Cowher being pursued
-
Good....I hope it happens.
Cowher isn't going to take a Romeo deal where somebody else has roster control.
No good coach is.....only people desperate for the title would do that.
JMO
-
i've learned to not believe any local sports rumor unless it is reported in the Plain Dealer or on local TV news. This story was on Channel 5 this evening. If we get Bill, it will be the best Browns news that i've heard since the announcement that the team was returning in 1999. The part that is weird is that if Bill won't partner with Savage, then who is approaching him? And if it is a close confidant of Lerner's, who leaked this? Again, this was covered on local TV. It's more than an internet rumor.
For the record, i believe the odds of Bill coming here are 50/50, and will remain at that level until he makes a decision.
-
Of course Cowher wants some control over the personnel. This team is full of shitty draft picks, especially at linebacker. He wants to put his own twist on things, probably bring some Squealers over like Savage brought his Rat Turds over.
-
i will not root for a cowher team. we'd never hear the end of it from the stools.
If Cowher joins the team, he'd be the most hated man in Pittsburgh. That's reason enough for me to want him.
i know where you're coming from. i hated Bill Nelson. The moment we got him in a trade with the Steelers (for QB Dick Shiner), he was instantly one of my favorites. Now that was a player with heart. He could have put up HOF numbers if he didn't start his career with such a lousy Steeler team. He had virtually no knees left when he came to the Browns, and yet led the team to the playoffs in 3 out of 4 years.
-
I would be ECSTATIC with Cowher as head coach. What's not to like about the guy? Capable, confident, a winner, fiery, demands respect, a true leader, knows when to get out of the way of his coaches.
His youngest daughter's a senior this year. Empty nester as of May.
I'd say the odds of him coaching next year are 100%. With us? I'd say better than 50/50.
-
Jewdago if it were anyone else but bill cowher i would be inclined to agree he would be a newbie gm but a mean streaked one that would take no crap unfortunately marty has recently said he is done coaching...
Personally i would send opie back to mayberry in 1 second flat for cowher and would have already fired romeo with a severence package of lifetime dunkin doughnuts....
But i wouldnt buy to much into it all just yet i cant even imagine lerner turning his club over to a football man...or even a real coach.
Phil could stay but would have less say with cowher???
Gee its not like he has any say with RAC anyways he just sits there and lets romeo keep DA in amonst other things i hope we can get him but i wouldnt bank on it randy "pansy soccer punk" lerner doesnt have the balls to pull the trigger on this one..
It could also be cowhers nice way of telling soccer boy he doesnt want to coach for him so screw off..
Jewdago if it were anyone else but bill cowher i would be inclined to agree he would be a newbie gm but a mean streaked one that would take no crap unfortunately marty has recently said he is done coaching...
Personally i would send opie back to mayberry in 1 second flat for cowher and would have already fired romeo with a severence package of lifetime dunkin doughnuts....
But i wouldnt buy to much into it all just yet i cant even imagine lerner turning his club over to a football man...or even a real coach.
Phil could stay but would have less say with cowher???
Gee its not like he has any say with RAC anyways he just sits there and lets romeo keep DA in amonst other things i hope we can get him but i wouldnt bank on it randy "pansy soccer punk" lerner doesnt have the balls to pull the trigger on this one..
It could also be cowhers nice way of telling soccer boy he doesnt want to coach for him so screw off..
Great effin post!...I laughed my ass off!
-
I think its going to happen. I think Cowher is what we need. A hard charging coach who will provide the spark this team desperately needs. Romeo will be gone.
-
It's mid-season .... there is no way this would leak down to the level of dollar figures and terms of a deal. Hell, such details aren't usually even available AFTER a signing, let alone in this situation.
No, this is yet another assine belly-aching whine from collerctive Browns fans that will once again tarnsih another half a season. They got their whiney ass way with Brady Quinn and before that dust settles, they get their cries heard regarding something else (a coaching change).
Yeah ... Cowher has to be real interested in coming here ... to coach for this fan base ....
Maybe he is out of touch with reality and thinks this is the same fan base we had here in the 80's, and not the cry babies we are today.
Bellichick has got to be laughing in his film room.
-
@inspecta said:
Quick question for somebody, anybody....When did Stan become the new Rich?
Stan isn't Rich. He's Mike Tyson (ate-n-ear)! LMAO
But really Mike...I mean Stan, it wasn't the fans that put BQ in the starting role, it was DA. Face reality!!!
-
He could have put up HOF numbers if he didn't start his career with such a lousy Steeler team. He had virtually no knees left when he came to the Browns, and yet led the team to the playoffs in 3 out of 4 years.
I agree.
Bill Nelson is sort of a forgotten man when people talk about Cleveland Browns QBs.
I thought he was one of the better ones we ever had.
-
I am honestly on the fence with all of this.
On the one hand...I think we need a change at coach.
On the other hand....I am not sure Cowher is what we need.
Just one of the reasons I have reservations is Cordell Stewart - Cowher had blinders on for this guy at QB...and it cost the Steelers on a regular basis!!!
I just believe that Newsome and the front staff as a whole did a great job of giving him players that fit the mold of smashmouth football...and Cowher never had to make any major adjustments.
Also, I think that combining the GM/HC position is a HUGE mistake.
Anyway, just my opinion.
-
I am honestly on the fence with all of this.
On the one hand...I think we need a change at coach.
On the other hand....I am not sure Cowher is what we need.
Just one of the reasons I have reservations is Cordell Stewart - Cowher had blinders on for this guy at QB...and it cost the Steelers on a regular basis!!!
I just believe that Newsome and the front staff as a whole did a great job of giving him players that fit the mold of smashmouth football...and Cowher never had to make any major adjustments.
Also, I think that combining the GM/HC position is a HUGE mistake.
Anyway, just my opinion.
I am honestly on the fence with all of this.
On the one hand...I think we need a change at coach.
On the other hand....I am not sure Cowher is what we need.
Just one of the reasons I have reservations is Cordell Stewart - Cowher had blinders on for this guy at QB...and it cost the Steelers on a regular basis!!!
I just believe that Newsome and the front staff as a whole did a great job of giving him players that fit the mold of smashmouth football...and Cowher never had to make any major adjustments.
Also, I think that combining the GM/HC position is a HUGE mistake.
Anyway, just my opinion.
"Smashmouth" being the key word. I believe that comes from the coaching staff and team leaders. Cleveland hasn't had it in years. I don't know who the perfect coach would be, but I do believe that "Smashmouth" is again the key word....and Romeo....not so much!
-
I am honestly on the fence with all of this.
On the one hand...I think we need a change at coach.
On the other hand....I am not sure Cowher is what we need.
Just one of the reasons I have reservations is Cordell Stewart - Cowher had blinders on for this guy at QB...and it cost the Steelers on a regular basis!!!
I just believe that Newsome and the front staff as a whole did a great job of giving him players that fit the mold of smashmouth football...and Cowher never had to make any major adjustments.
Also, I think that combining the GM/HC position is a HUGE mistake.
Anyway, just my opinion.
I am honestly on the fence with all of this.
On the one hand...I think we need a change at coach.
On the other hand....I am not sure Cowher is what we need.
Just one of the reasons I have reservations is Cordell Stewart - Cowher had blinders on for this guy at QB...and it cost the Steelers on a regular basis!!!
I just believe that Newsome and the front staff as a whole did a great job of giving him players that fit the mold of smashmouth football...and Cowher never had to make any major adjustments.
Also, I think that combining the GM/HC position is a HUGE mistake.
Anyway, just my opinion.
Also, this gives Pitt fan even more leverage against us. If Cowher doesn't turn this team into a winner all we'll hear is how we can't even win by hiring the enemy. I just see more bad than good coming out of this, and you are exactly correct regarding Queerdell. A lot of Pitt die hards never were that much in love with Cowher and had lots of issues with his failure to advance far enough with a lot of really, really good teams.
Basically, until he got the gift in the Indy game and won the Referee Bowl, he was looked at as a failure in a lot of ways.
That being said, I can't say I would be horribly upset with this if it did happen, although I don't believe he should have too much control nor should he want it. I would think he and Phillip could work together amicably.
-
Guys.
His f--king name is ROMEO.
I think we knew he was going to be a pussy before we even saw him.
-
I am honestly on the fence with all of this.
On the one hand...I think we need a change at coach.
On the other hand....I am not sure Cowher is what we need.
Just one of the reasons I have reservations is Cordell Stewart - Cowher had blinders on for this guy at QB...and it cost the Steelers on a regular basis!!!
I just believe that Newsome and the front staff as a whole did a great job of giving him players that fit the mold of smashmouth football...and Cowher never had to make any major adjustments.
Also, I think that combining the GM/HC position is a HUGE mistake.
Anyway, just my opinion.
Also, this gives Pitt fan even more leverage against us. If Cowher doesn't turn this team into a winner all we'll hear is how we can't even win by hiring the enemy. I just see more bad than good coming out of this, and you are exactly correct regarding Queerdell. A lot of Pitt die hards never were that much in love with Cowher and had lots of issues with his failure to advance far enough with a lot of really, really good teams.
Basically, until he got the gift in the Indy game and won the Referee Bowl, he was looked at as a failure in a lot of ways.
That being said, I can't say I would be horribly upset with this if it did happen, although I don't believe he should have too much control nor should he want it. I would think he and Phillip could work together amicably.
Also, this gives Pitt fan even more leverage against us. If Cowher doesn't turn this team into a winner all we'll hear is how we can't even win by hiring the enemy. I just see more bad than good coming out of this, and you are exactly correct regarding Queerdell. A lot of Pitt die hards never were that much in love with Cowher and had lots of issues with his failure to advance far enough with a lot of really, really good teams.
on point as always....and i have to live in that shithole, so id rather not give them any more fuel to liven up the fire.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login