Skip to content

If you want to put Lum on ignore

The Browns Board
31 19 3.0k
  • wow, that is really making things easy for everyone hehe.

  • Hey Mod's can we get this shit off of here?

  • @shepwrite said:

    Funny. I used it!

    (What the heck is going on with Ate and Lumbergh? So weird.)

    Done. Thanks for the tip. There is only two people I want on ignore, and both are DA wanker yankers.

  • Done!

  • Hey Mod's can we get this shit off of here?

    @atenears said:

    Hey Mod's can we get this shit off of here?

    Was Lum's true identity just revealed?

  • like pulling off a band-aid. Thanks

  • Stan is there an age requirement on this forum? I've never seen a place full of more whinny ass bitches.

    Did somebody spill some water on your cookies, because you sound like a bunch of children.

    Lum must be doing something write if he is the center of attention in 85% of these threads.

  • My apologies. I'll make sure I read over my post three times before I hit the submit button. I mean, who doesn't type on the fly anymore? Such a correct world.

  • I think the original post is helpful, because of the new format. Many people may not yet have figured out how use the ignore feature. I had Lum on ignore for a while on the previous board simply because his excuses for Andersons play had finally become so redundant there was no point in reading them further. With a change at the QB position, I kind of want to see what he has to say these days, but cherry picking stats from his first 8 games to make Andersons last 10 to 15 games seem better than they were is getting old quick.

    While I don't think Quinn has been as good as many seem to think, claiming that Anderson was benched so they could play the "Pretty Boy" is assinine. Anderson was benched because Anderson was erratic, and just as likely to lose an easy game for the Browns as he was to win a tough one. Anderson does have positives, great arm strength, the ability to throw long passes with a fair amount of accuracy, and while I wouldn't call it leadership, he is a good teammate from what I understand. Unfortunately for DA, and anyone with a personal stake in his success the Browns management decided that that skill set was not what the Browns needed for long term success and they decide to take a look at other options.

    So far their other option has shown better accuracy, more consistant play, more confidence, better leadership skills, and better clock management skills. While his arm strength and deep ball are still in question, and probably will not be equal to Andersons, they show signs of being adequate for the Browns needs. There are still an awful lot of questions, and the Browns won't have the answer to those until at least the end of the season. Will Quinn maintain or exceed this level of play? Is this level of play good enough to replace a pro-bowl (alternate) QB whose major downside was erratic play? If Quinn busts over the course of the next six games is Andersons reputation with team damaged to the extent he will be less effective, or will it affect his confidence?

    These are all valid arguments, and a meaningful discussion could surely stem from them, but Lummy feeding me the same old "Anderson is unappreciated and was treated unfairly" shit sandwich is getting old quick. If Anderson were that good, he would have sealed up the playoffs last year, or started better than 0-3 this year, or gone better than 3-5 in his half of the season this year. If Lum can't do better than that I am sure I will appreciate it being so easy fror me to find the ignore function in the very near future.

  • To whoever (Mario?) got pissed and said we should have freedom of speech, I'm not stopping the moron from writing.

    I'm just helping people ignore him if they choose to, I'm not banning him or stopping him from writing (not that I could even if I wanted to).

    I find some of his posts interesting but the Retarded ones make me not want to read any of them at all.

  • @jadbf said:

    I'm the one who quoted freedom of speech.

    and no your not stopping him from writing, but you are campaining for people to ignore him.

    You're not "helping" people. If they needed help they could ask.

    I actually don't find many of his posts interesting at all. But I don't need the ingore feature either. I can very easily use my mouse scroll button to go right past his posts.

    and again, I have no issue if people want to put him (or me or anyone else) on ignore. But the people campaining and telling others they should ignore him too, and acting like they know the best way to deal with lums (whos says he need "dealt with" at all) are being just as childish as he is.

    Lums a good guy, BQ fags

  • @jadbf said:

    I'm the one who quoted freedom of speech.

    and no your not stopping him from writing, but you are campaining for people to ignore him.

    You're not "helping" people. If they needed help they could ask.

    I actually don't find many of his posts interesting at all. But I don't need the ingore feature either. I can very easily use my mouse scroll button to go right past his posts.

    and again, I have no issue if people want to put him (or me or anyone else) on ignore. But the people campaining and telling others they should ignore him too, and acting like they know the best way to deal with lums (whos says he need "dealt with" at all) are being just as childish as he is.

    Lums a good guy, BQ fags

    @derek-anderson said:

    Lums a good guy, BQ fags

    And there we have it - Lumbergh with his new identity.

  • @inspecta said:

    Did you de-throne yourself or something?

    But seriously, that was way cool, makes it very interesting to put him on ignore. Hell if stan won't do anything, I say we sticky this to the top of the board.

    Maybe put it on the front page of the site.

    Inspecta, you don't need to call out Stan because you can't handle Lums. Who gives a rat if you have him on ignore or you have thick enough skin to be selective in what you read by him? You're better than this.

    If people are going to attack Atenear's character because somebody doesn't share their opinion about 1 or 2 players - TOUGHEN UP, get a backbone and get this CRAP off the message board! Don't tell me you're ignoring the guy when he's all you talk about.

    IMO, we're LUCKY Atenears runs this board. The last time I was on a message board runned by someone else - she handed out cyber time outs to adults. I'm disappointed in this thread and the people that don't appreciate Atenears. Think about that the next time you show up to a tailgate in Cleveland.

    - Tom F. (Message boards are supposed to be about expressing differences of opinion)

  • @inspecta said:

    Did you de-throne yourself or something?

    But seriously, that was way cool, makes it very interesting to put him on ignore. Hell if stan won't do anything, I say we sticky this to the top of the board.

    Maybe put it on the front page of the site.

    Inspecta, you don't need to call out Stan because you can't handle Lums. Who gives a rat if you have him on ignore or you have thick enough skin to be selective in what you read by him? You're better than this.

    If people are going to attack Atenear's character because somebody doesn't share their opinion about 1 or 2 players - TOUGHEN UP, get a backbone and get this CRAP off the message board! Don't tell me you're ignoring the guy when he's all you talk about.

    IMO, we're LUCKY Atenears runs this board. The last time I was on a message board runned by someone else - she handed out cyber time outs to adults. I'm disappointed in this thread and the people that don't appreciate Atenears. Think about that the next time you show up to a tailgate in Cleveland.

    - Tom F. (Message boards are supposed to be about expressing differences of opinion)

    @flugel said:

    Inspecta, you don't need to call out Stan because you can't handle Lums. Who gives a rat if you have him on ignore or you have thick enough skin to be selective in what you read by him? You're better than this.

    If people are going to attack Atenear's character because somebody doesn't share their opinion about 1 or 2 players - TOUGHEN UP, get a backbone and get this CRAP off the message board! Don't tell me you're ignoring the guy when he's all you talk about.

    IMO, we're LUCKY Atenears runs this board. The last time I was on a message board runned by someone else - she handed out cyber time outs to adults. I'm disappointed in this thread and the people that don't appreciate Atenears. Think about that the next time you show up to a tailgate in Cleveland.

    - Tom F. (Message boards are supposed to be about expressing differences of opinion)

    Yeah Inspecta, quit being a little cheese-hole ... Springer sells baby!

  • This entire board needs group therapy. What an odd thread.

    And I am still not sure why Stan is agitated with this thread. If he is all for supporting freedom of speech, why is he electing to have this post removed? Selective approach I gather.

  • This entire board needs group therapy. What an odd thread.

    And I am still not sure why Stan is agitated with this thread. If he is all for supporting freedom of speech, why is he electing to have this post removed? Selective approach I gather.

    @vegasdogg said:

    This entire board needs group therapy. What an odd thread.

    And I am still not sure why Stan is agitated with this thread. If he is all for supporting freedom of speech, why is he electing to have this post removed? Selective approach I gather.

    He didn't. He was just venting. You know he PAYS for this site right? People can give him a little more respect than they do. People wanted smiley fces and people got smiley faces. People wanted a game day tavern and they got a game day tavern. People wanted fantasy football and they got 5 leagues and a Woof Woof Column that's second to none. People wanted a high school football section and they got one. People wanted a college football section and they got one. People wanted a Tribe section, Cavs section, fantasy baseball and fantasy basketball sections and got them. People wanted a political moshpit and got one. People wanted a pro pick em and college pick em and got them. People wanted a tail gate opportunity to meet those they post with and Stan's boards have provided the opportunity. There's even a freakin store on this forum.

    What everyone is suddenly griping about is the fact that Atenears does NOT remove posts or people. That's what made THIS board so damn refreshing. PLEASE don't ruin that folks. Sometimes people need to THANK the moderators and Atenears instead of bellyaching about every little thing.

    If the purpose of a message board was to show up and say "damn straight" or "high 5" to every single statement - we'd be bored. There's other sites that do that but people are HERE so guess what? Some of the funniest threads and most entertaining threads are the ones where you see BIG time disagreement and philosophies colliding. The ones that ENCOURAGE emotion are the ones that get the readers. Skippy (that's Atenears to you newbies) knows that Springer sells but he also knows Springer needs bouncers willing for Roadhouse when/if necessary. These Mods have a thankless job so let's not over state our FREEDOMS to not read subjects or people we can't tolerate. Just do it if need be.

    In the number of years I've been on Stan's boards - I've only seen maybe 2 or 3 guys booted tops. They've all been allowed to return except maybe Steelers4Tim and Chubbychucker. When I see newbies like Masters, JADBF, Fooleeze gelling with regulars like yourself and others I feel pretty good about WHO we have in here.

    All this "don't talk about or with Lums" stuff only to slap up countless subject headings with his name seems rather hypocritical. In other words, if he doesn't like the SAME players as the majority in here - he shouldn't be allowed to stay. We ALL had fun busting his chops about DA and calling him Loverboy and slapping up Air Supply lyrics when his hometown hero was starting so WHY wouldn't we expect a litle return fire and karma from him when we have OUR favorite QB? He's harmless UNLESS we allow otherwise. I rarely agree with the guy but I don't think he's here to ruin the board. He's just doing what we did to him because he thinks we didn't appreciate his version of a good thing. He's in love so every backbreaking INT became an extra mulligan. He knows DA's play had him gagging and spitting up right next to his baby on game day. That's a smart kid not dis-illusioned by a mancrush yet.

    I think Riffer has a little Stevie Nicks lyrics to hook us up with for what Quinn is doing to Loverboy. "Stop Dragging My Heart Around" That's a hot mess!

    - Tom F. (Every time Lums protests, it means Quinn just did something else DA was incapable of like winning ANY of his first 3 starts and refraining from backbreaking INTs in tight ball games)

  • Please note: At the time of this release Nicks was still a prime piece of ass and had yet to go RAC 'n ROLLS/Crennelephant on her fans.

    Stop Draggin' My Heart Around was the first single from Stevie Nicks' debut solo album Bella Donna. It was written by Tom Petty and Mike Campbell, and Petty sang with Nicks in the chorus and bridge, whilst his entire band played on the song.

    from the music video

    The song reached #3 on Billboard and in reaching #7 in Australia remains the only Top 10 hit which Petty has played on or written. It was not a success in Europe, however: reaching only #50 in the UK. The lyrics are about a man who feels weighed down by relationships and wants to part despite a strong sentimental attachment to his lover. The melody is described by All Music as "dark and sinister"[1], probably because of the dense drumming of Stan Lynch which is the most prominent feature of the song's rhythm. Apart from the intro before the first verse and a solo following the second verse (where there is some fairly heavy riffing), however, the guitar sound is laid-back in typical Heartbreakers style.

    The two singers performed another duet on Petty's 1981 album Hard Promises, "Insider".

    The song was parodied by "Weird Al" Yankovic as "Stop Draggin My Car Around" on his first album.

    Tom Petty Stop Draggin' My Heart Around Lyrics

    Songwriters: Petty, Tom; Campbell, Michael W; With Stevie Nicks

    Baby you'll come knocking on

    My front door

    Same old line you used to use before

    I said ya...well...

    What am I supposed to do

    I didn't know what I was getting into

    So you've had a little trouble in town

    Now you're keeping some demon down

    Stop draggin' my...

    Stop draggin' my...

    Stop draggin' my heart around

    It's hard to think about

    What you've wanted

    It's hard to think about what you've lost

    This doesn't have to be the big get even

    This doesn't have to be anything at all

    I know you really want to

    Tell me good-bye

    I know you really want to

    Be your own guy

    Baby you could never look me in the eye

    Yeah you buckle with the weight

    Of the words

    Stop draggin' my...

    Stop draggin' my...

    Stop draggin' my heart around

    There's people running 'round loose

    In the world

    Ain't got nothing better to do

    Than make a meal of some

    Bright eyed kid

    You need someone looking after you

    I know you really want to

    Tell me good-bye

    I know you really want to

    Be your own guy

    Baby you could never look me in the eye

    Yeah you buckle with the weight

    Of the words

    Stop draggin' my...

    Stop draggin' my...

    Stop draggin' my heart around

    NOTE: If you really pay attention to these thought provoking lyrics, it almost makes you tear up a little bit for Lumsford. He has feelings too, you know.

  • @vegasdogg said:

    This entire board needs group therapy. What an odd thread.

    And I am still not sure why Stan is agitated with this thread. If he is all for supporting freedom of speech, why is he electing to have this post removed? Selective approach I gather.

    He didn't. He was just venting. You know he PAYS for this site right? People can give him a little more respect than they do. People wanted smiley fces and people got smiley faces. People wanted a game day tavern and they got a game day tavern. People wanted fantasy football and they got 5 leagues and a Woof Woof Column that's second to none. People wanted a high school football section and they got one. People wanted a college football section and they got one. People wanted a Tribe section, Cavs section, fantasy baseball and fantasy basketball sections and got them. People wanted a political moshpit and got one. People wanted a pro pick em and college pick em and got them. People wanted a tail gate opportunity to meet those they post with and Stan's boards have provided the opportunity. There's even a freakin store on this forum.

    What everyone is suddenly griping about is the fact that Atenears does NOT remove posts or people. That's what made THIS board so damn refreshing. PLEASE don't ruin that folks. Sometimes people need to THANK the moderators and Atenears instead of bellyaching about every little thing.

    If the purpose of a message board was to show up and say "damn straight" or "high 5" to every single statement - we'd be bored. There's other sites that do that but people are HERE so guess what? Some of the funniest threads and most entertaining threads are the ones where you see BIG time disagreement and philosophies colliding. The ones that ENCOURAGE emotion are the ones that get the readers. Skippy (that's Atenears to you newbies) knows that Springer sells but he also knows Springer needs bouncers willing for Roadhouse when/if necessary. These Mods have a thankless job so let's not over state our FREEDOMS to not read subjects or people we can't tolerate. Just do it if need be.

    In the number of years I've been on Stan's boards - I've only seen maybe 2 or 3 guys booted tops. They've all been allowed to return except maybe Steelers4Tim and Chubbychucker. When I see newbies like Masters, JADBF, Fooleeze gelling with regulars like yourself and others I feel pretty good about WHO we have in here.

    All this "don't talk about or with Lums" stuff only to slap up countless subject headings with his name seems rather hypocritical. In other words, if he doesn't like the SAME players as the majority in here - he shouldn't be allowed to stay. We ALL had fun busting his chops about DA and calling him Loverboy and slapping up Air Supply lyrics when his hometown hero was starting so WHY wouldn't we expect a litle return fire and karma from him when we have OUR favorite QB? He's harmless UNLESS we allow otherwise. I rarely agree with the guy but I don't think he's here to ruin the board. He's just doing what we did to him because he thinks we didn't appreciate his version of a good thing. He's in love so every backbreaking INT became an extra mulligan. He knows DA's play had him gagging and spitting up right next to his baby on game day. That's a smart kid not dis-illusioned by a mancrush yet.

    I think Riffer has a little Stevie Nicks lyrics to hook us up with for what Quinn is doing to Loverboy. "Stop Dragging My Heart Around" That's a hot mess!

    - Tom F. (Every time Lums protests, it means Quinn just did something else DA was incapable of like winning ANY of his first 3 starts and refraining from backbreaking INTs in tight ball games)

    And I am still not sure why Stan is agitated with this thread. If he is all for supporting freedom of speech, why is he electing to have this post removed? Selective approach I gather.

    @flugel said:

    He didn't. He was just venting.

    That's because he deleted his own post calling for a Mod to remove the thread. I've come to the defense of Stan on plenty of occassion and told people that this is his board and he can do what he wants. Just a little odd that he would want this particular thread closed down when he is the first to support non-censorship.

  • And I am still not sure why Stan is agitated with this thread. If he is all for supporting freedom of speech, why is he electing to have this post removed? Selective approach I gather.

    @flugel said:

    He didn't. He was just venting.

    That's because he deleted his own post calling for a Mod to remove the thread. I've come to the defense of Stan on plenty of occassion and told people that this is his board and he can do what he wants. Just a little odd that he would want this particular thread closed down when he is the first to support non-censorship.

    @vegasdogg said:

    That's because he deleted his own post calling for a Mod to remove the thread. I've come to the defense of Stan on plenty of occassion and told people that this is his board and he can do what he wants. Just a little odd that he would want this particular thread closed down when he is the first to support non-censorship.

    Hey, who pulled my post? That's it, I'm going to Dawgbones ...

    Hey Vegasdoggie, I didn't request that this thread be removed because of some censorship issue, I requested it be removed because it was fawking gay.

    Putting someone on ignore is like pinning a sign on your bedroom door that reads, "No girls allowed". Grow the fawk-up.