If Holmgren takes over Cleveland Browns, Mangini is likely out
-
I'm a Mangini backer but even I won't go out on a limb to say that Holmgren HAS to keep him or HAS to get rid of him. Mike Holmgren would be foolish to get rid of him if there was real progress because that would just be an ego thing. That said, new GMs and "czars" will want their own guy more often than not. All I would ask of Mike Holmgren would be that if he's going to get rid of Eric Mangini, he's going to have to replace him with someone better than his old assistant, Morninwheg and Jauron who were speculated on.
I don't believe that Mike Holmgren is a dummy. If Eric Mangini is really making progress here, I don't think he's gone. I'd like to think that Holmgren could see the merit in working with him. That's what happened on the defensive side of the football with LeBeau and Tomlin in Pittsburgh. I think it would be positive especially since the expertise of each is on opposite sides of the ball. They may not share the same philosophy when it comes to detail but they both care about the ultimate detail and that's winning.
I think a Holmgren-Mangini tandem would be very intriguing assuming both can keep up their end of the bargain.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login