Skip to content

Gone Fishing?

Barber Shop Talk
19 7 2.3k
  • Hey, are the cabins two bedroom? I want to take my Dad and some friends there. That's isn't too far at all...... !!!

    @calfoxwc said:

    Hey, are the cabins two bedroom? I want to take my Dad and some friends there. That's isn't too far at all...... !!!

    I will have to pull some info.

  • Hey, are the cabins two bedroom? I want to take my Dad and some friends there. That's isn't too far at all...... !!!

    @calfoxwc said:

    Hey, are the cabins two bedroom? I want to take my Dad and some friends there. That's isn't too far at all...... !!!

    Camp out on Cape Hatteras seashore, it's $30 a night.

  • Fly fishing is my passion. I fish ponds for 'gills & bass, & streams/rivers for trout, smallies, & steelhead. If you want, I have extra equipment & some places to go, although I have 2 rules:

    1) DO NOT return to a pond I fish without me or specific pond owner blessing.

    2) Catch & release on all but small-medium panfish

    If interested, shoot me a PM.

    Mike

  • Fly fishing is my passion. I fish ponds for 'gills & bass, & streams/rivers for trout, smallies, & steelhead. If you want, I have extra equipment & some places to go, although I have 2 rules:

    1) DO NOT return to a pond I fish without me or specific pond owner blessing.

    2) Catch & release on all but small-medium panfish

    If interested, shoot me a PM.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Fly fishing is my passion. I fish ponds for 'gills & bass, & streams/rivers for trout, smallies, & steelhead. If you want, I have extra equipment & some places to go, although I have 2 rules:

    1) DO NOT return to a pond I fish without me or specific pond owner blessing.

    2) Catch & release on all but small-medium panfish

    If interested, shoot me a PM.

    Mike

    Hey Mike, what time is good for Steelhead? What would you suggest?

  • Fly fishing is my passion. I fish ponds for 'gills & bass, & streams/rivers for trout, smallies, & steelhead. If you want, I have extra equipment & some places to go, although I have 2 rules:

    1) DO NOT return to a pond I fish without me or specific pond owner blessing.

    2) Catch & release on all but small-medium panfish

    If interested, shoot me a PM.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Fly fishing is my passion. I fish ponds for 'gills & bass, & streams/rivers for trout, smallies, & steelhead. If you want, I have extra equipment & some places to go, although I have 2 rules:

    1) DO NOT return to a pond I fish without me or specific pond owner blessing.

    2) Catch & release on all but small-medium panfish

    If interested, shoot me a PM.

    Mike

    Tried to send a PM but it wouldn't let me, anyway I'd love to hit a stream/river for some steelhead or trout. They release brown trout in the Shenango river in PA around this time. I went a few times last year and there a blast to catch. Never tried Fly fishing, but I'd be willing to give it a try. And I dont eat fish so no worries about catch and release.

  • Looking for some new places to fish, I live in Trumbull County so I usually go to Mesquito, Lake Milton, Berlin, and Westbranch. I'd like to keep it in the Northeastern Ohio area, If you have any stories or a good hotspot I'd love to hear about it.

    nmills said:

    Looking for some new places to fish, I live in Trumbull County so I usually go to Mesquito, Lake Milton, Berlin, and Westbranch. I'd like to keep it in the Northeastern Ohio area, If you have any stories or a good hotspot I'd love to hear about it.

    Ladue Reservoir use to be a favorite of mine. The last time I was there (5-6 years ago) another member of this board and I caught probably 300 Crappie ... I am not exaggerating or kidding.

    We just absolutly killed'em that day.

  • @canton-mike said:

    Fly fishing is my passion. I fish ponds for 'gills & bass, & streams/rivers for trout, smallies, & steelhead. If you want, I have extra equipment & some places to go, although I have 2 rules:

    1) DO NOT return to a pond I fish without me or specific pond owner blessing.

    2) Catch & release on all but small-medium panfish

    If interested, shoot me a PM.

    Mike

    Tried to send a PM but it wouldn't let me, anyway I'd love to hit a stream/river for some steelhead or trout. They release brown trout in the Shenango river in PA around this time. I went a few times last year and there a blast to catch. Never tried Fly fishing, but I'd be willing to give it a try. And I dont eat fish so no worries about catch and release.

    nmills said:

    Tried to send a PM but it wouldn't let me, anyway I'd love to hit a stream/river for some steelhead or trout. They release brown trout in the Shenango river in PA around this time. I went a few times last year and there a blast to catch. Never tried Fly fishing, but I'd be willing to give it a try. And I dont eat fish so no worries about catch and release.

    I am not "allowed" to PM either. I don't know why, but I think I'll contact the administrators to find out why. I don't want to list my email or cell# openly that ANY "surfer" can see. There are a couple of you I want to PM, so please be patient & I'll try to get this resolved.

    Mike

  • A good way you can contact one another would be through THE BROWNS BOARD on facebook.

  • Some guy just pulled a 50 lb cat out of the Tennessee river just below the dam about 3 miles from where I live.

    If you ever want to do some muddy water bottom fishing, I know a few good spots.

    I keep waiting for one of those monsters....I have caught one a bit over 20 lbs, but I am talking 50+....some guy pulled a 80=pounder out not too many years back....so they are out there.

  • Some guy just pulled a 50 lb cat out of the Tennessee river just below the dam about 3 miles from where I live.

    If you ever want to do some muddy water bottom fishing, I know a few good spots.

    I keep waiting for one of those monsters....I have caught one a bit over 20 lbs, but I am talking 50+....some guy pulled a 80=pounder out not too many years back....so they are out there.

    @ballpeen said:

    Some guy just pulled a 50 lb cat out of the Tennessee river just below the dam about 3 miles from where I live.

    If you ever want to do some muddy water bottom fishing, I know a few good spots.

    I keep waiting for one of those monsters....I have caught one a bit over 20 lbs, but I am talking 50+....some guy pulled a 80=pounder out not too many years back....so they are out there.

    Did they use a whole chicken? I love catfishing, I can remember as a kid we would go down to the damn and once they started hitting you couldn't get your line back in the water fast enough.

  • Some guy just pulled a 50 lb cat out of the Tennessee river just below the dam about 3 miles from where I live.

    If you ever want to do some muddy water bottom fishing, I know a few good spots.

    I keep waiting for one of those monsters....I have caught one a bit over 20 lbs, but I am talking 50+....some guy pulled a 80=pounder out not too many years back....so they are out there.

    @ballpeen said:

    Some guy just pulled a 50 lb cat out of the Tennessee river just below the dam about 3 miles from where I live.

    If you ever want to do some muddy water bottom fishing, I know a few good spots.

    I keep waiting for one of those monsters....I have caught one a bit over 20 lbs, but I am talking 50+....some guy pulled a 80=pounder out not too many years back....so they are out there.

    LOL You pull them babies out with your bare hands? Whats that called nudeling or something, thats some serious redneck fishing there

  • @ballpeen said:

    Some guy just pulled a 50 lb cat out of the Tennessee river just below the dam about 3 miles from where I live.

    If you ever want to do some muddy water bottom fishing, I know a few good spots.

    I keep waiting for one of those monsters....I have caught one a bit over 20 lbs, but I am talking 50+....some guy pulled a 80=pounder out not too many years back....so they are out there.

    Did they use a whole chicken? I love catfishing, I can remember as a kid we would go down to the damn and once they started hitting you couldn't get your line back in the water fast enough.

    @mr.-t said:

    Did they use a whole chicken? I love catfishing, I can remember as a kid we would go down to the damn and once they started hitting you couldn't get your line back in the water fast enough.

    I don't know what he used. I usually buy some chicken livers and leave out all night or in the sun to help stink em up...shrimp left out a day do the same thing

  • Went to Mosquito Lake causeway, got there around 5 didn't have a bite untill 7 limited out on walleye by 8. I was using a chartruese jig and twister tail tipped with a minnow, realing in very slow letting it bounce off bottom. I caught all of them within 5 feet of the bank, I dont no if they were following it in or if they were just really shallow but it worked out for me today. They weren't real big maybe 17in, if you wade there catching some pretty big ones on the bouey line on the north end. Crappies are still pretty slow biteing. If anybodys got a update on another lake im all ears

  • That does it, we have to go fishing at Mosquito as soon as we get all our seeds planted into the trays.