Skip to content

Released Cleveland Browns QB Derek Anderson will not have trouble finding a new team

The Browns Board
39 27 4.4k
  • @rich4eagle said:

    Derek Anderson is what he is a big armed QB..................destined for medicocrity. The funny thing about releasing Anderson is what it was, POLITICS. Brady Quinn sucks huge and Anderson is better but it is huge to make the fans believe loser Quinn is real. HE SUCKS. PROVEN IN EVERY BIG GAME HE PLAYED.

    Politics? The Browns desperately wanted DA to be the man, and he failed. As Grossi noted, it cost a few people their jobs.

    He had a great run in 2007, until he died down the stretch (AZ, Cin). His big arm simply never was good enough for basic touch passes most NFL QBs can make. Most Browns fans, including myself, thank DA for a great 2007 season, but he never regained that form.

    Let's see if DA lands in AZ, and can flourish there...he would have fantastic WRs, and a running game. He would be playing in immaculate conditions in Glendale.

    sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @bob806 said:

    Politics? The Browns desperately wanted DA to be the man, and he failed. As Grossi noted, it cost a few people their jobs.He had a great run in 2007, until he died down the stretch (AZ, Cin). His big arm simply never was good enough for basic touch passes most NFL QBs can make. Most Browns fans, including myself, thank DA for a great 2007 season, but he never regained that form.Let's see if DA lands in AZ, and can flourish there...he would have fantastic WRs, and a running game. He would be playing in immaculate conditions in Glendale.

    hey Bob-O. forgive me for being presumptuous, but what can you tell us about Seneca?

    do you know if he is Native American?

  • J jasont44094 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    I think he can start with Buffalo, they aren' in love with Trent Edwards. There qb situation is in terrible trouble.

  • @bob806 said:

    Politics? The Browns desperately wanted DA to be the man, and he failed. As Grossi noted, it cost a few people their jobs.He had a great run in 2007, until he died down the stretch (AZ, Cin). His big arm simply never was good enough for basic touch passes most NFL QBs can make. Most Browns fans, including myself, thank DA for a great 2007 season, but he never regained that form.Let's see if DA lands in AZ, and can flourish there...he would have fantastic WRs, and a running game. He would be playing in immaculate conditions in Glendale.

    hey Bob-O. forgive me for being presumptuous, but what can you tell us about Seneca?

    do you know if he is Native American?

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @sisky-fringo said:

    hey Bob-O. forgive me for being presumptuous, but what can you tell us about Seneca?

    do you know if he is Native American?

    Over my head on that one....

  • @bob806 said:

    He had a great run in 2007, until he died down the stretch (AZ, Cin). His big arm simply never was good enough for basic touch passes most NFL QBs can make.

    you mean like those that quinn throws? under 15 yards and the receiver better have a bulletproof vest. over 15 and you don't have to worry about it. the receiver will be in the end zone while the ball lands listlessly in the first row of the stands off the 20 yard line.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @miktoxic said:

    you mean like those that quinn throws? under 15 yards and the receiver better have a bulletproof vest. over 15 and you don't have to worry about it. the receiver will be in the end zone while the ball lands listlessly in the first row of the stands off the 20 yard line.

    Uh oh, another DA vs. BQ thread...ain't going there.

  • @sisky-fringo said:

    hey Bob-O. forgive me for being presumptuous, but what can you tell us about Seneca?

    do you know if he is Native American?

    Over my head on that one....

    sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @bob806 said:

    Over my head on that one....

    ok, well do you have any interesting anecdotes then? an unremarkable story even?

    or was that just the last avatar available?

  • C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
    #23

    this is Eric Wright's response to what DA had to say about the fans.

    I have no Idea what this means so maybe somebody can enlighten me

    http://twitpic.com/17uo8x

  • @bob806 said:

    Over my head on that one....

    ok, well do you have any interesting anecdotes then? an unremarkable story even?

    or was that just the last avatar available?

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @sisky-fringo said:

    ok, well do you have any interesting anecdotes then? an unremarkable story even?

    or was that just the last avatar available?

    I happen to like that avatar, it was here long before Holmgren came from Seattle. I happen to hate the Seahawks (along with about 31 other NFL teams), so I thought is was funny.

  • this is Eric Wright's response to what DA had to say about the fans.

    I have no Idea what this means so maybe somebody can enlighten me

    http://twitpic.com/17uo8x

    chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #25

    nmills said:

    this is Eric Wright's response to what DA had to say about the fans.

    I have no Idea what this means so maybe somebody can enlighten me

    http://twitpic.com/17uo8x

    looks like a vag to me....lol

  • this is Eric Wright's response to what DA had to say about the fans.

    I have no Idea what this means so maybe somebody can enlighten me

    http://twitpic.com/17uo8x

    C Carolina Brownie wrote on last edited by
    #26

    nmills said:

    this is Eric Wright's response to what DA had to say about the fans.

    I have no Idea what this means so maybe somebody can enlighten me

    http://twitpic.com/17uo8x

    What the hell? I have no idea.

  • J jasont44094 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    I think its a bad angle and pic. He might be saying it ok, or he's a marked man and he sets up at center, hes going to cb blitz and take his frecking head off.

  • nmills said:

    this is Eric Wright's response to what DA had to say about the fans.

    I have no Idea what this means so maybe somebody can enlighten me

    http://twitpic.com/17uo8x

    What the hell? I have no idea.

    Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @carolina-brownie said:

    What the hell? I have no idea.

    He's calling him an AZZHOLE!

    That's shit I learned on the bus in grade school.

    Kinda Funny though.

    @mopaji said:

    Sounds all well and good for a movie, but the fact is, that team respects the hell out of him. Remember he was voted their MVP in 2007. Granted, their will be about a 99% roster turnover from 2007 but again, he didn't bash the team, he bashed the clueless fans that cheered his injury.

    Want to retract any of that statement?

  • halfsaneH halfsane wrote on last edited by
    #29

    I think the pressure really got to DA. He couldn't handle it all to well.

    That is why the late season collapse in 2007 and after. Anytime people expected something from him, he couldn't deliver.

    When no one was looking, he could play.

  • @carolina-brownie said:

    What the hell? I have no idea.

    He's calling him an AZZHOLE!

    That's shit I learned on the bus in grade school.

    Kinda Funny though.

    @mopaji said:

    Sounds all well and good for a movie, but the fact is, that team respects the hell out of him. Remember he was voted their MVP in 2007. Granted, their will be about a 99% roster turnover from 2007 but again, he didn't bash the team, he bashed the clueless fans that cheered his injury.

    Want to retract any of that statement?

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @erie-dawg said:

    He's calling him an AZZHOLE!

    That's shit I learned on the bus in grade school.

    Kinda Funny though.

    That could be it, but it could be that he's just playing the world's smallest violin. That's what my father used to do to me whenever I complained about something or was bitching like a baby over something that was out of my control.

    He would just rub his forefinger and thumb together and say, "I'm playing the world's smallest violin".

    Or it could be some sort of inside joke between them.

  • @erie-dawg said:

    He's calling him an AZZHOLE!

    That's shit I learned on the bus in grade school.

    Kinda Funny though.

    That could be it, but it could be that he's just playing the world's smallest violin. That's what my father used to do to me whenever I complained about something or was bitching like a baby over something that was out of my control.

    He would just rub his forefinger and thumb together and say, "I'm playing the world's smallest violin".

    Or it could be some sort of inside joke between them.

    C Carolina Brownie wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    That could be it, but it could be that he's just playing the world's smallest violin. That's what my father used to do to me whenever I complained about something or was bitching like a baby over something that was out of my control.

    He would just rub his forefinger and thumb together and say, "I'm playing the world's smallest violin".

    Or it could be some sort of inside joke between them.

    Yeah, maybe it could be that we have no idea what the hell the picture means.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    That could be it, but it could be that he's just playing the world's smallest violin. That's what my father used to do to me whenever I complained about something or was bitching like a baby over something that was out of my control.

    He would just rub his forefinger and thumb together and say, "I'm playing the world's smallest violin".

    Or it could be some sort of inside joke between them.

    Yeah, maybe it could be that we have no idea what the hell the picture means.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @carolina-brownie said:

    Yeah, maybe it could be that we have no idea what the hell the picture means.

    That too.

  • this is Eric Wright's response to what DA had to say about the fans.

    I have no Idea what this means so maybe somebody can enlighten me

    http://twitpic.com/17uo8x

    sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by sisky fringo
    #33

    nmills said:

    this is Eric Wright's response to what DA had to say about the fans.

    I have no Idea what this means so maybe somebody can enlighten me

    http://twitpic.com/17uo8x

    you can't look at the hole or you get punched...unless you can break the hole with your finger. it has to be below the waist though. pretty slick tricking DA into looking at it.

    50 to 1 DA looked at it and EW owes him a punch in his arm.

  • I think its a bad angle and pic. He might be saying it ok, or he's a marked man and he sets up at center, hes going to cb blitz and take his frecking head off.

    sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @jasont44094 said:

    I think its a bad angle and pic. He might be saying it ok, or he's a marked man and he sets up at center, hes going to cb blitz and take his frecking head off.

    really???? lol

  • Derek Anderson was the Greatest QB the Browns had in the new era. Good Luck to him.

    lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by lodilobo
    #35

    @atenears said:

    Derek Anderson was the Greatest QB the Browns had in the new era. Good Luck to him.

    To write DA and "greatest q/b" in the same sentence should be against the law. If you said he was the best of the new era....well, that is debatable, but not totally insane, like your statement. The more accurate statement would be...DA sucked less than the others......which is still highly debatable.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #36

    We have a few mudholes around our new barn.

    One of the mudholes is the greatest mudhole we've had there since we

    built our barn a year and a half ago now.

    Yeah. Kinda like that.

  • halfsaneH halfsane wrote on last edited by
    #37

    Has Derek met with any teams yet?

    I want to know where he is going so I can be sure not to miss an interception.