Skip to content

Browns very active in trade talks

The Browns Board
11 8 1.1k
  • sweet, it will be excited times keeping up with all the news and then the draft!

  • I would hate too see him go, one of the best NT in the leauge, IMO.

  • I would hate too see him go, one of the best NT in the leauge, IMO.

    @erie-dawg said:

    I would hate too see him go, one of the best NT in the leauge, IMO.

    I don't want to see him go either but this makes it sound like the coaching staff liked having Rubin in there when Rogers went down.

  • I would hate too see him go, one of the best NT in the leauge, IMO.

    @erie-dawg said:

    I would hate too see him go, one of the best NT in the leauge, IMO.
    i'd like to see Rogers play for a winner, he's too good to middle around with this rebuilding effort

    i hope we get some decent value for him

  • @erie-dawg said:

    I would hate too see him go, one of the best NT in the leauge, IMO.

    I don't want to see him go either but this makes it sound like the coaching staff liked having Rubin in there when Rogers went down.

    @next2nothing said:

    I don't want to see him go either but this makes it sound like the coaching staff liked having Rubin in there when Rogers went down.

    Maybe they coaching staff caught some wind from the training staff that his broken leg isn't healing up good enough at this point... I don't know just speculating.... there has to be a reason.

    I still think you need a stud back up NT in the 3-4.

  • I think the browns brought him in to win but they see that isnt gonna happen soon. So before he gets soo old and loses his value lets trade him and recoup some players or/and picks.

  • @next2nothing said:

    I don't want to see him go either but this makes it sound like the coaching staff liked having Rubin in there when Rogers went down.

    Maybe they coaching staff caught some wind from the training staff that his broken leg isn't healing up good enough at this point... I don't know just speculating.... there has to be a reason.

    I still think you need a stud back up NT in the 3-4.

    @erie-dawg said:

    Maybe they coaching staff caught some wind from the training staff that his broken leg isn't healing up good enough at this point... I don't know just speculating.... there has to be a reason.

    I still think you need a stud back up NT in the 3-4.

    Also have to take his age into account. I hope if he gets traded that we get something pretty good out of it.

    I'm pretty much going to back up anything this FO does at this point in time because it's the first time I've been really excited about our front office. I got excited about the deals Savage pulled off then realized too late how much he really gave up for them. But this is really the first time I'm trusting in whatever this FO does.

  • Well, shut my mouth.

    I wouldn't have thunk it tough. What if Rubin gets hurt, God forbid, and Rogers is gone?

    But, this Browns org is now a high class very smart, complete outfit that will make the right decisions.

    I do hope Rogers, if he does get traded, gets a super bowl ring before he retires.

    rather have him stay.

  • Rogers has been an awesome player but its really time for us to look at actually rebuilding our team with good young talent instead of turning over our roster with older talent. Rogers really does deserve to be on a playoff winning team for the punishement he has recieved going from the Lions to the Browns!!!!!!

  • IF you trade Rogers you've got to make sure you get value for him. No sense in moving a player who's very talented and not getting anywhere near the value for him. As it stands, you won't get equal talent regardless. I don't want picks for this guy unless we are talking a higher first round and i cannot see many/any teams being willing to do that.

    The only way i move Rogers is for an impact player or a high first round pick...but thats me.