Skip to content

RIP Captain Phil Harris

The Browns Board
8 7 1.2k
  • I know this is not football related, but since the season is over and the combine is not for 2 weeks and free agency 3 weeks away. I just wanted to say Rest In Peace Captain Phil Harris of the Cornelia Marie on the Deadliest catch. He was a great fisherman and Captain. I know not many of you will care about this, but whatever. Those of you who ever watched it, this is probably news to ya.

  • It's not news to me. I have been following this since he had his stroke at the end of January and was online when the news of his death was released so I knew right away.

    I am not a big fan of the show. I've watched it and always route for that one crab every now and then that tries to make a brake for it but my sister is a BIG fan and of the Captains, Phil is our favorite. He had a great sense of humor, was honest, a hell of a fisherman and was a good Dad and he was also the youngest Captain of a boat when he was 19 or 20 I believe.

    My condolences to his sons, Josh and Jake and to his family and his crew. I think there is a big hole in the crab finshing industry.

    Heidi

  • I know this is not football related, but since the season is over and the combine is not for 2 weeks and free agency 3 weeks away. I just wanted to say Rest In Peace Captain Phil Harris of the Cornelia Marie on the Deadliest catch. He was a great fisherman and Captain. I know not many of you will care about this, but whatever. Those of you who ever watched it, this is probably news to ya.

    @cambridgeho said:

    I know this is not football related, but since the season is over and the combine is not for 2 weeks and free agency 3 weeks away. I just wanted to say Rest In Peace Captain Phil Harris of the Cornelia Marie on the Deadliest catch. There is one episode with him that will always stand out to me, when he sees a guys fall over board from another ship and rescues that guy within 8 minutes. He was a crazy son of a bitch and smoked his ass off, but that one day he was there to actually save somebodies life. I know not many of you will care about this, but whatever. Those of you who ever watched it, this is probably news to ya.

    I saw that episode, but I am 99% sure that it was the captain of the TIME BANDIT. I remember him rescuing the guy that fell off the pods while trying to strap them down. They stripped him down and he was shakin like a leaf!

  • @cambridgeho said:

    I know this is not football related, but since the season is over and the combine is not for 2 weeks and free agency 3 weeks away. I just wanted to say Rest In Peace Captain Phil Harris of the Cornelia Marie on the Deadliest catch. There is one episode with him that will always stand out to me, when he sees a guys fall over board from another ship and rescues that guy within 8 minutes. He was a crazy son of a bitch and smoked his ass off, but that one day he was there to actually save somebodies life. I know not many of you will care about this, but whatever. Those of you who ever watched it, this is probably news to ya.

    I saw that episode, but I am 99% sure that it was the captain of the TIME BANDIT. I remember him rescuing the guy that fell off the pods while trying to strap them down. They stripped him down and he was shakin like a leaf!

    @nflnoob said:

    I saw that episode, but I am 99% sure that it was the captain of the TIME BANDIT. I remember him rescuing the guy that fell off the pods while trying to strap them down. They stripped him down and he was shakin like a leaf!

    You are correct my friend, and I am completely stupid.

  • @nflnoob said:

    I saw that episode, but I am 99% sure that it was the captain of the TIME BANDIT. I remember him rescuing the guy that fell off the pods while trying to strap them down. They stripped him down and he was shakin like a leaf!

    You are correct my friend, and I am completely stupid.

    @cambridgeho said:

    You are correct my friend, and I am completely stupid.

    Great episode none the less.

  • it's not the number of years that are important. It's what you pack in to the years you have.

    I am sure Phil could go on for weeks about work, wine, women, and song.

    He lived double what most of us have.

    R.I.P. Phil.

  • I know this is not football related, but since the season is over and the combine is not for 2 weeks and free agency 3 weeks away. I just wanted to say Rest In Peace Captain Phil Harris of the Cornelia Marie on the Deadliest catch. He was a great fisherman and Captain. I know not many of you will care about this, but whatever. Those of you who ever watched it, this is probably news to ya.

    @cambridgeho said:

    He was a crazy son of a bitch and smoked his ass off.
    😁😆😁😆 LOL
  • ding ding ding ding Capt Harris departing