Skip to content

Camp Trade Josh Cribbs

The Browns Board
48 28 3.4k
  • I like the fan support that Cribbs is receivng , but whats with the untradeable obsession ?

    Teams are generally built around solid regular pieces - QB's , RB's, Linesmen, WR's but since was a team built around a kick return specialist ?

    The Browns offer to Cribbs was reasonable considering the fact that Cribbs:

    >> Was not so effective in WR's and was not a frequent RB

    >> The wild cat plays did not always meet with success

    >> He still has 3 years left in his contract

    It makes more sense if his contract was getting closer to its end date, but renew so early ?

    If an apple that costs 50 cents is really tasty, the shopkeeper might sell it for a dollar, but if he charges 5 dollars would you be buying it ?

  • @ballpeen said:

    Again, I don't want him to go, but the chances are pretty good he will.

    Cribbs, Williams, and a 4th rounder might get Kolb out of Philly.

    Bet you a beer he stays.

    Plus, Philly ain't trading the QB of tomorrow for a return guy.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Bet you a beer he stays.

    Plus, Philly ain't trading the QB of tomorrow for a return guy.

    WSS

    Sure, why not....I would probably buy you a beer anyway, so we will make it two.

    If it is at a tailgate, give me the heads up as I usually don't bring much beer....more a liquor drinker myself, so if that is a suitable substitute , I'll pour you a few drinks of whatever it is I am making that day.

  • I like that Lawson kid so I wouldnt mind the idea of trading cribbs...if the price was right, very, very right. If we could package Cribbs, someone else and a pick to Philly for KK I'd be down. A franchise QB is much more important than someone in Cribb's role. Just my opinion.

  • bird in the hand is worth two in the bush>>screw the draft pick lottery theory. why gamble and create a hole in the team when you have the NFL all pro doing it for you? ...maybe best all time.

    but i'd listen to anything. 😎

  • @westside-steve said:

    Bet you a beer he stays.

    Plus, Philly ain't trading the QB of tomorrow for a return guy.

    WSS

    Sure, why not....I would probably buy you a beer anyway, so we will make it two.

    If it is at a tailgate, give me the heads up as I usually don't bring much beer....more a liquor drinker myself, so if that is a suitable substitute , I'll pour you a few drinks of whatever it is I am making that day.

    @ballpeen said:

    Sure, why not....I would probably buy you a beer anyway, so we will make it two.

    If it is at a tailgate, give me the heads up as I usually don't bring much beer....more a liquor drinker myself, so if that is a suitable substitute , I'll pour you a few drinks of whatever it is I am making that day.

    Here's an idea.

    Lets just go get shithammered somewhere no matter what he does!!

    You in SC?

    Any micro brews down there?

    There's a Flying Saucers in Charlston....

    😁

    WSS

  • @ballpeen said:

    Sure, why not....I would probably buy you a beer anyway, so we will make it two.

    If it is at a tailgate, give me the heads up as I usually don't bring much beer....more a liquor drinker myself, so if that is a suitable substitute , I'll pour you a few drinks of whatever it is I am making that day.

    Here's an idea.

    Lets just go get shithammered somewhere no matter what he does!!

    You in SC?

    Any micro brews down there?

    There's a Flying Saucers in Charlston....

    😁

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Here's an idea.

    Lets just go get shithammered somewhere no matter what he does!!

    You in SC?

    Any micro brews down there?

    😁

    WSS

    No, Tennessee. and yes, Big River Brewery started here and they have a few fine selections.

    Pat and I are seriously planning a night at Put-in-Bay this summer...I'll catch you there...assuming you are still leading the Lake Erie Booze Patrol....we want to do that and hit a little restaurant in Vermillion...Chez Francois...it looked like it could be a pretty good spot. We just kind of stumbled upon it looking around when we made a day trip to the Island this past Oct. for the wine festival.

    I've been known to get shithammered, though it takes a while. Practice builds up endurance...I think you know something about that. 😉

  • cribbs won 2 games this year by himself and you guys want to trade him for a brian robiskie

  • hell, i wouldn't mind seein rogers on the block as well....