Skip to content

Yahoo Sports Mock Draft

The Browns Board
21 12 1.5k
  • @mark-o said:

    I asked this in another thread...but what have you seen from Vick (other than he will come cheap) that makes you think he's even better than the 2 quarterbacks that we have on the roster now?

    I really just don't see him being anything close to the answer. I didn't think he was that good before his time in jail and from what I saw, the jail time didn't make him any better at QB.

    I agree, he didn't play much, nor do I think he is the "answer". I think he is the bridge we need until we finally figure out who is going to be the answer...some college player I suspect.

    I guess it just boils down to if you like a qb with Vicks style or not...

    I have never thought he was horrible at throwing the ball....I know he made a nice throw in the game leading to the eagle playoff.

    At any rate, I would take him over Quinn in a heartbeat. I think he would give us a better opportunity to win.

    On his career, he is a 54% passer....not so great, but most of those years were in Atl where winging the ball was their stock in trade...they weren't know for their underneath passing game...they looked to stretch the field....his rating is rather pedestrian at 75-76....but again, much is set by how one is used.

    06 was his last full year where his numbers were 53% and 76....20 tds, 13 picks....don't have rushing figures.

    I just think the guy, as he is a bit older now is poised to put up some fairly decent numbers.

    Remember, I am not talking about the guy as if he is the future. Jimmy Clawsen or someone else may be the future. If you want to go with the rook this year, so be it...I would rather bring in a bridge....I just know the bridge isn't Quinn....Anderson would be a better bridge, but we aren't keeping him unless he just gives up a bunch of cash, and I doubt that will happen.

    The final point in all of this is I am not even pushing so much for Vick. People started mentioning

    names like Kolb and McNabb.....well, I just don't see that as a possibility....unless we feel Kolb is a guy we want and are willing to send Philly a 1st rounder or more. They aren't just going to just give their future away. Losing Heckert hasn't all of a sudden rendered them dumb over there.

    You guys want a qb....then who?? If you want to start naming people, at least start affixing the correct value you will need to get them.

    Shoot, maybe we could get Peyton Manning for a 5th rounder...that makes for good discussion. Too bad we would need to talk about Joe Thomas, Josh Cribbs and maybe our next 6 first rounders.

    @ballpeen said:

    I agree, he didn't play much, nor do I think he is the "answer". I think he is the bridge we need until we finally figure out who is going to be the answer...some college player I suspect.

    I guess it just boils down to if you like a qb with Vicks style or not...

    I have never thought he was horrible at throwing the ball....I know he made a nice throw in the game leading to the eagle playoff.

    At any rate, I would take him over Quinn in a heartbeat. I think he would give us a better opportunity to win.

    On his career, he is a 54% passer....not so great, but most of those years were in Atl where winging the ball was their stock in trade...they weren't know for their underneath passing game...they looked to stretch the field....his rating is rather pedestrian at 75-76....but again, much is set by how one is used.

    06 was his last full year where his numbers were 53% and 76....20 tds, 13 picks....don't have rushing figures.

    I just think the guy, as he is a bit older now is poised to put up some fairly decent numbers.

    Remember, I am not talking about the guy as if he is the future. Jimmy Clawsen or someone else may be the future. If you want to go with the rook this year, so be it...I would rather bring in a bridge....I just know the bridge isn't Quinn....Anderson would be a better bridge, but we aren't keeping him unless he just gives up a bunch of cash, and I doubt that will happen.

    The final point in all of this is I am not even pushing so much for Vick. People started mentioning

    names like Kolb and McNabb.....well, I just don't see that as a possibility....unless we feel Kolb is a guy we want and are willing to send Philly a 1st rounder or more. They aren't just going to just give their future away. Losing Heckert hasn't all of a sudden rendered them dumb over there.

    You guys want a qb....then who?? If you want to start naming people, at least start affixing the correct value you will need to get them.

    Shoot, maybe we could get Peyton Manning for a 5th rounder...that makes for good discussion. Too bad we would need to talk about Joe Thomas, Josh Cribbs and maybe our next 6 first rounders.

    i agree we need a QB to bridge to whomever the QB of the future might be. I also think that Kolb is a great choice...but the Eagles aren't going to give him up. I think McNabb could be had from Philly and not cost us a lot.

    I'm not as convinced as you that Quinn can't play at this level...I think he could be ok if we're going to run the ball and play conservative on offense. Anderson it seems could do the same thing but I agree with you that he would have restructure that ridiculous contract if he wants to stay here.

    I'd just stay away from a QB in round 1.