Skip to content

George Kokinis Reaches Resolution

The Browns Board
2 2 674
  • CLEVELAND -- Fired Cleveland Browns general manager George Kokinis has resolved his grievance with the team.

    The NFL issued a two-sentence statement through the Browns saying the grievance had been amicably resolved.

    The terms were confidential.

    Kokinis was dismissed by the Browns on Nov. 2. He was seeking more than $4 million in compensation and damages.

    Kokinis, who previously worked in Baltimore, claimed the Browns fraudulently induced him to join the team under the representation that he would have control over all player personnel matters and report directly to owner Randy Lerner.

    The Browns have since hired Tom Heckert as their new GM.

    This is barely newsworthy. But, hell, I thought I'd share it anyway.

  • CLEVELAND -- Fired Cleveland Browns general manager George Kokinis has resolved his grievance with the team.

    The NFL issued a two-sentence statement through the Browns saying the grievance had been amicably resolved.

    The terms were confidential.

    Kokinis was dismissed by the Browns on Nov. 2. He was seeking more than $4 million in compensation and damages.

    Kokinis, who previously worked in Baltimore, claimed the Browns fraudulently induced him to join the team under the representation that he would have control over all player personnel matters and report directly to owner Randy Lerner.

    The Browns have since hired Tom Heckert as their new GM.

    This is barely newsworthy. But, hell, I thought I'd share it anyway.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    This is barely newsworthy. But, hell, I thought I'd share it anyway.

    I'm glad the Greek boy from CT took some of Lerner Jr's (Dad's) money.