Skip to content

Bengals Sign Matt Jones

The Browns Board
15 12 1.9k
  • Bengals sign Matt Jones

    By Adam Schefter

    ESPN.com

    Pacman Jones Tries Out For Bengals

    Former Tennessee Titans and Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones worked out for the Cincinnati Bengals on Thursday, according to league sources.

    The workout is thought to be Jones' first with an NFL team since the Cowboys released him in February 2009.

    Jones has avoided trouble since his last brush with the law in October 2008. He was involved in an alcohol-related incident with a bodyguard assigned to him by the Cowboys, and hotel employees called police. No arrests were made nor charges filed. But the NFL suspended Jones for four games because the incident was a violation of the league's personal conduct policy.

    Jones began his time in Dallas under close league scrutiny after he was suspended for the entire 2007 season for multiple violations of the conduct policy while he was a member of the Titans. The Cowboys traded for Jones before his suspension was over and he was reinstated by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Aug. 28, 2008.

    The Bengals, who earlier had expressed interest in former Jaguars receiver Matt Jones, signed him to a one-year contract Friday. According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, the deal is worth about $700,000.

    Jones had been suspended for the final three games of the 2008 season for violating the league's substance abuse policy. He was cut by the Jaguars in March 2009.

    Awesome.

  • Maybe we can sign Charles Rogers. Is Cincy really that desperate?

  • Well, if I recall, Matt Jones also had problems with either the law or PEDs or substance abuse or some such thing, didn't he?

    .....oops, I didn't read the last line of the post. Nevermind.

  • Well, if I recall, Matt Jones also had problems with either the law or PEDs or substance abuse or some such thing, didn't he?

    .....oops, I didn't read the last line of the post. Nevermind.

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, if I recall, Matt Jones also had problems with either the law or PEDs or substance abuse or some such thing, didn't he?

    .....oops, I didn't read the last line of the post. Nevermind.

    He was doing cocaine off of his steering wheel in a parking lot.

  • Stallworth next?

  • They can still waive his dumb ass before the season starts. Why not just draft one? Bad move for Cincy.

  • correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he a pretty solid receiver? This could potentially be big, but since it is the Bengals I'll just assume he'll be arrested in the next few hours and it won't matter

  • I swear Marvin Lewis has pictures of Goodell with Elin Woods or something. He should have been fired two years ago.

    FIRE THIS xxxxIN MORON!!! I feel nothing for the Bengals its just that when one guy can do this much damage to a team and the city it represents and not only get away with it but win awards, it makes the league look bad. Its a joke and its bad for football.

  • correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he a pretty solid receiver? This could potentially be big, but since it is the Bengals I'll just assume he'll be arrested in the next few hours and it won't matter

    @blowe said:

    correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he a pretty solid receiver? This could potentially be big, but since it is the Bengals I'll just assume he'll be arrested in the next few hours and it won't matter

    Both Pacman and Matt are good but its not about that at this point. The Bengals continue to send the message that character does not matter. It is hurting the team and the city. How many players resign with Cincy? NONE. As soon as one of their good players plays through their contract, they leave. Its looks bad for the NFL when teams like the Bengals and the Raiders will guarantee that regardless of the player's actions, he will always have a very, very well paying job. Watch, Plaxico will end his career there.

  • TO is next.

  • They can still waive his dumb ass before the season starts. Why not just draft one? Bad move for Cincy.

    @cambridgeho said:

    They can still waive his dumb ass before the season starts. Why not just draft one? Bad move for Cincy.

    Rumor has it Jones has not been added to the players rosters and the Bungals refuse to announce what his official job title is...My early guess at his official job title is team dopeman. 😆

  • I think this is a great pick up for the Bengals, Jones has always been a good teammate and is a pretty smart guy hence he was a QB in college. He made a mistake, like many of us do on a weekly basis. I saw many games with Jones in 08 and the guy was turning into a pretty dominant WR before his troubles. He's a huge target at about 6'5 or so and can jump with the best of them. If he's truly turned his life around and put down the straw he will be a dominant WR in the NFL and a "Bad Ass" red zone threat. This was a low risk high reward pick up for the Bengals and one I think will really pay off..

    Pacman on the other hand is a piece of sh!t who deserves nothing and should be dropped off a high cliff, he's had his chances!

  • @erie-dawg said:

    What the?

    I don't take Rx drugs......but i'm going to go out on a limb and say this is a scam.

    Send this to Big ben's inbox heard he's looking for some roofies. 🥷

    yeah, the same guy just posted this on another thread here. i didn't know the russian mob started workin nfl forum boards. yikes!

  • luv me some rufies. talk about getting twisted up...
  • Ya what the hell is really going on