Skip to content

Just a Thought

The Browns Board
26 12 2.5k
  • I just think that Mancuso is jealous of Vonn, and they aren't the best of friends. Mancuso did however, quickly ask if Vonn was alright when she

    was flagged to stop. I don't get why she wasn't allowed to just continue. She blamed her teammate for getting so much attention, is what I meant.

    *****************************

    (from the Washington post)

    ..."They are not close, and Mancuso recently complained in an interview with Sports Illustrated about the team dynamic created by all the attention paid to Vonn -- both in public and within the team's structure.

    "Our team is struggling, as a group," Mancuso told SI. "People are having a hard time reaching their potential because it's such a struggle for attention. You come to meetings after races and it's like it's a bad day if Lindsey didn't do well."

    Vonn addressed the comments after her crash.

    "I try to support Julia as much as I support all the other teammates," Vonn said. "I've been racing with Julia since I was a little kid. Yes, we're competitors, but I always support her. It definitely has hurt me that she's said some negative things about me.

  • You have no imagination, Cal. John

    ***************************

    Hey, I do so. I make stuff up all the time. 😎

  • Based on their Mark Schlereth sized skulls and their wide shoulders, I think they would only agree to a wrestling match if it were held in a swimming pool filled with vanilla protien shake. I mean Vonn's neck and skull are enormous. PLus, Vonn would have to give us an injury update every hour on the hour and I can't take that anymore.

    Am I the only one who doesn't think these skiers are hot? Vonn resembles Triple-H and Julia is alright but is still bulky enough to box out Shaq. I would take almost any one of the female speed skaters over these two mountains any day. Or even a few of those snow boarders. Or now that i know they exist, the Russian curling team.

    This brings me to an interesting point. Each Olympics, winter or summer I develope a "crush". This has been happening evr since the gymnast Tatiana Gutsu competed in the summer olympics when I was about 10. This year, its Allison Baver.

    spin-baver.jpg

    @mopaji said:

    This year, its Allison Baver.

    Yup, she being a PSU grad and all, I can go for that... 🙂

    spin-baver.jpg

  • I don't care if she reads at a 3rd grade level, she wears the hell out of a speed suit! Too bad they have that ass-pad. I was really hoping that was real. Oh well. Its no different than Latin America where everyone has fake breasts AND fake arses.

  • It's funny cuz while I was watching the games I kept thinking that poor Mancuso gets no love whatsoever. The media picked one and they chose the blondie, although Mancuso may be hotter if you think about it.

    Both those chicks are a serious piece, I think they need to make up and treat each other right for a night.

  • It's funny cuz while I was watching the games I kept thinking that poor Mancuso gets no love whatsoever. The media picked one and they chose the blondie, although Mancuso may be hotter if you think about it.

    Both those chicks are a serious piece, I think they need to make up and treat each other right for a night.

    @riffer-x said:

    It's funny cuz while I was watching the games I kept thinking that poor Mancuso gets no love whatsoever. The media picked one and they chose the blondie, although Mancuso may be hotter if you think about it.

    Both those chicks are a serious piece, I think they need to make up and treat each other right for a night.

    Give some of that rich imagination to Cal.

  • Based on their Mark Schlereth sized skulls and their wide shoulders, I think they would only agree to a wrestling match if it were held in a swimming pool filled with vanilla protien shake. I mean Vonn's neck and skull are enormous. PLus, Vonn would have to give us an injury update every hour on the hour and I can't take that anymore.

    Am I the only one who doesn't think these skiers are hot? Vonn resembles Triple-H and Julia is alright but is still bulky enough to box out Shaq. I would take almost any one of the female speed skaters over these two mountains any day. Or even a few of those snow boarders. Or now that i know they exist, the Russian curling team.

    This brings me to an interesting point. Each Olympics, winter or summer I develope a "crush". This has been happening evr since the gymnast Tatiana Gutsu competed in the summer olympics when I was about 10. This year, its Allison Baver.

    spin-baver.jpg

    @mopaji said:

    Based on their Mark Schlereth sized skulls and their wide shoulders, I think they would only agree to a wrestling match if it were held in a swimming pool filled with vanilla protien shake. I mean Vonn's neck and skull are enormous. PLus, Vonn would have to give us an injury update every hour on the hour and I can't take that anymore.

    Am I the only one who doesn't think these skiers are hot? Vonn resembles Triple-H and Julia is alright but is still bulky enough to box out Shaq. I would take almost any one of the female speed skaters over these two mountains any day. Or even a few of those snow boarders. Or now that i know they exist, the Russian curling team.

    This brings me to an interesting point. Each Olympics, winter or summer I develope a "crush". This has been happening evr since the gymnast Tatiana Gutsu competed in the summer olympics when I was about 10. This year, its Allison Baver.

    spin-baver.jpg

    Although I do agree with you about Baver, I have to question your taste a bit. Have you not seen the Vonn or Mancuso bikini shots? Wow!

  • @mopaji said:

    Based on their Mark Schlereth sized skulls and their wide shoulders, I think they would only agree to a wrestling match if it were held in a swimming pool filled with vanilla protien shake. I mean Vonn's neck and skull are enormous. PLus, Vonn would have to give us an injury update every hour on the hour and I can't take that anymore.

    Am I the only one who doesn't think these skiers are hot? Vonn resembles Triple-H and Julia is alright but is still bulky enough to box out Shaq. I would take almost any one of the female speed skaters over these two mountains any day. Or even a few of those snow boarders. Or now that i know they exist, the Russian curling team.

    This brings me to an interesting point. Each Olympics, winter or summer I develope a "crush". This has been happening evr since the gymnast Tatiana Gutsu competed in the summer olympics when I was about 10. This year, its Allison Baver.

    spin-baver.jpg

    Although I do agree with you about Baver, I have to question your taste a bit. Have you not seen the Vonn or Mancuso bikini shots? Wow!

    @lcdawgfan13 said:

    Although I do agree with you about Baver, I have to question your taste a bit. Have you not seen the Vonn or Mancuso bikini shots? Wow!

    I'm sure they have banging bodies but I just can't get past those enormous domes of theirs. Their heads and necks are as big as Jared Allen's. They're like really tall Mongoloids!

    Your post leads me to another point. These female atheletes beg to be treated with respect and dignity equal to the men and then they turn around and do all sorts of photo shoots in very little clothing or at least in suggestive poses. The Vonn SI cover for instance. A profile shot of her doggy style with a big ol' smile on her face. And Danica, tennis players, surfers, and even my girl Allison. The only thing missing from some of these shots is a Donkey and an assorted basket of fruit!

    Now, don't get me wrong; when it comes to these women and their clothes; less is more everytime. But don't go crying about being treated like sex symbols instead of legit atheletes and then pose in your bikini bottoms with your medals covering your feeders. And you mean to tell me these volleybll players can't be as effective in a pair of shorts and a T-shirt? C'mon girls!

    But again, less is always more.

  • 20090722sosjuliamancuso.jpg

    man, she's hot!!!

    @miktoxic said:

    20090722sosjuliamancuso.jpg

    man, she's hot!!!

    I agree, I sure wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating sardines.

  • I saw Nadia and Bart Connor speak before at a banquet here in Akron. That was about 12 years ago but she was still a piece. Connor and her are married.

  • @chicopee-john said:

    We all know that SI started its Swimsuit issues because of the 'dead zone' between the Super Bowl and March Madness/MLB.

    This year, we got a bone or two by watching the likes of Lindsey Vonn and Julia Mancuso shimmy down the slopes in Vancouver.

    Now, we read about a fued between these two US Olympians.

    Here is a suggestion to bridge the gap between the end of the Olympics and March Madness/MLB:

    Lindsey and Julia jump into a big tub of jello and they fight to the finish.

    Any takers??

    That is so barbaric...unless there is a referee in there with them! I'd like to nominate myself for that job!

    @lcdawgfan13 said:

    That is so barbaric...unless there is a referee in there with them! I'd like to nominate myself for that job!

    I'm a high school Wrestling official. If anybody should ref it should be me