Skip to content

ProBowl

The Browns Board
22 13 2.0k
  • If Tebow has a good week at the Senior Bowl, maybe he will be named to a pro-bowl squad. 😉

  • Sivlerback DPOY said:

    Vince Young is going to the Pro Bowl as the #3 qb behind Matt Schuab.(He will move to #2 if Colts beat the Jets)

    These are now apparently considered Pro Bowl caliber stats:

    Tds: 10

    Ints: 7

    Comp. %: 58

    Passer rating: 82 (his career best)

    Passing yards: 1,879 (27th in league) - (156.6 yards a game)

    Yards/attempt: 7.3

    His career passing rating is 72.3. That ties him at 124th all-time with Bubby Brister.

    The only reason I get POed at the Pro Bowl is stuff like this- not at the concept- it's the guys begging off because of phantom injuries. Brady- hey Steeler fan, what kind of owie is Ben suffering from, bruised ego? You can bet the farm if it was the SB on the line they both would be plenty healthy enough to play. I did a little searching and came up empty on this- did Dan Marino ever play in a Pro Bowl? Not sure, but I doubt it- one of the reasons I have no respect for the guy.

    @hoorta said:

    The only reason I get POed at the Pro Bowl is stuff like this- not at the concept- it's the guys begging off because of phantom injuries. Brady- hey Steeler fan, what kind of owie is Ben suffering from, bruised ego? You can bet the farm if it was the SB on the line they both would be plenty healthy enough to play. I did a little searching and came up empty on this- did Dan Marino ever play in a Pro Bowl? Not sure, but I doubt it- one of the reasons I have no respect for the guy.

    Dan Marino

    Marino preparing for an ESPN interview.

    No. 13

    Quarterback

    Personal information

    Date of birth: September 15, 1961 (1961-09-15) (age 48)

    Place of birth: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

    High School: Central Catholic High School

    Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) Weight: 228 lb (103 kg)

    Career information

    College: Pittsburgh

    NFL Draft: 1983 / Round: 1 / Pick: 27

    Debuted in 1983 for the Miami Dolphins

    Last played in 1999 for the Miami Dolphins

    Career history

    As player:

    Miami Dolphins (1983-1999)

    Career highlights and awards

    9× Pro Bowl selection (1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1991, 1992, 1994, 1995)

    3× First-team All-Pro selection (1984, 1985, 1986)

    5× Second-team All-Pro selection (1983, 1988, 1992, 1994, 1995)

    National College QB of the year runner up (1981)

    NFL MVP (1984)

    PFWA MVP (1984)

    NEA MVP (1984)

    NFL Offensive Player of the Year (1984)

    UPI AFL-AFC Player of the Year (1984)

    UPI AFL-AFC Player of the Year (1994)

    Walter Payton Man of the Year (1998)

    NFL Comeback Player of the Year (1994)

    Miami Dolphins #13 Retired

    Holds 31 Miami Dolphins records

    Holds Numerous NFL records

    Career