Private Workout for Florida LB Brandon Spikes
-
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...ple_option.html
On the linebacker hunt: Profootballtalk.com reported the Browns have scheduled a private workout with Florida linebacker Brandon Spikes. Citing a league source, the Web site reported Spikes also has visits scheduled with Buffalo and Tampa Bay. Spikes is projected to be drafted between the middle of the first round and middle of the second round.
My question is why? We have so much depth at LB. Leave it as is.
-
In case we move down or he falls??
Sometimes players give you a reason to trade down.
Spikes wouldn't be a bad selection....all Gator homerisim aside.....he is a legit player
-
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...ple_option.html
On the linebacker hunt: Profootballtalk.com reported the Browns have scheduled a private workout with Florida linebacker Brandon Spikes. Citing a league source, the Web site reported Spikes also has visits scheduled with Buffalo and Tampa Bay. Spikes is projected to be drafted between the middle of the first round and middle of the second round.
My question is why? We have so much depth at LB. Leave it as is.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...ple_option.html
My question is why? We have so much depth at LB. Leave it as is.
TCS, I don't dislike the LB corps as it is now but you cannot argue that it's necessarily top echelon. Bowens is 32. Fujita is 30. There's questions about which DQ will show up. Maiava is a specials guy. Barton is gone. Trusnik is a great plugin last year but if Spikes is a better player then wouldn't you want to take the chance and upgrade?
I would also point out that this Browns' defense wasn't particularly fleet of foot last year and a faster younger player may be welcome.
-
Spikes isnt known for his nimble feet hes a big banger. I like him if hes available in the 2nd. We need some intensity on d and ive heard he is the Tim Tebow of the defense. He motivates the D and that is something we could use.
Also I hope we can get a look at Major Wright he is a very interesting later round pick I really like
-
Just curious, where is bad ass Beau Bell playing these days, what a waste.
-
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...ple_option.html
My question is why? We have so much depth at LB. Leave it as is.
TCS, I don't dislike the LB corps as it is now but you cannot argue that it's necessarily top echelon. Bowens is 32. Fujita is 30. There's questions about which DQ will show up. Maiava is a specials guy. Barton is gone. Trusnik is a great plugin last year but if Spikes is a better player then wouldn't you want to take the chance and upgrade?
I would also point out that this Browns' defense wasn't particularly fleet of foot last year and a faster younger player may be welcome.
TCS, I don't dislike the LB corps as it is now but you cannot argue that it's necessarily top echelon. Bowens is 32. Fujita is 30. There's questions about which DQ will show up. Maiava is a specials guy. Barton is gone. Trusnik is a great plugin last year but if Spikes is a better player then wouldn't you want to take the chance and upgrade?
I would also point out that this Browns' defense wasn't particularly fleet of foot last year and a faster younger player may be welcome.
Well you make a good case, but then why not draft Rolondo McClain?
-
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...ple_option.html
My question is why? We have so much depth at LB. Leave it as is.
TCS, I don't dislike the LB corps as it is now but you cannot argue that it's necessarily top echelon. Bowens is 32. Fujita is 30. There's questions about which DQ will show up. Maiava is a specials guy. Barton is gone. Trusnik is a great plugin last year but if Spikes is a better player then wouldn't you want to take the chance and upgrade?
I would also point out that this Browns' defense wasn't particularly fleet of foot last year and a faster younger player may be welcome.
-
is this wishful thinking or is he really gone? i thought he'd be a lock to return.
Yeah thats news to me too.
-
Barton is still under contract, if we draft a linebacker we will probably cut him.
-
TCS, I don't dislike the LB corps as it is now but you cannot argue that it's necessarily top echelon. Bowens is 32. Fujita is 30. There's questions about which DQ will show up. Maiava is a specials guy. Barton is gone. Trusnik is a great plugin last year but if Spikes is a better player then wouldn't you want to take the chance and upgrade?
I would also point out that this Browns' defense wasn't particularly fleet of foot last year and a faster younger player may be welcome.
Well you make a good case, but then why not draft Rolondo McClain?
Well you make a good case, but then why not draft Rolondo McClain?
They very well could. It just depends on whether or not they value improving another area more at that spot. For example, is (insert CB name here) a bigger improvement of our defensive backfield or is McClain a bigger improvement to our LB corps?
-
is this wishful thinking or is he really gone? i thought he'd be a lock to return. i just saw Poteat was released on the 4th, i didn't know that.
it's just getting better and better...i can see improvement every day and they haven't played a single snap yet!

I'm looking at it from the perspective of his neck injury being pretty serious. I don't know it for a fact but I am speculating that he wouldn't be back because the injury would threaten his career. I saw him as somewhat of a stop-gap myself.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login