Team building praised by Hall of famer
-
As much as people have started to see improvement and perhaps rethink their position on Mangini, does it not strike anyone as odd that after beating Pittsburgh (a huge game by any measure) that the owner simply texted the coach? I don't know Mr. Lerner but I would think that with such a big win, he'd want to at least congratulate these players (and coaches) for a great victory.
I text a fair amount but I don't find it to be a personable way to communicate. Simply, if one of my employees does a great job, face-to-face does far more to bond and inspire the employees that I am pleased with.
If he was in the locker room early on in the season when they were losing, it would make a far bigger impact (in my mind) if he could follow that up now that they've won a game they weren't supposed to. Perhaps I am reading too much into it.
As much as people have started to see improvement and perhaps rethink their position on Mangini, does it not strike anyone as odd that after beating Pittsburgh (a huge game by any measure) that the owner simply texted the coach? I don't know Mr. Lerner but I would think that with such a big win, he'd want to at least congratulate these players (and coaches) for a great victory.
I text a fair amount but I don't find it to be a personable way to communicate. Simply, if one of my employees does a great job, face-to-face does far more to bond and inspire the employees that I am pleased with.
If he was in the locker room early on in the season when they were losing, it would make a far bigger impact (in my mind) if he could follow that up now that they've won a game they weren't supposed to. Perhaps I am reading too much into it.
I think I read somewhere he was in attendance..The biggest win in 2 years he he doesn't go down and hand out some back slaps to players and coaches, at least the head coach..Thats would be a very odd thing to do..
Whats the read on that from the masses on this board?
-
this seems like a really good idea. i have to admit, i was never a mangini guy and wanted him to be fired for most of the season. however now i am starting to believe in his philosophy and i hope he sticks around for at least another season. go browns.
Thats a real man , be able to come on this board and say ..I might have mis judged, most people are incapable of this character trait..good for you
Think Grossi, Shaw, Cabot have this character trait..very doubtful
Thats a real man , be able to come on this board and say ..I might have mis judged, most people are incapable of this character trait..good for you
Think Grossi, Shaw, Cabot have this character trait..very doubtful
another +1- I wanted Mangini gone at the bye- but you know what? We're starting to see P-R-O-G-R-E-S-S. It's too bad it took until the second Bengals game to notice it.
Mangini beat the Steelers with a bunch of second teamers and practice squad players.
-
was jim browns really that good? he does not have a super bowl ring.
Neither does Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, or a couple dozen other HOFers.
Are you really that stupid? FYI, None of the the Steeler teams pre- 1966 have any NFL Championship rings either buccko, in fact they sucked big time.
Brown retired in 1965 @ 29 years old as the all time leading rusher with 12,000+ yards, and the next closest guy had 7,000. JB had nothing left to prove. If he had done a Jerry Rice or Bret Farve and played until he was 40 (Brown never missed a game) he'd still hold the all-time rushing record. And he probably would have picked up a SB ring or two in the process- the Browns came mighty close to beating the Packers for the chance to play in SB I- which incidentally wasn't even called the Super Bowl at the time- it was the NFL-AFL Championship game.
Oh, and Brown set the record in the years of 12 and 14 game seasons.
-
I think mangini has done plenty of things wrong ,slow or backwards but he is only human ,what i fear the most from mangenius is he is stubborn and may not learn from his mistakes or even acknowledge he made any mistakes ,while im neutral on mangini i dont have much confidence in the man or his plan..
Jim brown is just another lerner mouthpiece and i dont read into what he says much these days...its looking to me to like ruskell will be our gm and mangini will remain the coach..and i will have no high anticipations or hopes about the next few years ,winning 5 games in each year will be an amazing feat with that setup...
I think mangini has done plenty of things wrong ,slow or backwards but he is only human ,what i fear the most from mangenius is he is stubborn and may not learn from his mistakes or even acknowledge he made any mistakes ,while im neutral on mangini i dont have much confidence in the man or his plan..
Jim brown is just another lerner mouthpiece and i dont read into what he says much these days...its looking to me to like ruskell will be our gm and mangini will remain the coach..and i will have no high anticipations or hopes about the next few years ,winning 5 games in each year will be an amazing feat with that setup...
Neutral on Mangini? Did you really just say that?

-
??????????????????????????????
Your original post mentioned a national media source speculating that Lerner tends to be easily influenced by former Browns players who know nothing about football (Jim Brown, Bernie Kosar, I suspect they had in mind). I assumed that you agree with that theory, which I do not. I named Dilfer or Esiason most likely being that source, as they tend to turn any Cleveland topic into a negative. Really, I have no idea who you were talking about. My response was completely sarcastic, as if to say "what the fu** qualifies the source to have more insight into the Browns' situation than Jim Brown or Bernie Kosar?" Got it Chickpee?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login