Things We CAN Do To Improve
-
Remember when McCown was hanging Moss out to dry in Oakland so he just stopped catching the ball?
I call that Moss syndrome.
After all, look what happened to Moss once e got a qb that could it him in stride and didn't hang him out to dry.
I think Edwards has it, after all, most of his drops look like he's trying to brace himself for a hit. Maybe with a little time getting hit in stride and not having to jump up between 2 safeties and a corner to make the catch he'll settle down a little and start making more catches.
Or e really DID slack off the offseason and thought he didn't have to practice because he's a star.
-
Remember when McCown was hanging Moss out to dry in Oakland so he just stopped catching the ball?
I call that Moss syndrome.
After all, look what happened to Moss once e got a qb that could it him in stride and didn't hang him out to dry.
I think Edwards has it, after all, most of his drops look like he's trying to brace himself for a hit. Maybe with a little time getting hit in stride and not having to jump up between 2 safeties and a corner to make the catch he'll settle down a little and start making more catches.
Or e really DID slack off the offseason and thought he didn't have to practice because he's a star.
Remember when McCown was hanging Moss out to dry in Oakland so he just stopped catching the ball?
I call that Moss syndrome.
After all, look what happened to Moss once e got a qb that could it him in stride and didn't hang him out to dry.
I think Edwards has it, after all, most of his drops look like he's trying to brace himself for a hit. Maybe with a little time getting hit in stride and not having to jump up between 2 safeties and a corner to make the catch he'll settle down a little and start making more catches.
Or e really DID slack off the offseason and thought he didn't have to practice because he's a star.
BE's real problem is that he's all hopped up on that 5 hour energy shit.
-
-
Remember when McCown was hanging Moss out to dry in Oakland so he just stopped catching the ball?
I call that Moss syndrome.
After all, look what happened to Moss once e got a qb that could it him in stride and didn't hang him out to dry.
I think Edwards has it, after all, most of his drops look like he's trying to brace himself for a hit. Maybe with a little time getting hit in stride and not having to jump up between 2 safeties and a corner to make the catch he'll settle down a little and start making more catches.
Or e really DID slack off the offseason and thought he didn't have to practice because he's a star.
Remember when McCown was hanging Moss out to dry in Oakland so he just stopped catching the ball?
I call that Moss syndrome.
After all, look what happened to Moss once e got a qb that could it him in stride and didn't hang him out to dry.
I think Edwards has it, after all, most of his drops look like he's trying to brace himself for a hit. Maybe with a little time getting hit in stride and not having to jump up between 2 safeties and a corner to make the catch he'll settle down a little and start making more catches.
Or e really DID slack off the offseason and thought he didn't have to practice because he's a star.
Tob....been saying this for weeks myself. BE's problems are definitely confidence issues...but not in himself. They are confidence issues with the QB...and once he gets confidence in the fact BQ won't get him killed I believe the dropsies go away...and it sure looked like that was coming with 7 straight catches last week (after the poor start).
As for the D...I made mention that they all looked like they were 'breaking down' into classic tackling positions instead of acting instinctively and laying some wood.
Other than Davis and McGinnest our entire back 8 are YOUNG!!!
Jackson, Williams, Wimbley, Hall, Wright, McDonald, Bell all have 3 or less years of experience. Even our EXPERIENCED guys (Jones, Pool, Adams) have 5 or less years.
What this tells me is that they are OVER COACHING technique. Early in the year we were tackling well...but getting burned by the big play. Basically we were over-pursuing and out of position on occasion. Instincts can do that to you. Now, they have harped on breaking down into proper technique so much that the players are THINKING about tackling and are being left flat footed.
They need to get back to flying around and hitting people. Give up the occasional big play, so what. I prefer that over getting embarrass backing up and arm tackling because they are too busy thinking to make the play!!!
-
Remember when McCown was hanging Moss out to dry in Oakland so he just stopped catching the ball?
I call that Moss syndrome.
After all, look what happened to Moss once e got a qb that could it him in stride and didn't hang him out to dry.
I think Edwards has it, after all, most of his drops look like he's trying to brace himself for a hit. Maybe with a little time getting hit in stride and not having to jump up between 2 safeties and a corner to make the catch he'll settle down a little and start making more catches.
Or e really DID slack off the offseason and thought he didn't have to practice because he's a star.
Tob....been saying this for weeks myself. BE's problems are definitely confidence issues...but not in himself. They are confidence issues with the QB...and once he gets confidence in the fact BQ won't get him killed I believe the dropsies go away...and it sure looked like that was coming with 7 straight catches last week (after the poor start).
As for the D...I made mention that they all looked like they were 'breaking down' into classic tackling positions instead of acting instinctively and laying some wood.
Other than Davis and McGinnest our entire back 8 are YOUNG!!!
Jackson, Williams, Wimbley, Hall, Wright, McDonald, Bell all have 3 or less years of experience. Even our EXPERIENCED guys (Jones, Pool, Adams) have 5 or less years.
What this tells me is that they are OVER COACHING technique. Early in the year we were tackling well...but getting burned by the big play. Basically we were over-pursuing and out of position on occasion. Instincts can do that to you. Now, they have harped on breaking down into proper technique so much that the players are THINKING about tackling and are being left flat footed.
They need to get back to flying around and hitting people. Give up the occasional big play, so what. I prefer that over getting embarrass backing up and arm tackling because they are too busy thinking to make the play!!!
Tob....been saying this for weeks myself. BE's problems are definitely confidence issues...but not in himself. They are confidence issues with the QB...and once he gets confidence in the fact BQ won't get him killed I believe the dropsies go away...and it sure looked like that was coming with 7 straight catches last week (after the poor start).
As for the D...I made mention that they all looked like they were 'breaking down' into classic tackling positions instead of acting instinctively and laying some wood.
Other than Davis and McGinnest our entire back 8 are YOUNG!!!
Jackson, Williams, Wimbley, Hall, Wright, McDonald, Bell all have 3 or less years of experience. Even our EXPERIENCED guys (Jones, Pool, Adams) have 5 or less years.
What this tells me is that they are OVER COACHING technique. Early in the year we were tackling well...but getting burned by the big play. Basically we were over-pursuing and out of position on occasion. Instincts can do that to you. Now, they have harped on breaking down into proper technique so much that the players are THINKING about tackling and are being left flat footed.
They need to get back to flying around and hitting people. Give up the occasional big play, so what. I prefer that over getting embarrass backing up and arm tackling because they are too busy thinking to make the play!!!
Hell Id start wimbley at ILB...Jackson isn't that good, Davis is a never was....Mcginest,hall on the outside and rover wimbley in the middle. Would improve our D immediately...till we draft Rey!
-
we are Totally on the same page on this one...."""4. We need BETTER inside blitzes so why NOT consider bringing Alex Hall inside so when can execute a FREAKIN x-stunt. It's outrageous that we can ONLY blitz DBs from the outside. Denver lit that shit up like a Christmas tree when they weren't having so much fun with their alignments and exposing how poorly we play chess. """
Why we don't blitz up the middle in a 3-4 is absolutely just bad Defensive scheme...to me those up the gut blitzes with Safeties and LB's are what make a 3-4 Dominant. It also free's(sp) up the outside backers....Pitt blitzes up the gut on everybody, that's why Woodley and Harrison are both in top 10 in sacks.
-
we are Totally on the same page on this one...."""4. We need BETTER inside blitzes so why NOT consider bringing Alex Hall inside so when can execute a FREAKIN x-stunt. It's outrageous that we can ONLY blitz DBs from the outside. Denver lit that shit up like a Christmas tree when they weren't having so much fun with their alignments and exposing how poorly we play chess. """
Why we don't blitz up the middle in a 3-4 is absolutely just bad Defensive scheme...to me those up the gut blitzes with Safeties and LB's are what make a 3-4 Dominant. It also free's(sp) up the outside backers....Pitt blitzes up the gut on everybody, that's why Woodley and Harrison are both in top 10 in sacks.
we are Totally on the same page on this one...."""4. We need BETTER inside blitzes so why NOT consider bringing Alex Hall inside so when can execute a FREAKIN x-stunt. It's outrageous that we can ONLY blitz DBs from the outside. Denver lit that shit up like a Christmas tree when they weren't having so much fun with their alignments and exposing how poorly we play chess. """
Why we don't blitz up the middle in a 3-4 is absolutely just bad Defensive scheme...to me those up the gut blitzes with Safeties and LB's are what make a 3-4 Dominant. It also free's(sp) up the outside backers....Pitt blitzes up the gut on everybody, that's why Woodley and Harrison are both in top 10 in sacks.
Are atleast I think so...
-
we are Totally on the same page on this one...."""4. We need BETTER inside blitzes so why NOT consider bringing Alex Hall inside so when can execute a FREAKIN x-stunt. It's outrageous that we can ONLY blitz DBs from the outside. Denver lit that shit up like a Christmas tree when they weren't having so much fun with their alignments and exposing how poorly we play chess. """
Why we don't blitz up the middle in a 3-4 is absolutely just bad Defensive scheme...to me those up the gut blitzes with Safeties and LB's are what make a 3-4 Dominant. It also free's(sp) up the outside backers....Pitt blitzes up the gut on everybody, that's why Woodley and Harrison are both in top 10 in sacks.
we are Totally on the same page on this one...."""4. We need BETTER inside blitzes so why NOT consider bringing Alex Hall inside so when can execute a FREAKIN x-stunt. It's outrageous that we can ONLY blitz DBs from the outside. Denver lit that shit up like a Christmas tree when they weren't having so much fun with their alignments and exposing how poorly we play chess. """
Why we don't blitz up the middle in a 3-4 is absolutely just bad Defensive scheme...to me those up the gut blitzes with Safeties and LB's are what make a 3-4 Dominant. It also free's(sp) up the outside backers....Pitt blitzes up the gut on everybody, that's why Woodley and Harrison are both in top 10 in sacks.
Thanks Solon. You've been bringing up that Jackson isn't cutting it for quite some time now and I'm sad to say I think you're right.
Just some observations over the last 4 weeks. We DID try an X-stunt inside vrs Baltimore and the 208 pound Ray Rice put D'Qwell on his fanny. That's not even a FB or a BIG running back. I think our brass overrated the crap out of Jackson on draft day a few years ago and this Knucklehead (me) was realy excited about that selection at the time. Then all I've done since, is critique him. I thought I agreed with Shep in seeing some improvement early on this year UNTIL I opened my yap and said good point. I've been watching a whole lot of nothing from Jackson and I don't CARE that the stats show he's able to grab ankles in a pile too far down field. We could have kept Wali Rainer for that nonsense.
I don't THINK there's any risk in seeing what Beau Bell has unless he's too injured to play. I've never seen worse ILBing in 40 years of watching this team. BECAUSE we're running a 3-4, it's a concern because that cavity is a bullseye for opposing game plans. Everytime Shaun Rogers is getting oxygen on the sidelines - this REALLY stands out.
- Tom F.
-
we are Totally on the same page on this one...."""4. We need BETTER inside blitzes so why NOT consider bringing Alex Hall inside so when can execute a FREAKIN x-stunt. It's outrageous that we can ONLY blitz DBs from the outside. Denver lit that shit up like a Christmas tree when they weren't having so much fun with their alignments and exposing how poorly we play chess. """
Why we don't blitz up the middle in a 3-4 is absolutely just bad Defensive scheme...to me those up the gut blitzes with Safeties and LB's are what make a 3-4 Dominant. It also free's(sp) up the outside backers....Pitt blitzes up the gut on everybody, that's why Woodley and Harrison are both in top 10 in sacks.
Thanks Solon. You've been bringing up that Jackson isn't cutting it for quite some time now and I'm sad to say I think you're right.
Just some observations over the last 4 weeks. We DID try an X-stunt inside vrs Baltimore and the 208 pound Ray Rice put D'Qwell on his fanny. That's not even a FB or a BIG running back. I think our brass overrated the crap out of Jackson on draft day a few years ago and this Knucklehead (me) was realy excited about that selection at the time. Then all I've done since, is critique him. I thought I agreed with Shep in seeing some improvement early on this year UNTIL I opened my yap and said good point. I've been watching a whole lot of nothing from Jackson and I don't CARE that the stats show he's able to grab ankles in a pile too far down field. We could have kept Wali Rainer for that nonsense.
I don't THINK there's any risk in seeing what Beau Bell has unless he's too injured to play. I've never seen worse ILBing in 40 years of watching this team. BECAUSE we're running a 3-4, it's a concern because that cavity is a bullseye for opposing game plans. Everytime Shaun Rogers is getting oxygen on the sidelines - this REALLY stands out.
- Tom F.
Thanks Solon. You've been bringing up that Jackson isn't cutting it for quite some time now and I'm sad to say I think you're right.
Just some observations over the last 4 weeks. We DID try an X-stunt inside vrs Baltimore and the 208 pound Ray Rice put D'Qwell on his fanny. That's not even a FB or a BIG running back. I think our brass overrated the crap out of Jackson on draft day a few years ago and this Knucklehead (me) was realy excited about that selection at the time. Then all I've done since, is critique him. I thought I agreed with Shep in seeing some improvement early on this year UNTIL I opened my yap and said good point. I've been watching a whole lot of nothing from Jackson and I don't CARE that the stats show he's able to grab ankles in a pile too far down field. We could have kept Wali Rainer for that nonsense.
I don't THINK there's any risk in seeing what Beau Bell has unless he's too injured to play. I've never seen worse ILBing in 40 years of watching this team. BECAUSE we're running a 3-4, it's a concern because that cavity is a bullseye for opposing game plans. Everytime Shaun Rogers is getting oxygen on the sidelines - this REALLY stands out.
- Tom F.
Agreed...worst LB play in years...My hope hope is this...1st year PS brought in a bunch of bodies that knew how to play a 3~4 defense, basically fielded nobodies...stewart was a bust as was just about everyone he brought in...I gave him a pass(so what), After evaluating the team...saw glaring glaring holes on O-line and D-line....set about Upgrading the O-line and eventually did, then set about fixing the D-line and did, I truly believe he'll address this huge LB hole. Along the way we became a top 8 offense(last year) but we are a dangerous team to face.....the two things I really like about Savage is his ability to see his own errors and cut loose players that don't perform and his unafraid approach to making moves in the draft. Maybe cause I'm a super draftnik, but I love a GM that isn't afraid to make moves and take chances. Are you a Rey fan? Obviously I am...
-
Is it me or is this team filled with a bunch of pansies that are afraid to get hit. Take BE and dropping that ball because he put his hand down to break his fall or our defense, as someone else on the board put it, letting someone else make the tackle. These guys are afraid to hit or look like they just dont want to hit. You cant play football and win with that kind of attitude. I swear we have a team filled with a bunch of pansy ass girls.
Is it me or is this team filled with a bunch of pansies that are afraid to get hit. Take BE and dropping that ball because he put his hand down to break his fall or our defense, as someone else on the board put it, letting someone else make the tackle. These guys are afraid to hit or look like they just dont want to hit. You cant play football and win with that kind of attitude. I swear we have a team filled with a bunch of pansy ass girls.
That's what I've been saying all year!!! Jamal Lewis, Josh Cribbs, Lawrence Vickers, Joe Thomas, Shaun Rogers,
KWII, and maybe Quinn and that's it for tough guys on this team. This team played one physcial game all
year and that was against the Giants. Dainty Stallworth, Andra Davis give me a break.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login