?

    I remember the summer before parcells won his 1 SB Imus was talking about how he was on the turnpike and got off to get a coffee and a pit stop, he witnessed Parcells, Belichick and some well known mob figures having a meeting right before the pre season was to begin.

    Take it for what its worth.

    B bonedawg wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @mr.-t said:

    Has anyone on here ever listened to Imus in the morning?

    I remember the summer before parcells won his 1 SB Imus was talking about how he was on the turnpike and got off to get a coffee and a pit stop, he witnessed Parcells, Belichick and some well known mob figures having a meeting right before the pre season was to begin.

    Take it for what its worth.

    Imus is a f'cking clown. I was driving on the turnpike and I saw Mangini, Obama, Elvis, and Jimmy Hoffa talking by a vending machine at a rest stop.

    As for the game last night, wow, Belichick's arrogant ass finally got handed to him. Giving Manning the ball inside the 30 if you don't get the first down? I understand that the Pats were pretty much imposing their will offensively during the game, but the consequences of NOT getting the 1st down were far too great to risk even trying. He'll take his lumps for this one as the media is already doing a collective WTF? Second best game of the year next to our thrilling 6-3 win over Buffalo.

  • @mr.-t said:

    Has anyone on here ever listened to Imus in the morning?

    I remember the summer before parcells won his 1 SB Imus was talking about how he was on the turnpike and got off to get a coffee and a pit stop, he witnessed Parcells, Belichick and some well known mob figures having a meeting right before the pre season was to begin.

    Take it for what its worth.

    I disagree. The Pats were 3 and a half point underdogs and would have covered the spread whether or not Indy scored. So I don't see him throwing the game here.

    C Chip Banks wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @mrfreeze said:

    I disagree. The Pats were 3 and a half point underdogs and would have covered the spread whether or not Indy scored. So I don't see him throwing the game here.

    Not to mention EVERY camera angle that I saw said that Faulk controlled the ball with his forward momentum past the yellow line. So, Brady, Faulk and the officials were in on this "fix" too?

  • I'm wondering out loud if anybody in the media will have the courage to give an honest assessment of what Bill Belichick just did to cost his team against Indy.

    First, the Patriots took TWO timeouts in three plays on offense, leaving them with no timeouts.

    Second, and perhaps most egregiously, he chooses to go for it on 4th and 2 from his own 28 with just over two minutes left, leading by six. They don't get it and the Colts easily punch it in four plays later. Colts win 35-34.

    Can you imagine what the anti-Mangini propaganda army would have done with that one? Since it's a wreck by Belichick, I can already hear the scribes lacing up their kid gloves.

    C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @nw-ohio-brownie said:

    I'm wondering out loud if anybody in the media will have the courage to give an honest assessment of what Bill Belichick just did to cost his team against Indy.

    quote]

    Parinoia striked deep.

    A little background for ya: Belichick has THREE Super Bowl rings.

    This decision was not good, especially given the results.

    But please, have the courage to understand that Mangini is no Belicheck - at least not yet.

  • @mrfreeze said:

    I disagree. The Pats were 3 and a half point underdogs and would have covered the spread whether or not Indy scored. So I don't see him throwing the game here.

    Not to mention EVERY camera angle that I saw said that Faulk controlled the ball with his forward momentum past the yellow line. So, Brady, Faulk and the officials were in on this "fix" too?

    J JoeSixPat wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @chip-banks said:

    Not to mention EVERY camera angle that I saw said that Faulk controlled the ball with his forward momentum past the yellow line. So, Brady, Faulk and the officials were in on this "fix" too?

    Funny - no one wanted to see them get the first down more than me... but I didn't think he made it... and didn't think there was any chance that call would have been overturned even if they had the opportunity to challenge.

    Since it's clear the D had no gas, I'm not sure how far I can second guess a coach with 3 SB rings ... he gambled to put the game away without putting it on the D at all.

    As mentioned, if Maroney doesn't fumble there's no need to make that call in the first place. There were also some bad calls from the officials that wound up being pretty critical... but there's ALWAYS bad calls from the officials... so that's no excuse... no team should leave themselves in a situation where a call of the official can decide the game anyway.

    Colts won. Colts deserved to win. Excellent football is good to watch. Bad football is painful. Period.

    Bad football in Cleveland is an affront to the football gods, and Lerner needs to make things right with this team, this city and football fans in general.

  • D dj_illness wrote on last edited by dj_illness
    #25

    first off, didn't Brady call one of those early Time Outs?

    i'm down with the conspiracy thing.

    When the Pats scored and i saw it was a 13 pt difference, i told my buddy right then that the Colts would win 35-34.

    that kind of took the excitement out of it for me.

  • D dj_illness wrote on last edited by dj_illness
    #26

    and i'm thinking the pats would have gotten the first down if their reciever wasn't bobbling the ball.

    ballsy call. I wouldn't have done it.

    you could tell Bellifrick was extremely pissed at the end of it.

  • S shipitkthx wrote on last edited by shipitkthx
    #27

    Going for it on 4th and 2 was the correct mathematical call and its actually not even close. The playcalling leading up to that decisions however, was suboptimal.

    http://www.advancednflstats.com/2009/11/be...n-vs-colts.html

    The talking heads (yes this includes Dungy) who are claiming he should have "went with the odds and punted" and have no xxxxing idea what the odds even are.

    99% of coaches don't have the balls to make a correct decision when it goes against "conventional wisdom."