Skip to content

Who would you like to face?

The Browns Board
17 15 2.6k
  • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #1

    The choice is yours.

    Personally either NYJ (because of the history and connections), Kansas City (because they suck), or Jacksonville (because we played them the last game of the season).

    Poll results from the old forum

    Who would you like to face in our season opener?

    • Baltimore: 0 votes
    • Cincinnati: 3 votes
    • Pittsburgh: 3 votes
    • New England: 1 vote
    • NYJ: 4 votes
    • Buffalo: 5 votes
    • Miami: 0 votes
    • Tampa Bay: 6 votes
    • Atlanta: 0 votes
    • New Orleans: 6 votes
    • Carolina: 4 votes
    • Kansas City: 2 votes
    • Jacksonville: 0 votes
  • PlaygroundLegendP PlaygroundLegend wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Pittsburg no doubt

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    New Orleans.

    We might as well face the champs & see how we stack up. Also, they may not be focused too well with all the hoopla of being champs, and we need to pay them back for ruining our season opener in 2006.

    Second choice would be New England on a Sunday night love-fest matchup of Mangini vs. BB

  • LCDawgFan13L LCDawgFan13 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    It would be nice to start with an "almost guaranteed" win. So I think I'd like to see Buffalo on week 1. It would also be nice to see Browns vs Bills in semi warm weather. We don't get that opportunity very often.

  • Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I like the saints for the same reasons as bob.

    Second would be pittsburg or another afc north matchup.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I was going to say that I would like the schedule makers to make Tampa, Miami, and Jacksonville to all come to Cleveland to play here in December, but then I realized that those are all scheduled away games.

    Maybe it would be best to have the Browns go down there in December. And make the likes of Carolina and Atlanta come here in December.

    Though, someone suggested that ALL division games should be scheduled as the last 6 games of the season to avoid all the laying down for opponents that seems to occur now by teams that have their division and post season positions set.

    OK, so, who wants to go to Florida for a game or games there in December?

  • B Browns wrote on last edited by
    #7

    New England because I want to see how we do vs. tom brady and Moss.

  • New Orleans.

    We might as well face the champs & see how we stack up. Also, they may not be focused too well with all the hoopla of being champs, and we need to pay them back for ruining our season opener in 2006.

    Second choice would be New England on a Sunday night love-fest matchup of Mangini vs. BB

    G gmp wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @bob806 said:

    New Orleans.

    We might as well face the champs & see how we stack up. Also, they may not be focused too well with all the hoopla of being champs, and we need to pay them back for ruining our season opener in 2006.

    Second choice would be New England on a Sunday night love-fest matchup of Mangini vs. BB

    I think the night game thing is a thing of the past for Cleveland 😒 ....... for a loooong time..

  • sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Tampa Bay

  • daydawg19D daydawg19 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Tampa

  • Tampa

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @daydawg19 said:

    Tampa

    My brother has Bucs season tickets....I am hoping it is later in the season....Nov or Dec sounds good to me.

  • R roach wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Jets fans combined with our fans make for a good tailgate party.

  • D DawgTracker wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Bengals, they are usually slow starters

  • G gmp

    @bob806 said:

    New Orleans.

    We might as well face the champs & see how we stack up. Also, they may not be focused too well with all the hoopla of being champs, and we need to pay them back for ruining our season opener in 2006.

    Second choice would be New England on a Sunday night love-fest matchup of Mangini vs. BB

    I think the night game thing is a thing of the past for Cleveland 😒 ....... for a loooong time..

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @gmp said:

    I think the night game thing is a thing of the past for Cleveland 😒 ....... for a loooong time..

    You might be right, we've had some real stinkers on prime time (except the Steelers game last season) recently.

    I just hope we don't open with a divisional opponent, I've always hated that.

  • G gmp

    @bob806 said:

    New Orleans.

    We might as well face the champs & see how we stack up. Also, they may not be focused too well with all the hoopla of being champs, and we need to pay them back for ruining our season opener in 2006.

    Second choice would be New England on a Sunday night love-fest matchup of Mangini vs. BB

    I think the night game thing is a thing of the past for Cleveland 😒 ....... for a loooong time..

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @gmp said:

    I think the night game thing is a thing of the past for Cleveland 😒 ....... for a loooong time..

    I disagree. The atmosphere at Cleveland Stadium for a night game is as good as any in the country. And the Browns have not done all that poorly on those prime time games. They beat the defending SB Champs last year, and if I recall, wasn't the game against the defending SB Champs NY Giants which they won the prior year also a night game?

    With Holmgren running the show here I think they will want the Browns on at least one home night game, be it a Thursday or a Monday.

  • BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Lets start with the SB winners ....

    A blitz for Brees, lets put him to ease !

  • The choice is yours.

    Personally either NYJ (because of the history and connections), Kansas City (because they suck), or Jacksonville (because we played them the last game of the season).

    Poll results from the old forum

    Who would you like to face in our season opener?

    • Baltimore: 0 votes
    • Cincinnati: 3 votes
    • Pittsburgh: 3 votes
    • New England: 1 vote
    • NYJ: 4 votes
    • Buffalo: 5 votes
    • Miami: 0 votes
    • Tampa Bay: 6 votes
    • Atlanta: 0 votes
    • New Orleans: 6 votes
    • Carolina: 4 votes
    • Kansas City: 2 votes
    • Jacksonville: 0 votes
    cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @theclevelandsound said:

    The choice is yours.

    Personally either NYJ (because of the history and connections), Kansas City (because they suck), or Jacksonville (because we played them the last game of the season).

    I've heard they are throwing around the idea that they should have divisional games scheduled for weeks 16 and 17 so there is better games down the stretch.

    Would probably help with the sitting of playmakers