Skip to content

Super Bowl (mostly) trivia

The Browns Board
28 4 2.6k
  • Yosemite also got 7 completely correct answers.

  • Yosemite also got 7 completely correct answers.

    @the-gipper said:

    Yosemite also got 7 completely correct answers.

    i think you have lost your marbles, request you grade my quiz again

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yosemite also got 7 completely correct answers.

    i think you have lost your marbles, request you grade my quiz again

    @yosemitejam said:

    i think you have lost your marbles, request you grade my quiz again

    Why? Did you get a better grade that you possibly thought you could?

  • Zombo said:

    If I replace "Indiana" with "Louisianna" that should give me eight right.

    How could I forget about New Orleans? Indy was just a guess, and a wrong one, but I'm surprised they didn't go there since they went to Detroit and Minnesota. I hope they don't though, cause I don't like the Super Bowl in domes OR Northern cities.

    They should just rotate it between Miami, Tampa, New Orleans, Phoenix and San Diego. Those are Super Bowl cities.

    Zombo

    I dunno, how many times should I give a person for "makeup" answers? Alex Trebek is merciless with his buzzer, should I be?

  • @yosemitejam said:

    i think you have lost your marbles, request you grade my quiz again

    Why? Did you get a better grade that you possibly thought you could?

    @the-gipper said:

    Why? Did you get a better grade that you possibly thought you could?

    i aced the damn thing and i wish to be properly recognized soooo be a good professor and regrade it or i will file a complaint with admin

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yosemite also got 7 completely correct answers.

    i think you have lost your marbles, request you grade my quiz again

    @yosemitejam said:

    i think you have lost your marbles, request you grade my quiz again

    I have rechecked. Your score still sits at 7.

  • @yosemitejam said:

    i think you have lost your marbles, request you grade my quiz again

    I have rechecked. Your score still sits at 7.

    @the-gipper said:

    I have rechecked. Your score still sits at 7.

    alright, whatever....i'll just wait until you post the "correct" answers....ain't no way in hell i only got 7 correct...this is an outrage

  • Yosemite, I will only give you this insight to one of your errors: Q#1 asks which franchises have never won a title of any kind. FYI, the Cardinals have won a couple of NFL titles in Chicago, and the Titans, as the Oilers in Houston won 2 AFL titles.

  • Actually, upon further review I must take a point away from Zombo. I misread one of his answers that was wrong that I gave him credit for. Sorry about that Chief. (#1, you included the Titans)

  • Yosemite, I will only give you this insight to one of your errors: Q#1 asks which franchises have never won a title of any kind. FYI, the Cardinals have won a couple of NFL titles in Chicago, and the Titans, as the Oilers in Houston won 2 AFL titles.

    @the-gipper said:

    Yosemite, I will only give you this insight to one of your errors: Q#1 asks which franchises have never won a title of any kind. FYI, the Cardinals have won a couple of NFL titles in Chicago, and the Titans, as the Oilers in Houston won 2 AFL titles.

    I am NOT incorrect in stating that the TENNESSEETitans and the ARIZONACardinals have never won a title of any kind. Your interpretation of franchise was not fully explained in the original question. Henceforth, i demand that i be given for credit for a correct answer. Don't tread on Yosemite.

    Can't wait until you reveal the other correct answers.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I have rechecked. Your score still sits at 7.

    alright, whatever....i'll just wait until you post the "correct" answers....ain't no way in hell i only got 7 correct...this is an outrage

    @yosemitejam said:

    alright, whatever....i'll just wait until you post the "correct" answers....ain't no way in hell i only got 7 correct...this is an outrage

    What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

  • @yosemitejam said:

    alright, whatever....i'll just wait until you post the "correct" answers....ain't no way in hell i only got 7 correct...this is an outrage

    What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

    What would a half wit who "LISTENS" to a written post know about rational thinking?? Take another hit and try it again fuzz nutz.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yosemite, I will only give you this insight to one of your errors: Q#1 asks which franchises have never won a title of any kind. FYI, the Cardinals have won a couple of NFL titles in Chicago, and the Titans, as the Oilers in Houston won 2 AFL titles.

    I am NOT incorrect in stating that the TENNESSEETitans and the ARIZONACardinals have never won a title of any kind. Your interpretation of franchise was not fully explained in the original question. Henceforth, i demand that i be given for credit for a correct answer. Don't tread on Yosemite.

    Can't wait until you reveal the other correct answers.

    @yosemitejam said:

    I am NOT incorrect in stating that the TENNESSEETitans and the ARIZONACardinals have never won a title of any kind. Your interpretation of franchise was not fully explained in the original question. Henceforth, i demand that i be given for credit for a correct answer. Don't tread on Yosemite.

    Can't wait until you reveal the other correct answers.

    I'm sure Gipper's interpretation of franchise is the same interpretation that the NFL uses. The one that clearly states the Arizona Cardinals' franchise history back to 1920, and the Tennessee Titans' franchise history back to 1960.

    Don't believe me? Read 'em and weep:

    http://www.nflteamhistory.com/nfl_teams/ar...se_history.html

    http://www.nflteamhistory.com/nfl_teams/te...se_history.html

    And boom goes the dynamite. You mess with the bull, you get the horns.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

    What would a half wit who "LISTENS" to a written post know about rational thinking?? Take another hit and try it again fuzz nutz.

    @yosemitejam said:

    What would a half wit who "LISTENS" to a written post know about rational thinking?? Take another hit and try it again fuzz nutz.

    I was actually just quoting Billy Madison because I'm currently watching it, and I thought that quote fit the parameters of the situation quite perfectly.

    After you remove your head from your ass, you should probably check that movie out. It's pretty good.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yosemite, I will only give you this insight to one of your errors: Q#1 asks which franchises have never won a title of any kind. FYI, the Cardinals have won a couple of NFL titles in Chicago, and the Titans, as the Oilers in Houston won 2 AFL titles.

    I am NOT incorrect in stating that the TENNESSEETitans and the ARIZONACardinals have never won a title of any kind. Your interpretation of franchise was not fully explained in the original question. Henceforth, i demand that i be given for credit for a correct answer. Don't tread on Yosemite.

    Can't wait until you reveal the other correct answers.

    @yosemitejam said:

    I am NOT incorrect in stating that the TENNESSEETitans and the ARIZONACardinals have never won a title of any kind. Your interpretation of franchise was not fully explained in the original question. Henceforth, i demand that i be given for credit for a correct answer. Don't tread on Yosemite.

    Can't wait until you reveal the other correct answers.

    I know that sometimes these franchises play musical chairs and that is why I keep a compilation of championships won '"by city". Nevertheless, the NFL considers the Cardinals going from Chicago to St. Louis to Phoenix to Arizona to be one succesive franchise. Same for the Colts going from B-more to Indy. Same for the Tits going from Houston to Memphis to Nashville (remember, they played a year or 2 in Memphis). The Rams can galavant from Cleveland to LA to St. Louis.

    That is the meritorious thing about the retention of the Browns franchise here when Modell tried to move them. He was ultimately told he could move, but the franchise stays. That worked out fine ultimately. Baltimore should have had its own franchise with its own identity all things considered (even if they were sneaking, lying, cheating, stealing bastards).

    Given that explanation, your request/demand, is denied. If you don't stop bellyaching I will call in Bugs Bunny to frustrate you.

  • @yosemitejam said:

    I am NOT incorrect in stating that the TENNESSEETitans and the ARIZONACardinals have never won a title of any kind. Your interpretation of franchise was not fully explained in the original question. Henceforth, i demand that i be given for credit for a correct answer. Don't tread on Yosemite.

    Can't wait until you reveal the other correct answers.

    I know that sometimes these franchises play musical chairs and that is why I keep a compilation of championships won '"by city". Nevertheless, the NFL considers the Cardinals going from Chicago to St. Louis to Phoenix to Arizona to be one succesive franchise. Same for the Colts going from B-more to Indy. Same for the Tits going from Houston to Memphis to Nashville (remember, they played a year or 2 in Memphis). The Rams can galavant from Cleveland to LA to St. Louis.

    That is the meritorious thing about the retention of the Browns franchise here when Modell tried to move them. He was ultimately told he could move, but the franchise stays. That worked out fine ultimately. Baltimore should have had its own franchise with its own identity all things considered (even if they were sneaking, lying, cheating, stealing bastards).

    Given that explanation, your request/demand, is denied. If you don't stop bellyaching I will call in Bugs Bunny to frustrate you.

    @the-gipper said:

    I know that sometimes these franchises play musical chairs and that is why I keep a compilation of championships won '"by city". Nevertheless, the NFL considers the Cardinals going from Chicago to St. Louis to Phoenix to Arizona to be one succesive franchise. Same for the Colts going from B-more to Indy. Same for the Tits going from Houston to Memphis to Nashville (remember, they played a year or 2 in Memphis). The Rams can galavant from Cleveland to LA to St. Louis.

    That is the meritorious thing about the retention of the Browns franchise here when Modell tried to move them. He was ultimately told he could move, but the franchise stays. That worked out fine ultimately. Baltimore should have had its own franchise with its own identity all things considered (even if they were sneaking, lying, cheating, stealing bastards).

    Given that explanation, your request/demand, is denied. If you don't stop bellyaching I will call in Bugs Bunny to frustrate you.

    Ha, you said Tits.

    Never underestimate my immaturity.

  • @yosemitejam said:

    What would a half wit who "LISTENS" to a written post know about rational thinking?? Take another hit and try it again fuzz nutz.

    I was actually just quoting Billy Madison because I'm currently watching it, and I thought that quote fit the parameters of the situation quite perfectly.

    After you remove your head from your ass, you should probably check that movie out. It's pretty good.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I was actually just quoting Billy Madison because I'm currently watching it, and I thought that quote fit the parameters of the situation quite perfectly.

    After you remove your head from your ass, you should probably check that movie out. It's pretty good.

    FYI, i have been checking out "Superbad" lately. there is a character in the flick call 'mcluvin'. something tells me that you two share a lot of similarities.

  • @yosemitejam said:

    I am NOT incorrect in stating that the TENNESSEETitans and the ARIZONACardinals have never won a title of any kind. Your interpretation of franchise was not fully explained in the original question. Henceforth, i demand that i be given for credit for a correct answer. Don't tread on Yosemite.

    Can't wait until you reveal the other correct answers.

    I know that sometimes these franchises play musical chairs and that is why I keep a compilation of championships won '"by city". Nevertheless, the NFL considers the Cardinals going from Chicago to St. Louis to Phoenix to Arizona to be one succesive franchise. Same for the Colts going from B-more to Indy. Same for the Tits going from Houston to Memphis to Nashville (remember, they played a year or 2 in Memphis). The Rams can galavant from Cleveland to LA to St. Louis.

    That is the meritorious thing about the retention of the Browns franchise here when Modell tried to move them. He was ultimately told he could move, but the franchise stays. That worked out fine ultimately. Baltimore should have had its own franchise with its own identity all things considered (even if they were sneaking, lying, cheating, stealing bastards).

    Given that explanation, your request/demand, is denied. If you don't stop bellyaching I will call in Bugs Bunny to frustrate you.

    @the-gipper said:

    I know that sometimes these franchises play musical chairs and that is why I keep a compilation of championships won '"by city". Nevertheless, the NFL considers the Cardinals going from Chicago to St. Louis to Phoenix to Arizona to be one succesive franchise. Same for the Colts going from B-more to Indy. Same for the Tits going from Houston to Memphis to Nashville (remember, they played a year or 2 in Memphis). The Rams can galavant from Cleveland to LA to St. Louis.

    That is the meritorious thing about the retention of the Browns franchise here when Modell tried to move them. He was ultimately told he could move, but the franchise stays. That worked out fine ultimately. Baltimore should have had its own franchise with its own identity all things considered (even if they were sneaking, lying, cheating, stealing bastards).

    Given that explanation, your request/demand, is denied. If you don't stop bellyaching I will call in Bugs Bunny to frustrate you.

    alright. that's my effing lesson for the day. let's move on to the next question.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I was actually just quoting Billy Madison because I'm currently watching it, and I thought that quote fit the parameters of the situation quite perfectly.

    After you remove your head from your ass, you should probably check that movie out. It's pretty good.

    FYI, i have been checking out "Superbad" lately. there is a character in the flick call 'mcluvin'. something tells me that you two share a lot of similarities.

    @yosemitejam said:

    FYI, i have been checking out "Superbad" lately. there is a character in the flick call 'mcluvin'. something tells me that you two share a lot of similarities.

    Is it because I remind you of a guy who has sex with an insanely hot girl while I tell her stories about my Hawaiian escapades, only to be fake-arrested by badass cops who like hanging out with me? Or is it because I remind you of a guy who shoots up police cars in an abandoned parking lot until they explode whilst the aforementioned badass police officers cheer me on?

    Or is it just because I remind you of a 17 year old who earns more in two hours than you do in a year's time?

    Because I'm fine with being that guy.

  • This isn't the answer to the question, nor a hint. Information only. But in the pre-Super Bowl era there were several championships involving two cities that were closer together than any 2 teams that have ever met in a Super Bowl. And those were the several NFL title games contested between the Cleveland Browns and the Detroit Lions, which cities, per my AAA Atlas US Mileage table are only 168 miles apart.

    As long as I am on it, I will give you the answer to this question, since Zombo got it anyway:

    The closest rivals in a Super Bowl was that between the Chicago Bears and the Indianapolis Colts, which are 178 miles apart.

    After the Cleve./Detroit and Chi/Indy matchup, the next closest geographic rivals to meet were the Cleveland Browns and the Buffalo Bills in the 1948 AAFC title game. Those cities are 190 miles apart.

    After that came the Baltimore/New York game in SB III. FYI, Baltimore is closer to NYC than Boston is. (Boston is 216 miles away). Closer yet is NYC and Philadelphia, only 97 miles apart, but teams from those 2 cities have never met in a title game.

    Finally, the next closest appears to be the 1962 AFL title game between the Dallas Texans and Houston Oilers, which cities are 239 miles apart.