Skip to content

Fujita signed...

The Browns Board
79 34 6.3k
  • @jb32goat said:

    Jackson leaving is the last thing we need

    just makes another hole at ILB

    I think we have the depth that we can afford to lose him for a second round pick. You can find good ILB's in the 4th and 5th rounds if needed, then you can use that 2nd rd. pick to address another position

    nmills said:

    I think we have the depth that we can afford to lose him for a second round pick. You can find good ILB's in the 4th and 5th rounds if needed, then you can use that 2nd rd. pick to address another position

    I am not so sure I would be completely willing to give up on Jackson yet. I still think he has the potential to be a good ILB for us. Now "potential" is a dangerous word! Anyone who has coached or has been around any sort of athletics knows alot of potentially great athletes that just never reached the ability everyone thought they had. So I would side with the camp that would keep Jackson and give him a chance to play healthy and see if he can reach his potential!

  • @jb32goat said:

    Jackson leaving is the last thing we need

    just makes another hole at ILB

    I think we have the depth that we can afford to lose him for a second round pick. You can find good ILB's in the 4th and 5th rounds if needed, then you can use that 2nd rd. pick to address another position

    nmills said:

    I think we have the depth that we can afford to lose him for a second round pick. You can find good ILB's in the 4th and 5th rounds if needed , then you can use that 2nd rd. pick to address another position

    🙄

    why make another hole? why not use that pick to fill a diffrent hole on top of losing our best LB (yes he is better then Roth who played great a whole 5 games, Jacksons been great since he was drafted)

  • Roths definitely gonna start on the outside in my opinion. I think Fujitas going to be our run-stopping ILB.

    Big guy, 6'5", 250, and Heckert said he can play either. I like the pick up, SMART move

    Wimbley, Jackson, Fujita, and Roth would be a great group of starters. Our linebacking corps looks pretty solid. The secondary is by far our biggest problem, er... besides QB anyway.

    Eric Berry would be fantasic!... Im keepin hope alive, i hope he falls. Haden worried me wih his forty time. I usually dont pay attention to that crap but over 2.5...cmon buddy, they have months to get ready. they know the drills

  • *4.5

  • Roths definitely gonna start on the outside in my opinion. I think Fujitas going to be our run-stopping ILB.

    Big guy, 6'5", 250, and Heckert said he can play either. I like the pick up, SMART move

    Wimbley, Jackson, Fujita, and Roth would be a great group of starters. Our linebacking corps looks pretty solid. The secondary is by far our biggest problem, er... besides QB anyway.

    Eric Berry would be fantasic!... Im keepin hope alive, i hope he falls. Haden worried me wih his forty time. I usually dont pay attention to that crap but over 2.5...cmon buddy, they have months to get ready. they know the drills

    @jrex223 said:

    Roths definitely gonna start on the outside in my opinion. I think Fujitas going to be our run-stopping ILB.

    Big guy, 6'5", 250, and Heckert said he can play either. I like the pick up, SMART move

    Wimbley, Jackson, Fujita, and Roth would be a great group of starters. Our linebacking corps looks pretty solid. The secondary is by far our biggest problem, er... besides QB anyway.

    Eric Berry would be fantasic!... Im keepin hope alive, i hope he falls. Haden worried me wih his forty time. I usually dont pay attention to that crap but over 2.5...cmon buddy, they have months to get ready. they know the drills

    Don't get me wrong, i am not a big Joe Haden fan at all, truthfully don't really think he is the guy. But, many analyst have stated that his technique was horrible out of the gate when running his 40, and when you are talking tenths of a second that surely can make a huge difference. My worry with Hadden is the talk of him and how stiff he was during drills, if he is that tightly wound for the combine just what is he going to be like lining up opposite some of the recievers in just our division alone.

    I think Roth showed alot in the role he played last year, I would want to see the same continue through camp before I commited to starting him.

    As for Berry, I would be more than a little giddy if he fell to us at #7, He is IMO the biggest immediate impact player in the draft. You better have them laced up tight when he unloads on you!

  • yeah...lol, you see his hit on Moreno?... Ooooh Weeee

  • nmills said:

    I think we have the depth that we can afford to lose him for a second round pick. You can find good ILB's in the 4th and 5th rounds if needed , then you can use that 2nd rd. pick to address another position

    🙄

    why make another hole? why not use that pick to fill a diffrent hole on top of losing our best LB (yes he is better then Roth who played great a whole 5 games, Jacksons been great since he was drafted)

    @jb32goat said:

    🙄

    why make another hole? why not use that pick to fill a diffrent hole on top of losing our best LB (yes he is better then Roth who played great a whole 5 games, Jacksons been great since he was drafted)

    Because I dont think its a significant drop off from Jackson to Barton, Fujita, Maiva. Sure Jackson might be a little better but I'l take a slight dropoff at ILB to pick up a extra 2nd round pick to draft a CB or S. CB's are on a island every play so if there bad you'll get exposed like we have. LB's weaknesses can be hidden in schemes and stunts. JMO

  • @jb32goat said:

    🙄

    why make another hole? why not use that pick to fill a diffrent hole on top of losing our best LB (yes he is better then Roth who played great a whole 5 games, Jacksons been great since he was drafted)

    Because I dont think its a significant drop off from Jackson to Barton, Fujita, Maiva. Sure Jackson might be a little better but I'l take a slight dropoff at ILB to pick up a extra 2nd round pick to draft a CB or S. CB's are on a island every play so if there bad you'll get exposed like we have. LB's weaknesses can be hidden in schemes and stunts. JMO

    nmills said:

    Because I dont think its a significant drop off from Jackson to Barton, Fujita, Maiva. Sure Jackson might be a little better but I'l take a slight dropoff at ILB to pick up a extra 2nd round pick to draft a CB or S. CB's are on a island every play so if there bad you'll get exposed like we have. LB's weaknesses can be hidden in schemes and stunts. JMO

    LOL oh boy thanks for the laughs

    do the steelers have a great secondary? no they do their damage with their front 7

    how about balitmore? Indy? Jets? Eagles?

    the Front 7 wins games, not secondary

  • @jb32goat said:

    🙄

    why make another hole? why not use that pick to fill a diffrent hole on top of losing our best LB (yes he is better then Roth who played great a whole 5 games, Jacksons been great since he was drafted)

    Because I dont think its a significant drop off from Jackson to Barton, Fujita, Maiva. Sure Jackson might be a little better but I'l take a slight dropoff at ILB to pick up a extra 2nd round pick to draft a CB or S. CB's are on a island every play so if there bad you'll get exposed like we have. LB's weaknesses can be hidden in schemes and stunts. JMO

    nmills said:

    Because I dont think its a significant drop off from Jackson to Barton, Fujita, Maiva. Sure Jackson might be a little better but I'l take a slight dropoff at ILB to pick up a extra 2nd round pick to draft a CB or S. CB's are on a island every play so if there bad you'll get exposed like we have. LB's weaknesses can be hidden in schemes and stunts. JMO

    CB's are on island, but that island can have a whole different look depending on the job of your front! It can either mean you are on vacation in paradise or stranded and LOST! If you can get pressure on the QB your CB's have less time to cover and can make plays easier. Take the Jets philosophy when they signed Cromartie, they said basically with the pressure they can put on a QB, their Corners only have to lockdown for 2-3 seconds rather than try to cover a reciever all over the field. So IMO you start improving your secondary by making your line good and build it with players stout against the run and able to quickly get pressure on the QB from the ends.

  • oh, lets get rid of the guy that has led our team in tackles for 3 straight years, (not including last year). Some Browns fans just dont get it, I've heard too many assnine statement lately.

    Maiava?... are you serious?...

    Thats a Gigantic drop-off

  • oh, lets get rid of the guy that has led our team in tackles for 3 straight years, (not including last year). Some Browns fans just dont get it, I've heard too many assnine statement lately.

    Maiava?... are you serious?...

    Thats a Gigantic drop-off

    @jrex223 said:

    oh, lets get rid of the guy that has led our team in tackles for 3 straight years, (not including last year). Some Browns fans just dont get it, I've heard too many assnine statement lately.

    Maiava?... are you serious?...

    Thats a Gigantic drop-off

    bu...bu....but we would get an unknown, unproven player with that 2nd round pick 🙄

  • nmills said:

    Because I dont think its a significant drop off from Jackson to Barton, Fujita, Maiva. Sure Jackson might be a little better but I'l take a slight dropoff at ILB to pick up a extra 2nd round pick to draft a CB or S. CB's are on a island every play so if there bad you'll get exposed like we have. LB's weaknesses can be hidden in schemes and stunts. JMO

    CB's are on island, but that island can have a whole different look depending on the job of your front! It can either mean you are on vacation in paradise or stranded and LOST! If you can get pressure on the QB your CB's have less time to cover and can make plays easier. Take the Jets philosophy when they signed Cromartie, they said basically with the pressure they can put on a QB, their Corners only have to lockdown for 2-3 seconds rather than try to cover a reciever all over the field. So IMO you start improving your secondary by making your line good and build it with players stout against the run and able to quickly get pressure on the QB from the ends.

    @atfd30 said:

    CB's are on island, but that island can have a whole different look depending on the job of your front! It can either mean you are on vacation in paradise or stranded and LOST! If you can get pressure on the QB your CB's have less time to cover and can make plays easier. Take the Jets philosophy when they signed Cromartie, they said basically with the pressure they can put on a QB, their Corners only have to lockdown for 2-3 seconds rather than try to cover a reciever all over the field. So IMO you start improving your secondary by making your line good and build it with players stout against the run and able to quickly get pressure on the QB from the ends.

    I'd agree with some of that but Rex Ryans philosophy is to send more players than they can block. In order to do that you have to have corners that can cover man to man. Revis is probably the best in the game and Cromartie is a damn good #2. When you dont have to use LB's to help in pass coverage it makes it alot easier to stop the run and get pressure on the QB

  • I don't really believe that Maiava was ever meant to start beyond special teams. That said, I think that a "BIG SPLASH" is still to come. I smell a trade.

  • oh, lets get rid of the guy that has led our team in tackles for 3 straight years, (not including last year). Some Browns fans just dont get it, I've heard too many assnine statement lately.

    Maiava?... are you serious?...

    Thats a Gigantic drop-off

    @jrex223 said:

    oh, lets get rid of the guy that has led our team in tackles for 3 straight years, (not including last year). Some Browns fans just dont get it, I've heard too many assnine statement lately.

    Maiava?... are you serious?...

    Thats a Gigantic drop-off

    Andra Davis led us in tackles every year to, thats not saying much

  • We absolutely need to keep Jackson. He lets us have a solid LB corp and move on to other needs in the draft. If he goes thats just one more thing the browns will have to worry about.

  • I don't really believe that Maiava was ever meant to start beyond special teams. That said, I think that a "BIG SPLASH" is still to come. I smell a trade.

    @earl34 said:

    I don't really believe that Maiava was ever meant to start beyond special teams. That said, I think that a "BIG SPLASH" is still to come. I smell a trade.

    I think it will be on draft day.

  • @jrex223 said:

    oh, lets get rid of the guy that has led our team in tackles for 3 straight years, (not including last year). Some Browns fans just dont get it, I've heard too many assnine statement lately.

    Maiava?... are you serious?...

    Thats a Gigantic drop-off

    Andra Davis led us in tackles every year to, thats not saying much

    nmills said:

    Andra Davis led us in tackles every year to, thats not saying much

    *Buzzer Sound*

    wrong

    he only did it twice in the 7 years he was here

    dont go making up lies, your only digging a deeper hole then your already in

  • its not lke our defensive production suffered without jackson.....we actually got better....

    lets not over-value him....bowens played better outta place.

    another second would be a blessing.

  • its not lke our defensive production suffered without jackson.....we actually got better....

    lets not over-value him....bowens played better outta place.

    another second would be a blessing.

    @choco said:

    its not lke our defensive production suffered without jackson.....we actually got better....

    lets not over-value him....bowens played better outta place.

    another second would be a blessing.[/quote]

    we were giving up 126 rushing YPG with DJ

    without him.............163

    all another 2nd does is put an unproven unknown player on the team its not a blessing

    sounds like you under-value him and show your clueless

  • its not lke our defensive production suffered without jackson.....we actually got better....

    lets not over-value him....bowens played better outta place.

    another second would be a blessing.

    @choco said:

    its not lke our defensive production suffered without jackson.....we actually got better....

    We played better without Rogers also. I say trade him for a 2nd.