Derek Anderson Blasts YOU
-
to hell with derek anderson. he can rot in hell for all i care.
-
to hell with derek anderson. he can rot in hell for all i care.
to hell with derek anderson. he can rot in hell for all i care.
Please join him.
-
If anybody has the right to blast a team or its fans, it's DA. This guy was surrounded by absalute crap for a roster and was the guy taking the fall for every loss. He has had 5 OCs and 4 HCs in his career. 3 OCs before he turned 25! He NEVER got a full training camp or preseason despite what Quinn fans say. His job was never secure. I recall even after a 3 game winning streak in 2007 where DA was playing exceptional, the questions were still about how him playing well would effect Brady Quinn's playing time. ARE YOU F'N KIDDING ME?! He has been answering questions about his backup for 3 years. Notice his best games were the first half of 2007. I don't find it coincidental that nothing at that time suggested him being replaced. It wasn't until early November of 2007 when people starting asking about his backup and how much time he would get in 2008, that he started the DA stuff most of you will remember him for. The guy has been playing tight since the end of 2007. Why? Because he knew that if he didn't go 25/30 with 2 TDs and 0 ints, that he could very well lose his job. And we all knew it. Except Ron Jaworski on ESPN who said that DA was his absolute favorite young player to watch on film in 2007. He went though his reads, he could make every throw, and he didn't take sacks. Now imagine being a 23 year old hillbilly QB who just got off the Jim Rome show talking about about how well you've been playing; only to leave the green room and answer questions about your handsome backup QB; and how well you think he's doing in practice. I would have some ill feelings for this town too. And as he reminded us, he was cheered when he got hurt.
I don't think fans realize just how young the guy was when he got here. He's only a few months older than Quinn and he's been through a lot of systems and had to play with some really, really bad teams. It wasn't all him by any means. And what's even worse is the fan base didn't just prefer the handsome golden domer, but they seemed to out right hate DA. I mean after all he was the only thing between them and their hot-pants QB right? Quinn was obviously a superstar waiting to happen but the ugly stepsister DA was in the way. These last 3 years with BQ/DA have been like something I have never seen before in professional sports and will likely never see again. It was just ugly from the orginization down to the fans. It has been disgusting. I have seen fans choose hometown sex symbol over their team. And to make matters worse, I saw fans hoping for the team to fail! Fans were ignoring principal formulas for winning just so they could "see what Quinn can do". Absolutely sickening. As dumn as Steelers fans are, not even they have stooped so low and emberassed other fans this much.
I know I sound like DA's attorney but this 3 year circus has been a roller coaster of lost perspectives, fanboy mentalities, reverse evolution, and full on man/love/gay/misguided/uninformed/irrational/booze induced ass backwards persepectives and behaviors for the sake of "seeing what he can do". In a vaccum that is just assinine; but when it comes at the expense of the entire team, then it's almost criminal.
-
Didn't we laugh at Tim Couch when he got hurt too. We r fans and we pay damn good money to watch these players do their job, if its cheering for a td or for someone getting hurt, it dont matter, we still put money in their pockets. DA you have always blamed the other person for your wrong doing's. Now you are gone, and I am happy for that, thanks for the 1st Cincy game in 2007 and go F**k yourself for the 2nd one.
Didn't we laugh at Tim Couch when he got hurt too. We r fans and we pay damn good money to watch these players do their job, if its cheering for a td or for someone getting hurt, it dont matter, we still put money in their pockets. DA you have always blamed the other person for your wrong doing's. Now you are gone, and I am happy for that, thanks for the 1st Cincy game in 2007 and go F**k yourself for the 2nd one.
So you feel you have a right to speak your mind anytime, and DA does NOT????...
I agree with DA and how he was treated...this is a BQ luv fest in Cleveland, why??..I'll never know...he's a NO TALENT PUNK,.
DA will be fine, I can't blame him for wanting to get out...
NOW Seneca Wallace will be treated like a dime store bitch every time he see any playing time...
YOU GO DA and get yourself some real talent to work with and some real class fans......
No need to be part of this Brady Quinn HOMOFEST anymore...

-
Qbs that whine and lash out at fans like DA did ruins there chance to again in the league. No team is going to want that; it show immaturity, lack of disicipline, and someone who cann't take the pressure of the fans; cann't take the pressure of a 300lb def lineman chasing his sorry ass around the field.
-
conversely, you think any QB's wanna play here knowing they'll get booed when they go down? you think the respect for the cleveland fanbase exists outside of said fanbase?
this is like 2 children fighting over the best toy in the sandbox. in the end, their both whinging and crying.
-
Doesn't surprise me. This whole season he seemed to have a prick-like attitude to him. He can go f**k himself and his petty-bullshit attitude. Freakin loser. Get the hell away from my beloved Browns.
-
conversely, you think any QB's wanna play here knowing they'll get booed when they go down? you think the respect for the cleveland fanbase exists outside of said fanbase?
this is like 2 children fighting over the best toy in the sandbox. in the end, their both whinging and crying.
conversely, you think any QB's wanna play here knowing they'll get booed when they go down? you think the respect for the cleveland fanbase exists outside of said fanbase?
this is like 2 children fighting over the best toy in the sandbox. in the end, their both whinging and crying.
have you seen the clip of philly fans throwing ice and snowballs at SANTA!!! Thats classless.
-
I look forward to his return to Cleveland, he's a marked man now.
I'm pretty sure that the players know it will buy them Franchise like credibility with the fans if they are the one to knock him out of the game.
-
A blast about us fans not deserving of a winner, is a blast towards the players in our locker room; in my opinion.
-
I was at the SD game in Cleveland when it was about 2 degrees out. Moved down from the nose bleeds and sat at the fifty yard line about 100 ft behind the Browns bench. The entire second half DA sat on the end of the Gatorade cart and spat into a garbage can every 20 seconds, looking off past the scoreboard with a blank faint stare.
My buddy looked over at me (After working all day...outside in the snow.... at a steel yard) and said.... "Where can I get a gig like that and make that kind of money..."
Anyway you slice it, most of these guys are whiney, spoiled morons. Alot of us fans (especially in our area) work at jobs that there is a chance of being disfigured and/or killed on a daily bais, (one of my good friends was hit by a steel beam that fell from a crane and now sits in a wheelchair for the rest of his lfe) and this dude wants to complain about being booed at his job...
Sorry about your luck DA.... sucks that you've been blessed enough to play football for a living.... is there anything else we can do for you?
-
Just heard on the mike and mike show that DA says he's SORRY! LOL
-
Is he allowed to be mad? Yeah.
Does he have a right to be mad? Yeah.
Should the Browns have made better decisions in personnel/FO during DA's tenure? Yeah.
Was the fans cheering his injury classless? Yeah.
Was the fans cheering the majority opinion? NO.
But seriously, lashing out at the fans is pretty foolish. He had one decent season (4 total with the Browns) with a bad second half and a terrible, playoff blowing, performance and he still got a 3 year extension. DA is a professional football player (well, on paper anyway), and professional athletes live in a glass house. They're also expected to have a higher quality of character than other people, which is why they're so heavily scrutinized when they do something stupid (see Ben Roethlisberger, Tiger Woods).
Cleveland fans ARE ruthless. Why? Because we've had way too many freaking losers on our teams and we don't really have much tolerance for it anymore. TBH, DA's words only confirm that Holmgren made the RIGHT choice. To say we don't deserve a winner? That's just classless and brash. He should have just given the standard answer and taken his licks and signed with a new team. I'll be amazed if he gets a starting job after saying dumb crap like that. He wasn't that good to begin with.
You know what is great about Cleveland fans? If you win, we'll come to every game, give you a key to the city, bake you cookies, and throw you a freaking parade every day for a month. Yeah we come to games even when the teams stink, and Browns tickets sell like crazy even now, but in December when the team has quit playing, who wants to come to that crap? But if they're winning, you can bet that place will be packed out whether it's Lake Effect snow or not.
Great moves Holmgren & co. It's nice to finally see some real leadership in the front office.
-
Just heard on the mike and mike show that DA says he's SORRY! LOL
yeah is agent gave him that statement so he can still get a job.
-
DEREK HAS A RIGHT TO BE MAD. I love the Browns and am as loyal of a fan as there is, but you don't cheer the guy for getting injured, especially after he gave you the best season in over a decade. Browns have wonderful fans, and we also have A LOT of white trash hillbillies who don't know squat about the game that love to just act like a drunken fool in the stands on Sundays.
Everyone always talks about our great, loyal fan base, but we are not good fans as a whole. Same with the Cavs and Indians, when we are winning we love our team and fill the seats, but when we lose, we don't give a crap. The tribe may not sell out a HOME OPENER and if Lebron leaves Cleveland the Cavs would go under!
Cleveland sticks with their teams and never roots for a new squad, I will give them that, but we have way to many rude drunks representing US, THE GOOD FANS. I would venture to say that a majority of people on this board can be respected, coming to a forum like this to discuss detailed football topics. YOU GUYS KNOW WHO I AM TALKING ABOUT, and whether you want to admit it or not, you know that our fans are not what we make them out to be.
I was ashamed to be a Browns fan when we cheered D.A. getting hurt. That's something Philly would do.
Remember the Cincy coach yelling at his fans, this isn't Cleveland -- he had a point.
Bottlegate, as well.
I am just sick to my stomach again, remembering how terrible we really are.
Metcalf_FTW said:
DEREK HAS A RIGHT TO BE MAD. I love the Browns and am as loyal of a fan as there is, but you don't cheer the guy for getting injured, especially after he gave you the best season in over a decade. Browns have wonderful fans, and we also have A LOT of white trash hillbillies who don't know squat about the game that love to just act like a drunken fool in the stands on Sundays.Everyone always talks about our great, loyal fan base, but we are not good fans as a whole. Same with the Cavs and Indians, when we are winning we love our team and fill the seats, but when we lose, we don't give a crap. The tribe may not sell out a HOME OPENER and if Lebron leaves Cleveland the Cavs would go under!
Cleveland sticks with their teams and never roots for a new squad, I will give them that, but we have way to many rude drunks representing US, THE GOOD FANS. I would venture to say that a majority of people on this board can be respected, coming to a forum like this to discuss detailed football topics. YOU GUYS KNOW WHO I AM TALKING ABOUT, and whether you want to admit it or not, you know that our fans are not what we make them out to be.
I was ashamed to be a Browns fan when we cheered D.A. getting hurt. That's something Philly would do.
Remember the Cincy coach yelling at his fans, this isn't Cleveland -- he had a point.
Bottlegate, as well.
I am just sick to my stomach again, remembering how terrible we really are.
this is true, but sadly happens everywhere in the league really with few exceptions. There's always good fans enjoying the game, and likewise there's drunken idiots ruining it for everyone. I honestly feel we were more cheering for another QB to come in than DA getting hurt, but it still wasn't called for at all. He may of had a point, but if it weren't for Cleveland he wouldn't of had a job in this league or made millions of dollars. He had to see his release coming sooner than later.
-
I look forward to his return to Cleveland, he's a marked man now.
I'm pretty sure that the players know it will buy them Franchise like credibility with the fans if they are the one to knock him out of the game.
I look forward to his return to Cleveland, he's a marked man now.
I'm pretty sure that the players know it will buy them Franchise like credibility with the fans if they are the one to knock him out of the game.
Sounds all well and good for a movie, but the fact is, that team respects the hell out of him. Remember he was voted their MVP in 2007. Granted, their will be about a 99% roster turnover from 2007 but again, he didn't bash the team, he bashed the clueless fans that cheered his injury.
-
Haha right after Stan praises DA, DA shits on all Browns fans!!!
DA is a looser, and a disease... thank God he is off our football team
Now we can put BQ in the cockpit with no distractions and win some games
Haha right after Stan praises DA, DA shits on all Browns fans!!!
Well I personally don't care about DA.
I hoped for the best when he was here but I don't miss him now.
But
He's right.
If you cheer an injury to one of your players you're an asshole.
I doubt it's much different anywhere he'll go but that's the fact.
WSS
-
I look forward to his return to Cleveland, he's a marked man now.
I'm pretty sure that the players know it will buy them Franchise like credibility with the fans if they are the one to knock him out of the game.
Sounds all well and good for a movie, but the fact is, that team respects the hell out of him. Remember he was voted their MVP in 2007. Granted, their will be about a 99% roster turnover from 2007 but again, he didn't bash the team, he bashed the clueless fans that cheered his injury.
Sounds all well and good for a movie, but the fact is, that team respects the hell out of him. Remember he was voted their MVP in 2007. Granted, their will be about a 99% roster turnover from 2007 but again, he didn't bash the team, he bashed the clueless fans that cheered his injury.
Yeah maybe, some of those players are sick mofo's.
Anyway I don't see him being a starter in this league ever again,
In training camp the guy looks like a stud, come game time he's a dud.
-
It sounds like this town still has the wrong perspective on this QB thing. Like it or not, DA gave us the best offensive season we have seen in a long time. And he is still, the best QB we've had since coming back. I know its all relative but he deserves a little credit. He didn't write up his contract and he didn't lead the league in drops or missed games due to injury. He also didn't give up on routes leaving passes up for grabs.
The fact is, we have had two QBs playing here for the last 3 years in a no-win situation. I think DA supporters (myself included) know that out of the two QBs, DA had a much higher upside. I've asked it before but nobody has ever answered it. Which one of these two guys would you want on their best day? On their worst days, we lose nomatter what. What about their best day? It's DA by a landslide. It's not a love fest, it's logic.
I hope Quinn does well for our sake but I defy anyone to tell me what he has ever shown in college or the pros that says he can play in this league. And I still believe he will be dealt before draft day.
-
I love the Browns and I think we have some of the best fans in the world, but it did make me cringe hearing people boo DA when he got hurt. I am all for booing for bad performances, but booing your own players when they get injured is classless regardless of how they are performing. That being said, DA was a pariah from the time BQ was signed to fans, he f*cked up everyone's plans of BQ coming in on a white horse and being the Browns savior when he had that amazing '07 season. He saw BQ get all of this love and quite frankly slack from fans when BQ played horribly and then DA would come in, throw and incompletion and get booed. All this being said, I am not crying in my soup that he is gone. I don't think he or we as an organization have the time that it is going to take to get DA's head right and develop him into a good QB. I get his hard feelings and I look forward to the Browns playing the team he lands on (rivalry games are always fun). Assuming he isn't holding a clipboard on the sidelines that is. Remember to stand behind the white line on the sidelines derek. That shit with the ref last year was embarrassing.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login