It just feels different
-
I usually go to my grandparents house to watch the games with them like I have since I was a little kid in the Kosar days and I told them before the first game this year that I think were going to lose this season but in the next 2 season's were going to turn into serious contenders. I hope im right lol.
-
yikes! people are getting ahead of themselves here, in my opinion. I wouldn't expect anything more than between 7-9 and 9-7.
The team still has some pretty big problems.
yikes! people are getting ahead of themselves here, in my opinion. I wouldn't expect anything more than between 7-9 and 9-7.
The team still has some pretty big problems.
Yes, we may still have some problems, but I still think we can put a fix on the defense in the upcoming draft. Our schedule isn't necessarily easy, but if you look closely at our away games, you'll find that after the Saints, the other tougheies are against our division rivals-
Home schedule: Pit, Cin, Balt, Atl, Car, NE, NY Jets, KC,
Away Schedule: Pit, Cin, Balt, NO, TBay, Miami, Buf, Jax
Can we go 4-4 on the road? I think so. Can we win 6 or 7 home games? I think so....looks like 10-6 to me

-
yikes! people are getting ahead of themselves here, in my opinion. I wouldn't expect anything more than between 7-9 and 9-7.
The team still has some pretty big problems.
Yes, we may still have some problems, but I still think we can put a fix on the defense in the upcoming draft. Our schedule isn't necessarily easy, but if you look closely at our away games, you'll find that after the Saints, the other tougheies are against our division rivals-
Home schedule: Pit, Cin, Balt, Atl, Car, NE, NY Jets, KC,
Away Schedule: Pit, Cin, Balt, NO, TBay, Miami, Buf, Jax
Can we go 4-4 on the road? I think so. Can we win 6 or 7 home games? I think so....looks like 10-6 to me

Yes, we may still have some problems, but I still think we can put a fix on the defense in the upcoming draft. Our schedule isn't necessarily easy, but if you look closely at our away games, you'll find that after the Saints, the other tougheies are against our division rivals-
Home schedule: Pit, Cin, Balt, Atl, Car, NE, NY Jets, KC,
Away Schedule: Pit, Cin, Balt, NO, TBay, Miami, Buf, Jax
Can we go 4-4 on the road? I think so. Can we win 6 or 7 home games? I think so....looks like 10-6 to me

That would be highly unlikely, but not impossible. I say we finish .500, or one game under.
-
Deyballs did really well toward the end of the year, I don't understand how people didn't see this. Wipe out the first ten games or so, he wasn't playing with a full deck, especially with old man Lewis clogging up the running game.
Deyballs did really well toward the end of the year, I don't understand how people didn't see this. Wipe out the first ten games or so, he wasn't playing with a full deck, especially with old man Lewis clogging up the running game.
Yes, the running game was clearly better, and it was a key reason we won the last 4 games. However, our passing game is full of huge holes. Little things like QB, WR, TE and RT.
- While DA or BQ may never be superstars, they can't both be that bad.
- How many times did you see our QBs and WRs not make the same read on a play? There are issues with the offensive scheme, coaching staff, or both. (Or maybe we just have unusually stupid players who are unable to do what's asked of them.)
- Massaquoi and Stuckey are not physical enough to be viable #1 WRs.
- Evan Moore is an interesting TE, but the jury is still out on him.
- St. Clair was a liability.
-
If we go 8-8 and .500 in the division I would consider that a big step in the right direction. Anything better would be gravy to me
-
I feel real confident too. I have ALWAYS felt Lerner would be a great boss who was "hands off", BUT he needed a football guy to run the football operation. I am very confident in these recent moves. Add into all this that Holmgren is somewhat of a "quarterback guru" & I am now confident that the QB position will be headed in the right direction, whether it is with the incumbent(s) or a new face. I like Mangini's type of player, which translates to a TEAM atmosphere. Holmgren said it best when he stated that if management & coaching staff aren't on the same page, you CAN'T win. I really don't think he would have retained Mangini had they differed in philosophy.
Mike
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login