Draft Day
-
I would not at all be opposed to trading down.
Although there is a name in the top 5 that I would like if we cannot get Suh, and that is McCoy (the DE from Oklahoma State I think, not Colt.)
I do like Gerald McCoy a lot. He's from Oklahoma, though, not State. He would be a good addition, I'm just worried about going DE with the 5th-ish pick, when we could trade back and pick up a Carlos Dunlap, Jason Pierre-Paul or a Ricky Sapp later in the first round, if not the second. But if we went with McCoy, I would not be pissed.
Personally, I think if we're going to pick in the top 5, we should get Russell Okung, the OT from Ok. St. He's been compared to D'Brickashaw Ferguson, which bothers me, but he's an amazing tackle. And that's exactly what we need, a RT.
I do like Gerald McCoy a lot. He's from Oklahoma, though, not State. He would be a good addition, I'm just worried about going DE with the 5th-ish pick, when we could trade back and pick up a Carlos Dunlap, Jason Pierre-Paul or a Ricky Sapp later in the first round, if not the second. But if we went with McCoy, I would not be pissed.
Personally, I think if we're going to pick in the top 5, we should get Russell Okung, the OT from Ok. St. He's been compared to D'Brickashaw Ferguson, which bothers me, but he's an amazing tackle. And that's exactly what we need, a RT.
Glad to hear someone else mention O-line. We need a bookend for Thomas.
IMO a top RT would be the best pick we could make. It would impact all phases of the offense...and based on where we are likely to be slotted, it would fit right in with BPA.
When BPA and needs match, it becomes a no brainer.
-
Hey Stan, you seem to do fairly well at guessing which QB's will be good in the NFL, and which will suck. What do you think of Bradford or Clausen? Worth taking a flyer on , or do you think we wait till Round 3 and pick up that guy from Houston?
We wait till round three and pick up that guy from Cincinnati. With all our defensive needs, I can't see us drafting a qb high.
No way in hell the Browns draft Clausen- and Bradford will go high, way high.
We wait till round three and pick up that guy from Cincinnati. With all our defensive needs, I can't see us drafting a qb high.
No way in hell the Browns draft Clausen- and Bradford will go high, way high.
I think Bradford's injuries will scare some teams away. He could fall a bit, maybe to rd 2 IMO
-
Worst O-linemen we have played in a while.
I don't know what we were thinking when we released Kevin Shaffer. I know he's not a stellar RT, but he's definitely a lot better than St. Clair. There's a reason St. Clair has bounced around so much after being drafted in the third round. He's a bust.
I don't know what we were thinking when we released Kevin Shaffer. I know he's not a stellar RT, but he's definitely a lot better than St. Clair. There's a reason St. Clair has bounced around so much after being drafted in the third round. He's a bust.
Shaffer got paid way too much for his spot, so he was released. It made sense, but i would have liked to have a better replacement than St. Clair who Bears fans cried about forever for the exact same reasons we've seen this year.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login