Skip to content

Who should we draft?...

The Browns Board
24 15 2.2k
  • @cardiac-kid said:

    I would focus on this poor offense first. We continue to pass on playmakers early in the first round every year. We passed on Adrian Peterson in 07, because we thought Lewis still had some go left. We had Luke McCown and Jeff Garcia under center but passed on Big Ben for Kellen Winslow in 04'.

    While I would agree to go offense first, I don't agree on the reasoning here. We passed on AP because Joe Thomas is a stud and AP did have a history of injury. Hind sight is 20/20 on this one. And Kellen was a play maker, no one could foresee him getting hurt while doing endo's in parking lot. Other teams passed on Big Ben as well.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    While I would agree to go offense first, I don't agree on the reasoning here. We passed on AP because Joe Thomas is a stud and AP did have a history of injury. Hind sight is 20/20 on this one. And Kellen was a play maker, no one could foresee him getting hurt while doing endo's in parking lot. Other teams passed on Big Ben as well.

    True Thomas is a stud, however our O-line still reeks. Hind sight is 20/20 on that one yes, but this is my point risk it and go for the playmaker I think its about time.

    Kellen was a playmaker yes, had a great one season and was traded for drafts.... Ben has multiple championships.

    Think of this...

    1. We go AP instead of Thomas... our Oline would be shakey (as it currently is now), but would have a future hall of fame back in the backfield.

    2. We go Big Ben instead of K2... we would have a winner at QB to build around. Note: Ben has prooved he can get it done with a horrid O-line, there would be little difference here in Cle. Think about it.

  • eric berry. discussion over.

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    eric berry. discussion over.

    Read my mind... Dudes a Beast!...

    I dont think we should trade down this year, at least not too far. WE NEED A PLAYMAKER.... ala Eric berry

    I'll take any skills position player early though. I think thats where we screwed up last year. Alex Mack??... Im not saying hes bad, but 20th?.... Hank Fraley was doing a good job. I think we could have done a lot better... Rey Rey?, Clay Mathews?... How nice would that be right now!

    Whos gonna be in charge of our draft this year anyway.... ughh...we're such a mess.

  • To piggy back... think about our 08' draft class. Granted we traded a few pics away are ANY of these guys still on the roster with the exception of Hall? Almost the entire draft 2008 draft class is no longer with us. Think about that for a minute.

    Rnd 4 Beau Bell

    Rnd 4 Martin Rucker

    Rnd 6 Ahtyba Rubin

    Rnd 6 Paul Hubbard

    Rnd 7 Alex Hall

    @cardiac-kid said:

    To piggy back... think about our 08' draft class. Granted we traded a few pics away are ANY of these guys still on the roster with the exception of Hall? Almost the entire draft 2008 draft class is no longer with us. Think about that for a minute.

    Rnd 4 Beau Bell

    Rnd 4 Martin Rucker

    Rnd 6 Ahtyba Rubin

    Rnd 6 Paul Hubbard

    Rnd 7 Alex Hall

    While i get your point..and it is very valid lets not discount Rubin who has been very solid as backup NT

    if this team switched to a 4-3 i still beleive it would fall into place faster and better

    williams...rogers...maybe wimbleyr or even ::::gasp:::vekunie at end on some plays..

    mix this thing up lets see what the hell we have here.

  • CJ Spiller