Skip to content

Tony Pashos?

The Browns Board
20 14 1.7k
  • The only thing I remember about Pashos when he came out was he looked like he had lead shoes when he played.

    He made Paul Zukaskis look pretty nimble.

    But, footwork can improve with experience, so he is still around and a player we deemed we wanted.

  • he's a horrible LT but its a good thing ours is one of if not the best in the game

    he was pretty decent at RT for SF alot better then anybody we have right now

  • I've always heard him referred to as an average, serviceable RT who will give you adequate NFL RT performance.

  • This is good. Solidify the right side of the line... now it's time to get at least one more good hands receiver and whoever plays QB this next year will actually have something to work with.

  • hey, at least we made a move. any starter upgrade or backup upgrade to either line makes me think that our front office knows what they're doing. build from the center out. just like in baseball.

  • hey, at least we made a move. any starter upgrade or backup upgrade to either line makes me think that our front office knows what they're doing. build from the center out. just like in baseball.

    @miktoxic said:

    hey, at least we made a move. any starter upgrade or backup upgrade to either line makes me think that our front office knows what they're doing. build from the center out. just like in baseball.

    That comment at least gives me some hope you are somewhat intelligent....even if RT isn't really up the middle.....but it is up the middle compared to WR....so I will take it for what you meant.

    I still think we need to address OL in the draft if the right guys are available close enough to our draft position to not call it a reach.

  • @miktoxic said:

    hey, at least we made a move. any starter upgrade or backup upgrade to either line makes me think that our front office knows what they're doing. build from the center out. just like in baseball.

    That comment at least gives me some hope you are somewhat intelligent....even if RT isn't really up the middle.....but it is up the middle compared to WR....so I will take it for what you meant.

    I still think we need to address OL in the draft if the right guys are available close enough to our draft position to not call it a reach.

    @ballpeen said:

    That comment at least gives me some hope you are somewhat intelligent....even if RT isn't really up the middle.....but it is up the middle compared to WR....so I will take it for what you meant.

    I still think we need to address OL in the draft if the right guys are available close enough to our draft position to not call it a reach.

    It looks like we're doing what the Eagle's do. Sign role players for depth, draft skill players early, and take project/depth in the late rounds. Heckert has shown he can do it. This should get exciting.

  • The only thing I remember about Pashos when he came out was he looked like he had lead shoes when he played.

    He made Paul Zukaskis look pretty nimble.

    But, footwork can improve with experience, so he is still around and a player we deemed we wanted.

    @ballpeen said:

    The only thing I remember about Pashos when he came out was he looked like he had lead shoes when he played.

    He made Paul Zukaskis look pretty nimble.

    But, footwork can improve with experience, so he is still around and a player we deemed we wanted.

    He's known as a good run blocker that can struggle in pass protection.

  • @miktoxic said:

    hey, at least we made a move. any starter upgrade or backup upgrade to either line makes me think that our front office knows what they're doing. build from the center out. just like in baseball.

    That comment at least gives me some hope you are somewhat intelligent....even if RT isn't really up the middle.....but it is up the middle compared to WR....so I will take it for what you meant.

    I still think we need to address OL in the draft if the right guys are available close enough to our draft position to not call it a reach.

    @ballpeen said:

    That comment at least gives me some hope you are somewhat intelligent....even if RT isn't really up the middle.....but it is up the middle compared to WR....so I will take it for what you meant.

    I still think we need to address OL in the draft if the right guys are available close enough to our draft position to not call it a reach.

    Peen, the RT position killed us with ineffectiveness and penalties last year. This is a sorely needed upgrade. Pashos can also play guard.

  • Why didnt we pick this guy up last season when he was cut by the Jags before the season began? Im thinkin this move was FO all the way, wonder if Mangini likes it?

  • Why didnt we pick this guy up last season when he was cut by the Jags before the season began? Im thinkin this move was FO all the way, wonder if Mangini likes it?

    @ithika said:

    Why didnt we pick this guy up last season when he was cut by the Jags before the season began? Im thinkin this move was FO all the way, wonder if Mangini likes it?

    because we signed St.Claire

  • @ballpeen said:

    That comment at least gives me some hope you are somewhat intelligent....even if RT isn't really up the middle.....but it is up the middle compared to WR....so I will take it for what you meant.

    I still think we need to address OL in the draft if the right guys are available close enough to our draft position to not call it a reach.

    Peen, the RT position killed us with ineffectiveness and penalties last year. This is a sorely needed upgrade. Pashos can also play guard.

    @earl34 said:

    Peen, the RT position killed us with ineffectiveness and penalties last year. This is a sorely needed upgrade. Pashos can also play guard.

    Don't get me wrong. I am glad we did something and recognize we made a upgrade....I just don't think it is all that great of an upgrade. I think Schaffer was better than Pashos.

    It's as good a fix as FA allows. You can't do any better than that.

    Now we have to see what the draft might bring.

  • i think it more than anything else, buys a rookie some time to develop...so we dont have to throw him to the wolves.

  • @earl34 said:

    Peen, the RT position killed us with ineffectiveness and penalties last year. This is a sorely needed upgrade. Pashos can also play guard.

    Don't get me wrong. I am glad we did something and recognize we made a upgrade....I just don't think it is all that great of an upgrade. I think Schaffer was better than Pashos.

    It's as good a fix as FA allows. You can't do any better than that.

    Now we have to see what the draft might bring.

    @ballpeen said:

    Don't get me wrong. I am glad we did something and recognize we made a upgrade....I just don't think it is all that great of an upgrade. I think Schaffer was better than Pashos.

    It's as good a fix as FA allows. You can't do any better than that.

    Now we have to see what the draft might bring.

    Upgrade? I don't know.......

    I visited the 49ers forum and they are far from up in arms that he's gone, there wasn't even a thread on the first 3 pages.

    So I'm not to convinced that we have something here. 😒

  • @ballpeen said:

    Don't get me wrong. I am glad we did something and recognize we made a upgrade....I just don't think it is all that great of an upgrade. I think Schaffer was better than Pashos.

    It's as good a fix as FA allows. You can't do any better than that.

    Now we have to see what the draft might bring.

    Upgrade? I don't know.......

    I visited the 49ers forum and they are far from up in arms that he's gone, there wasn't even a thread on the first 3 pages.

    So I'm not to convinced that we have something here. 😒

    @erie-dawg said:

    Upgrade? I don't know.......

    I visited the 49ers forum and they are far from up in arms that he's gone, there wasn't even a thread on the first 3 pages.

    So I'm not to convinced that we have something here. 😒

    Well, we have something...we just don't know what.

    Upgrade means better, right?? I think Pashos is better than St Claire, so we upgraded. That doesn't mean it is going to be a great fix.

    As mentioned earlier...there wasn't much to choose from this year, so we did about as well as we could expect.

    Where we pick and the way guys line up on value boards, I don't know if we are going to be able to get much in the way of a RT through the draft. Probably the best we will be able to do is snag one of the top guards.

    I guess you can't fix everything with one draft, so the tackle may have to wait until next year when we are picking in the early 20's....usually lots of RT prospects in that area of the draft.