Weis... how much does his endorsement really mean?
-
What's funny is Sev constantly claims the rest of us blame everything on the QB, but then turns around and throws expectations on Queen and isn't even willing to give him the 25 games DA had as a starter. Meanwhile, I never see him posting anywhere but in a DA/BQ thread.
As far as the Great Lumwadicus goes, it's to be expected by now how delusional one in love man from Oregon can be.
Should be time for ONB and the Gimp to chime in by now.
What's funny is Sev constantly claims the rest of us blame everything on the QB, but then turns around and throws expectations on Queen and isn't even willing to give him the 25 games DA had as a starter. Meanwhile, I never see him posting anywhere but in a DA/BQ thread.
As far as the Great Lumwadicus goes, it's to be expected by now how delusional one in love man from Oregon can be.
Should be time for ONB and the Gimp to chime in by now.
I put those tools on ignore; their inane posts were making my eyes bleed
-
Currently 5-4 and looking at another losing season with a cream puff schedule. Jimmy Clausen well SUCKS...
Between RAC and Weis both beneficiaries of being in proximity to Belicheck but neither really are producing nothing on thier own. I remember all of the talk of being pro ready and Weis said this and that about BQ. How much water does that really hold?
We will se what BQ can do over the next few games if he can lead us to WIN as a team considering it was supposably the QB position holding us back.
So if we lose 80% of our next 7 games what then?
Currently 5-4 and looking at another losing season with a cream puff schedule. Jimmy Clausen well SUCKS...
Between RAC and Weis both beneficiaries of being in proximity to Belicheck but neither really are producing nothing on thier own. I remember all of the talk of being pro ready and Weis said this and that about BQ. How much water does that really hold?
We will se what BQ can do over the next few games if he can lead us to WIN as a team considering it was supposably the QB position holding us back.
So if we lose 80% of our next 7 games what then?
First off, when your starting Qb has thrown 3 INTs for TDs to the Ratbird defense it clobbers your team's chances of winning. You can't stay stupid at Qb and expect to beat teams very consistently.
As for ND, I think the ESPN Mike & Mike show covered this topic extremely well. ND isn't getting the borderline students they ALLOWED Lou Holtz to bring in (ie; Tony Rice). They've put their foot down. And I don't care if you're BB - you do NOT win when you don't have a GREAT QB. Weis won when he had a Heisman Trophy candidate at QB, convenient or not to this discussion.
BB lost with Todd Philcox - just like he was losing MOST of the games Bledsoe sarted for him in NE. Clausen is a TRUE sophmore and he's either 2-1 or 3-1 vrs the Big 10 this year. They only lost to MSU and beat Michigan, Purdue and i think Northwestern. He's improving as is ND. When Weis had Brady Quinn as his QB he was winning an overwhelming majority of his games. Ironically, when BB had Tom Brady as his QB he won an overwhelming majority of his games. Coincidence?
If I look at college football's finest teams they all have very efficient QBs for their offenses:
Alabama - Didn't Parker-Wilson start all 4 years? What was their record last year? He's grown up my friends.
Florida - Rumor has it their QB gets a lot of respect across the country.
Texas Tech - If you haven't watched their passing game - make sure you do.
Texas - The kid is special.
Oklahoma - Their QB started as a freshman and they're an elite program.
USC - Sanchez likes to play a little game called "Simonsez Touchdown."
On the fringe: Georgia has a REALLY good soph QB that keeps them.
If you look at the biggest difference in LSU from 2007 to 2008 - it's the QB position. Same with Auburn IMO.
Years ago, you could win championships just by playing grerat defense and supplementing that with a sound running game. Not any more IMO. If you disagree, find me a national champion contender with a cruddy QB and we can discuss it a little further. I'm not saying they NEED to be pro prospects, I'm saying they're extremely efficient for their college offenses.
When Nick Saban coached at Michigan State - did they ever lose LESS than 4 games a year? Why else do you think he left the Big 10? The guy went somewhere he wasn't going to get everyone else's tablescraps. He went to a QB belt in the Southeast where legends like Favre, Manning, Bradshaw grew up and snagged some very good college QBs to head up his offenses. At MSU, he wasn't getting the Kerry Collins, Joe Germaines, Bobby Hoyings, Tom Bradys, Brian Grieses, Elvis Grbacs. When he realized he wasn't REALLY upgrading the program from George Perles - did he stay or spray?
Did LSU get worse when Saban left? It doesn't look like it. What happened was Perilloux should be wearing an ankle braclet instead of a football uniform and he got booted from the school as a result. They'll get another top recruit next year and the program will stay on auto-pilot. All this said, Saban deserves some degree of credit for putting LSU into the elite. Now it's incredibly easy to recruit there right?
Now Saban's in Alabama where they once enjoyed a proud tradition at QB and THIS season is exactly what that program needs to bridge the now to then. Now recruits will be competing for Alabama as opposed to Alabama competing for recruits.
- Tom F. (When Dumb Ass was our starting QB I had to put prozac in my pez dispenser)
-
Secondly, what records does DA hold for the Browns? Care to list them here?
He owns the record for TD passes in a game. He's 2nd for TDs in a season. 5th for yards in a season. And he's already in the Browns top 8 for career yards and TDs. He's also the only QB who hasn't posted a losing W/L record since the reincarnation of the Browns.
He's 2nd for TDs in a season. 5th for yards in a season. And he's already in the Browns top 8 for career yards and TDs. He's also the only QB who hasn't posted a losing W/L record since the reincarnation of the Browns.
LMAO! Hey idiot those aren't "records" those are rankings. Top 8? Are you seriously pimping that stat?
And what was his W-L record this season? 3-5? Talk about making a stand for mediocrity.......So his claim to fame is being a better QB than Dilfer, Couch, Frye, Wynn, McCown and Holcomb?
Go cut down a pine tree or something.
-
He'll have the same 25 games Derek Anderson had. Something tells me he'll use those 25 games a lot better than DA did. Count on it.
So he'll have more than 6,034 passing yards, more than 43 TD passes and a plane ticket to Honolulu by 25 games?
If he doesn't lose too many of these games coming up, he'll get a chance to try.
So he'll have more than 6,034 passing yards, more than 43 TD passes and a plane ticket to Honolulu by 29 games?
I fixed it for you.
He also had 34 INT's and avg'd under 50% completions while logging a 68.9% QB rating. 68.9% ? ? ? ? That is below suckage. That is looking up at severe suckage!
And who cares what his stats are? We don't care if he goes to HI. We want to buy OUR tickets to the Playoff Games. We don't travel to the Pro Bowl, we travel to the P L A Y O F F S !
You're pulling for one guy. How pathetic. We're pulling for the Browns. Big difference.
-
Quinn is the Browns starting QB moving forward; DA will be playing for another squad soon enought....get over it folks and let's move to a different topic
get over it folks and let's move to a different topic
It's a Brady Quinn thread. You expect DA not to be brought up?
-
So he'll have more than 6,034 passing yards, more than 43 TD passes and a plane ticket to Honolulu by 29 games?
I fixed it for you.
He also had 34 INT's and avg'd under 50% completions while logging a 68.9% QB rating. 68.9% ? ? ? ? That is below suckage. That is looking up at severe suckage!
And who cares what his stats are? We don't care if he goes to HI. We want to buy OUR tickets to the Playoff Games. We don't travel to the Pro Bowl, we travel to the P L A Y O F F S !
You're pulling for one guy. How pathetic. We're pulling for the Browns. Big difference.
I fixed it for you.
He also had 34 INT's and avg'd under 50% completions while logging a 68.9% QB rating. 68.9% ? ? ? ? That is below suckage. That is looking up at severe suckage!
And who cares what his stats are? We don't care if he goes to HI. We want to buy OUR tickets to the Playoff Games. We don't travel to the Pro Bowl, we travel to the P L A Y O F F S !
You're pulling for one guy. How pathetic. We're pulling for the Browns. Big difference.
Indeed; so why even engage that tool in debate?
-
I fixed it for you.
He also had 34 INT's and avg'd under 50% completions while logging a 68.9% QB rating. 68.9% ? ? ? ? That is below suckage. That is looking up at severe suckage!
And who cares what his stats are? We don't care if he goes to HI. We want to buy OUR tickets to the Playoff Games. We don't travel to the Pro Bowl, we travel to the P L A Y O F F S !
You're pulling for one guy. How pathetic. We're pulling for the Browns. Big difference.
Indeed; so why even engage that tool in debate?
Indeed; so why even engage that tool in debate?
I'm bored.
-
- Tom F. (When Dumb Ass was our starting QB I had to put prozac in my pez dispenser) --Flugs
There wasn't enough Prozac in the keg for me.
Apparently, DA looked good to a few people out there, even those not born and bred in the home of Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters.
Here's another little ditty dedicated to those special few that can't quite see through a QB with the 31st QB rating.
In lieu of the new James Bond soon to be released, here's:
FOR YOUR EYES ONLY by the piece of ass Sheena Easton
This is dedicated to Lums and his Merry Band of DAsters
For your eyes only, can see me through the night
For your eyes only, I never need to hide
You can see so much in me, so much in me that's new
I never felt until I looked at you
For your eyes only, only for you
You'll see what noone else can see, and now I'm breaking free
For your eyes only, only for you
The love I know you need in me, the fantasy you've freed in me
Only for you, only for you
For your eyes only, the nights are never cold
You really know me, that's all I need to know
Maybe I'm an open book because I know you're mine
But you won't need to read between the lines
For your eyes only, only for you
You see what no one else can see, and now I'm breaking free
For your eyes only, only for you
The passions that collide in me, the wild abandoned side of me
Only for you, for your eyes only
-
I fixed it for you.
He also had 34 INT's and avg'd under 50% completions while logging a 68.9% QB rating. 68.9% ? ? ? ? That is below suckage. That is looking up at severe suckage!
And who cares what his stats are? We don't care if he goes to HI. We want to buy OUR tickets to the Playoff Games. We don't travel to the Pro Bowl, we travel to the P L A Y O F F S !
You're pulling for one guy. How pathetic. We're pulling for the Browns. Big difference.
Indeed; so why even engage that tool in debate?
Indeed; so why even engage that tool in debate?
It's strategical, you keep it all in one thread. Hell, this bored has been so dead lately there's a bunch of threads not even being addressed.
-
I can see you point man; without question it has been dead here since the move...a sign of apathy for our Browns perhaps?
-
- Tom F. (When Dumb Ass was our starting QB I had to put prozac in my pez dispenser) --Flugs
There wasn't enough Prozac in the keg for me.
Apparently, DA looked good to a few people out there, even those not born and bred in the home of Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters.
Here's another little ditty dedicated to those special few that can't quite see through a QB with the 31st QB rating.
In lieu of the new James Bond soon to be released, here's:
FOR YOUR EYES ONLY by the piece of ass Sheena Easton
This is dedicated to Lums and his Merry Band of DAsters
For your eyes only, can see me through the night
For your eyes only, I never need to hide
You can see so much in me, so much in me that's new
I never felt until I looked at you
For your eyes only, only for you
You'll see what noone else can see, and now I'm breaking free
For your eyes only, only for you
The love I know you need in me, the fantasy you've freed in me
Only for you, only for you
For your eyes only, the nights are never cold
You really know me, that's all I need to know
Maybe I'm an open book because I know you're mine
But you won't need to read between the lines
For your eyes only, only for you
You see what no one else can see, and now I'm breaking free
For your eyes only, only for you
The passions that collide in me, the wild abandoned side of me
Only for you, for your eyes only
- Tom F. (When Dumb Ass was our starting QB I had to put prozac in my pez dispenser) --Flugs
There wasn't enough Prozac in the keg for me.
Apparently, DA looked good to a few people out there, even those not born and bred in the home of Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters.
Here's another little ditty dedicated to those special few that can't quite see through a QB with the 31st QB rating.
In lieu of the new James Bond soon to be released, here's:
FOR YOUR EYES ONLY by the piece of ass Sheena Easton
This is dedicated to Lums and his Merry Band of DAsters
For your eyes only, can see me through the night
For your eyes only, I never need to hide
You can see so much in me, so much in me that's new
I never felt until I looked at you
For your eyes only, only for you
You'll see what noone else can see, and now I'm breaking free
For your eyes only, only for you
The love I know you need in me, the fantasy you've freed in me
Only for you, only for you
For your eyes only, the nights are never cold
You really know me, that's all I need to know
Maybe I'm an open book because I know you're mine
But you won't need to read between the lines
For your eyes only, only for you
You see what no one else can see, and now I'm breaking free
For your eyes only, only for you
The passions that collide in me, the wild abandoned side of me
Only for you, for your eyes only
WOW....just WOW...dude that was funny
-
What is there really to talk about? We aren't going to the playoffs, we haven't played a game in like a month it seems, and we all seem to agree where the problems lie. I think Quinn can really put an end to the DA vs. Quinn bs around here Monday night if he plays as well as he played last game. We need help on defense and I think we need a new head coach. I also think we got spoiled last year with playoff talk this time of year and it sucks not having that this year.
-
Secondly, what records does DA hold for the Browns? Care to list them here?
He owns the record for TD passes in a game. He's 2nd for TDs in a season. 5th for yards in a season. And he's already in the Browns top 8 for career yards and TDs. He's also the only QB who hasn't posted a losing W/L record since the reincarnation of the Browns.
He owns the record for TD passes in a game. He's 2nd for TDs in a season. 5th for yards in a season. And he's already in the Browns top 8 for career yards and TDs. He's also the only QB who hasn't posted a losing W/L record since the reincarnation of the Browns.
Worth laughing about:
Now that Oregon State has upgraded their QB position from Dumb Ass to intelligence nobody in the Pac 10 is suddenly beating USC more frequently than the Beavers. The only person on this planet that I know of that wants to picket such a reality is Loverboy, the author formerly known as Lums. He shows up on many screens as the Invisible Man.
- Tom F. (About the gay record, we played a defense that could have been replaced by Stanford's starting 11. Shall we talk about the rematch where Dumb Ass threw 4 INTs and we had 5 different trips that went past the Cincy 29 without a single point? You're supposed to get better with every start not regress into "looks like a rookie QB")
-
He owns the record for TD passes in a game. He's 2nd for TDs in a season. 5th for yards in a season. And he's already in the Browns top 8 for career yards and TDs. He's also the only QB who hasn't posted a losing W/L record since the reincarnation of the Browns.
Worth laughing about:
Now that Oregon State has upgraded their QB position from Dumb Ass to intelligence nobody in the Pac 10 is suddenly beating USC more frequently than the Beavers. The only person on this planet that I know of that wants to picket such a reality is Loverboy, the author formerly known as Lums. He shows up on many screens as the Invisible Man.
- Tom F. (About the gay record, we played a defense that could have been replaced by Stanford's starting 11. Shall we talk about the rematch where Dumb Ass threw 4 INTs and we had 5 different trips that went past the Cincy 29 without a single point? You're supposed to get better with every start not regress into "looks like a rookie QB")
Worth laughing about:
Now that Oregon State has upgraded their QB position from Dumb Ass to intelligence nobody in the Pac 10 is suddenly beating USC more frequently than the Beavers. The only person on this planet that I know of that wants to picket such a reality is Loverboy, the author formerly known as Lums. He shows up on many screens as the Invisible Man.
- Tom F.
Is he really working for the weekend?
-
Worth laughing about:
Now that Oregon State has upgraded their QB position from Dumb Ass to intelligence nobody in the Pac 10 is suddenly beating USC more frequently than the Beavers. The only person on this planet that I know of that wants to picket such a reality is Loverboy, the author formerly known as Lums. He shows up on many screens as the Invisible Man.
- Tom F.
Is he really working for the weekend?
Is he really working for the weekend?
LOL!

I know - you almost forget DA got paid to play Santa Claus to the Ratbird Defense. They loved the 3 TD Passes he gift wrapped to their defense this year. When they replaced Kyle Boller at Qb with a smart kid it was like Grinch Who Stole Christmas. Well, we just replaced our Kyle Boller too and I couldn't be more excited about the potential for progress.
- Tom F. (I'm just pissed it took 8 weeks to discover our previous starting QB had the decision making skills of a raccoon crossing the highway at night. That blew a tunnel in our hopes but let's hope the collateral damage wasn't too extensive)
-
He's 2nd for TDs in a season. 5th for yards in a season. And he's already in the Browns top 8 for career yards and TDs. He's also the only QB who hasn't posted a losing W/L record since the reincarnation of the Browns.
LMAO! Hey idiot those aren't "records" those are rankings. Top 8? Are you seriously pimping that stat?
And what was his W-L record this season? 3-5? Talk about making a stand for mediocrity.......So his claim to fame is being a better QB than Dilfer, Couch, Frye, Wynn, McCown and Holcomb?
Go cut down a pine tree or something.
LMAO! Hey idiot those aren't "records" those are rankings.
Vegasdogg did you fall off the wagon again? As I correctly stated, Anderson's name is all over the "record book", and those numbers indeed came from the "Record Book". Stay away from the whiskey big guy, you can't handle your alcohol.
-
What is there really to talk about? We aren't going to the playoffs, we haven't played a game in like a month it seems, and we all seem to agree where the problems lie. I think Quinn can really put an end to the DA vs. Quinn bs around here Monday night if he plays as well as he played last game. We need help on defense and I think we need a new head coach. I also think we got spoiled last year with playoff talk this time of year and it sucks not having that this year.
I think Quinn can really put an end to the DA vs. Quinn bs around here Monday night if he plays as well as he played last game.
As we've seen over and over from Charlie Frye and now his twin bro Quinn, a 65% completion percentage doesn't win football games especially when the D is allowed to load up the box.
And on the flip side of your theory, what do you think happens if Quinn loses again?
-
Nothing happens if we lose on Monday. Quinn will get the same number of starts that your boyfriend got. I'm hoping that he puts an end to the discussion very soon so that your sorry ass will be gone from here and on to whatever team that Anderson ends up with next season.
-
I think Quinn can really put an end to the DA vs. Quinn bs around here Monday night if he plays as well as he played last game.
As we've seen over and over from Charlie Frye and now his twin bro Quinn, a 65% completion percentage doesn't win football games especially when the D is allowed to load up the box.
And on the flip side of your theory, what do you think happens if Quinn loses again?
As we've seen over and over from Charlie Frye and now his twin bro Quinn, a 65% completion percentage doesn't win football games especially when the D is allowed to load up the box.
And on the flip side of your theory, what do you think happens if Quinn loses again?
You keep bringing up a pro bowl QB? What did he do in the game with all those pro bowl players? Not a thing. He looked worse than a high school QB. What did he complete like 7-26 or something? Get over BQ is the started the rest of the year unless he gets hurt. I think your a little mad that BQ can throw the short passes and DA is to stupid to figure it out. How did that deep ball work for him? Not to good when you can't hit the blind side of a barn. What 1 out every 7 passes are on target. Not good my man. Everytime you post we all just shake are heads at how gay you are for DA.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login