Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. OT: OBX

OT: OBX

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
8 Posts 4 Posters 963 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Chicopee John C
    • 2k Posts
    • 104 Reputation
    C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by
    #1

    It looks like the family might venture down to the Outer Banks area for a week this summer.

    I know that Rich4 is living in NC as is, maybe, T and DieHard.

    I am looking for any advice and recommendations:

    Best locations to stay - we will look for a house

    Attractions near these locations

    etc.

    Thanks.

    If any of you guys are in or near the area when we arrive, I'd be more than happy to buy you a beer or three.

    "God is great. Beer is good. People are crazy."
    Kosar_For_PresidentK 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Mr. T Mr. TM
      • 7k Posts
      • 184 Reputation
      Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by Mr. T
      #2

      Kosar for prez used to live on th OB, he can give you plenty of tips.

      One thing I can tell you is that you will want to make sure you arrive early to catch a ferry. Some will spend the night and camp out to be first in line.

      http://www.outer-banks.com/ferry/index.cfm

      to bad messaging is turned off. i would give you my email address.

      hint its not the one i used for this account, but stan has it, it is on my fb account.

      Head or Gut?
      Kosar_For_PresidentK 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • C Chicopee John

        It looks like the family might venture down to the Outer Banks area for a week this summer.

        I know that Rich4 is living in NC as is, maybe, T and DieHard.

        I am looking for any advice and recommendations:

        Best locations to stay - we will look for a house

        Attractions near these locations

        etc.

        Thanks.

        If any of you guys are in or near the area when we arrive, I'd be more than happy to buy you a beer or three.

        Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
        • 6k Posts
        • 221 Reputation
        Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by Kosar_For_President
        #3

        @chicopee-john said:

        It looks like the family might venture down to the Outer Banks area for a week this summer.

        I know that Rich4 is living in NC as is, maybe, T and DieHard.

        I am looking for any advice and recommendations:

        Best locations to stay - we will look for a house

        Attractions near these locations

        etc.

        Thanks.

        If any of you guys are in or near the area when we arrive, I'd be more than happy to buy you a beer or three.

        Hey John. I am actually moving back at the end of next month and would be happy to drink a beer or 10 with you. I lived there for 5 years. I might as well be out of work at the beach vs this shit hole. Anyways, places to stay? People pay out the ass to rent right on the beach, look for something on the sound. My girl used work at Sun Realty. How many people do you need to accomidate? You are seriously better off waiting until after Labor Day to be honest with you. Not sure about the kids schedule. Prices get cut in half. And if you wait until October or April or something like that you can pay about 20% of summer rates. My friend when down in October and paid $300/wk for a 8 bedroom house with a pool, it was 80 degrees out. Let me know about how many rooms you want. My girl has already moved down already and I will be leaving Mid-March. She can scope out some houses.

        Places to go.

        Resturants and Food: Kill Devil Grill, only one of 2 historical diners in the world that is made out of a rail car. Killer wings, great food. Get the wings and cheese steak egg rolls. Best meal for your buck.

        Cheap lunch, John's diner, get the shrimp basket or cod, I hate fish but love this place. It is a great drive up and sit down cheap for the family. Mile Post 4 on the beach road.

        Nightlife: Sunburns. From 11 - 2am crab legs are like $6 lb. It's been a year though, not sure if is the same deal. Big place to move around (I hate dinky places).

        AVOID Barefoot Bernies, the owner is an asshole Steeler fan. I stole a small Steeler flag but the door a while back and replaced it with a Browns flag. I think he knew it was me.

        AVOID the all you can eat, wait in line for 1 hour places. Buy a pot and steam your own at the house.

        AVOID Mama Kwans. Got sick right after eating something bad there, the manager was an ass, wouldn't refund on anything on the check and he was a f*cking asshole. Got sick again, dumped my glass of water out in the bathroom, puked in the cup after we paid (with no tip) and left it on my table.

        AVOID Kelly's cheese ball wanna be gangster fags coming in and out when you are trying to eat. Not bad food, but if you are there after 7:30, it sucks.

        AVOID Port-o-call. My friend worked in the kitchen, enough said.

        AVOID The Weeping Radish, owner is an asshole.

        List of decent places, Mulligans, Rundown and Red Drum.

        Oh shit. The best wings on the planet no shit, Old Tom's Tavern. It's about 15 minutes north of the bridge going to the beach, in Currituck. The owner and chef worked with Bobbie Flay. Such good food. Get the wings.

        If anywhere, go to Old Tom's Tavern and Kill Devil Grill.

        Adventure: Hand Gliding for the kids and adults. I used to work at the place that performs the lessons (it's only 25 feet off soft sand and there is an instructor holing a teather). Ages 8 - 80. Nighttime kayak tours are cool, one you go down a river that glows from the alge. Kicks ass. Let me know when you go, for the most part I can get hang gliding lessons free.

        The traffic might be bad, but going to see the wild horses in Corolla is awesome, truly majestic. I would also make it to Ocracoke, you do have to take a ferry, but voted the best beach in the United States. Huge sand bar, great fishing. If you do fish FYI, don't wear weighters. 3 - 4 tourists die because they wear waiter and the shelf drops of so quickly they fill up and they drown. Go fishing, some of the best fishing on Earth. Just bring poles, there are double the price down there. Oregon Inlett is the best place.

        Let me know what your into and I'll give you some more feedback.

        Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Mr. TM Mr. T

          Kosar for prez used to live on th OB, he can give you plenty of tips.

          One thing I can tell you is that you will want to make sure you arrive early to catch a ferry. Some will spend the night and camp out to be first in line.

          http://www.outer-banks.com/ferry/index.cfm

          to bad messaging is turned off. i would give you my email address.

          hint its not the one i used for this account, but stan has it, it is on my fb account.

          Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
          • 6k Posts
          • 221 Reputation
          Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by Kosar_For_President
          #4

          @mr.-t said:

          Kosar for prez used to live on th OB, he can give you plenty of tips.

          One thing I can tell you is that you will want to make sure you arrive early to catch a ferry. Some will spend the night and camp out to be first in line.

          http://www.outer-banks.com/ferry/index.cfm

          to bad messaging is turned off. i would give you my email address.

          hint its not the one i used for this account, but stan has it, it is on my fb account.

          You don't need a ferry anymore. I would arrive a day early on Saturday (which ever day it is before check in) camp out for one night at Hatteras national seashore. Then you can get to your rental company first thing while people are waiting on the bridge for 4 hours.

          Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Chicopee John C
            • 2k Posts
            • 104 Reputation
            C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Thanks, K (and T).

            I have to speak with THE Boss and will get back to you.

            Because my wife teaches and our kids are still in school, we always pay through the noses. Prior to her teaching and before the kids started school, we used to love Fripp Island, SC in May and Cape Cod in September.

            "God is great. Beer is good. People are crazy."
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
              • 28k Posts
              • 6k Reputation
              DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
              #6

              I live in Ohio John. But in a few years I'm going to move. The older you get, the less fun cold weather is. NC is an option, as is Pensacola, FL. I want to live near a base to better use my retired military benefits. Closest thing here is a little Coast Guard Exchange off of Puritas Ave. Nearest large base is Wright Patterson AFB near Dayton (190 miles). Hope you enjoy your vacation.

              "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
              C Kosar_For_PresidentK 2 Replies Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

                I live in Ohio John. But in a few years I'm going to move. The older you get, the less fun cold weather is. NC is an option, as is Pensacola, FL. I want to live near a base to better use my retired military benefits. Closest thing here is a little Coast Guard Exchange off of Puritas Ave. Nearest large base is Wright Patterson AFB near Dayton (190 miles). Hope you enjoy your vacation.

                Chicopee John C
                • 2k Posts
                • 104 Reputation
                C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @diehardbrownsfan said:

                I live in Ohio John.

                Sorry to hear that, Die.

                Perhaps it is your military background that made me think you might live around the DC, VA, NC area.

                Best wishes.

                "God is great. Beer is good. People are crazy."
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

                  I live in Ohio John. But in a few years I'm going to move. The older you get, the less fun cold weather is. NC is an option, as is Pensacola, FL. I want to live near a base to better use my retired military benefits. Closest thing here is a little Coast Guard Exchange off of Puritas Ave. Nearest large base is Wright Patterson AFB near Dayton (190 miles). Hope you enjoy your vacation.

                  Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
                  • 6k Posts
                  • 221 Reputation
                  Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by Kosar_For_President
                  #8

                  @diehardbrownsfan said:

                  I live in Ohio John. But in a few years I'm going to move. The older you get, the less fun cold weather is. NC is an option, as is Pensacola, FL. I want to live near a base to better use my retired military benefits. Closest thing here is a little Coast Guard Exchange off of Puritas Ave. Nearest large base is Wright Patterson AFB near Dayton (190 miles). Hope you enjoy your vacation.

                  That's the way to go man, warmer weather. After 2 car accidents I wake up and walk like Frankenstein for 30 minutes in this cold here. Don't blame you. Check out Greenville, SC too. KSHutch lives there and she loves it.

                  Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply

                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                  Register Login
                  Reply
                  • Reply as topic
                  Log in to reply
                  • Oldest to Newest
                  • Newest to Oldest
                  • Most Votes


                  Theme
                  • System
                  • Light
                  • Dark
                  The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                  The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                  • First post
                    Last post
                  0
                  • Forums
                  • Recent
                  • Popular
                  • Users
                  • Donate