Tebow Pro Day
-
lol, thanks for that post, Alendor.
-
I will not be shocked to hear "With the 7th pick in the draft the browns select Tim Tebow"
I will not be shocked to hear "With the 7th pick in the draft the browns select Tim Tebow"
I'll be sick if I hear that.
-
He is a project, no way he will be taken in the first.
He could be ideal for us as a project, I am sure that is what Heckgren is looking for.
-
Or we could be there to watch a guy that is slated in a bunch of mock drafts to be drated at #7 by us....hello Mr. Haden
-
Was thinking the same thing. I was thinking sure we're not gonna, not look at Tebow, but I would say our eyes were more on Haden. Also we could be looking at Aaron Hernandez, Riley Cooper and Brandon Spikes, like all of them could be said to be needs for us...
-
Or we could be there to watch a guy that is slated in a bunch of mock drafts to be drated at #7 by us....hello Mr. Haden
nmills said:
Or we could be there to watch a guy that is slated in a bunch of mock drafts to be drated at #7 by us....hello Mr. HadenHaha - good point. Hopefully this is the case. I don't think the Browns can afford a project like Tebow. I think he's one hell of an competitor and would like to see him succeed at the next level (no one can say his passion doesn't translate into great football). But I don't think he should wear the Brown and Orange.
-
Was thinking the same thing. I was thinking sure we're not gonna, not look at Tebow, but I would say our eyes were more on Haden. Also we could be looking at Aaron Hernandez, Riley Cooper and Brandon Spikes, like all of them could be said to be needs for us...
Was thinking the same thing. I was thinking sure we're not gonna, not look at Tebow, but I would say our eyes were more on Haden. Also we could be looking at Aaron Hernandez, Riley Cooper and Brandon Spikes, like all of them could be said to be needs for us...
Of course. We were there to see Haden and the guys you mention...."The Messiah" was more of a spiritual journey. Perhaps they collected some of his tears in an amulet to sprinkle on the 50-yard line to bring some luck.
-
Holmgren addressed the media after Florida Pro day. There are also clips of Joe Haden running the 40. Holmgren's sound is about half way down the page and Haden is in the "Tebow Headlines Pro Day" video near the top.
-
How does Tebows accuracy compare to the top 3 Qbs in this draft throwing the short, intermediate, and deep balls? Has his new delivery effected his accuracy? We all know how important accuracy is in the NFL.
-
You tell me.....some on here say he is inaccurate...I say he isn't.
-
In fairness, i will post up these stats....the others seemed too good, so i went to another source. Just the same, i contend people who say he isn't accurate are either simple or they have a ax to grind.
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cviewpla...sp?Player=63004
-
zzzzzz....znoorrk. Uh, Ok, wake me up when Tebow is drafted by someone else so we can quit worrying about him.
-
zzzzzz....znoorrk. Uh, Ok, wake me up when Tebow is drafted by someone else so we can quit worrying about him.
zzzzzz....znoorrk. Uh, Ok, wake me up when Tebow is drafted by someone else so we can quit worrying about him.
I am just responding to a thread of interest just as I don't respond to threads I find boring.
-
He didn't want to sayif he thought Tebow could be successful in the NFL, but Holmgren seemed impressed to me. Maybe that is what he wanted to seem?
-
In fairness, i will post up these stats....the others seemed too good, so i went to another source. Just the same, i contend people who say he isn't accurate are either simple or they have a ax to grind.
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cviewpla...sp?Player=63004
In fairness, i will post up these stats....the others seemed too good, so i went to another source. Just the same, i contend people who say he isn't accurate are either simple or they have a ax to grind.
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cviewpla...sp?Player=63004
Peen, I don't have a problem with Tebow as an accurate college QB. He's within five percent of Bradford (68%) and McCoy (71%). He's about the same as Clausen (mid 60s). You could argue that McCoy's percentage was largely a result of the system which allowed many short throws.
The problem I have with Tebow is the delivery. If he's got time to throw, for God's sakes, time him with a sun dial. In the NFL though (as we know) he's going to have to be more compact. While I do see the difference in the video from his pro day the consensus is that towards the end when he was tiring, he started to revert back to his old mechanics (see Leftwich, Byron). I've heard Jim Miller and Rich Gannon both state that he's at LEAST a three year project and Miller said that if this was somebody other than Tebow, he'd be a sixth round pick because changing a QB from the waist up is extremely difficult if not close to impossible.
That said, I've mellowed a bit on Tebow. I don't like the in-your-face-home-school-Uber-Christian schtick but I'm a bit more private in my spirituality. I think he's a strong worker and I think people tend to like him. I think that can be said for Bradford and McCoy too who were very popular with their coaches and teammates for their leadership.
-
In fairness, i will post up these stats....the others seemed too good, so i went to another source. Just the same, i contend people who say he isn't accurate are either simple or they have a ax to grind.
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cviewpla...sp?Player=63004
Peen, I don't have a problem with Tebow as an accurate college QB. He's within five percent of Bradford (68%) and McCoy (71%). He's about the same as Clausen (mid 60s). You could argue that McCoy's percentage was largely a result of the system which allowed many short throws.
The problem I have with Tebow is the delivery. If he's got time to throw, for God's sakes, time him with a sun dial. In the NFL though (as we know) he's going to have to be more compact. While I do see the difference in the video from his pro day the consensus is that towards the end when he was tiring, he started to revert back to his old mechanics (see Leftwich, Byron). I've heard Jim Miller and Rich Gannon both state that he's at LEAST a three year project and Miller said that if this was somebody other than Tebow, he'd be a sixth round pick because changing a QB from the waist up is extremely difficult if not close to impossible.
That said, I've mellowed a bit on Tebow. I don't like the in-your-face-home-school-Uber-Christian schtick but I'm a bit more private in my spirituality. I think he's a strong worker and I think people tend to like him. I think that can be said for Bradford and McCoy too who were very popular with their coaches and teammates for their leadership.
Peen, I don't have a problem with Tebow as an accurate college QB. He's within five percent of Bradford (68%) and McCoy (71%). He's about the same as Clausen (mid 60s). You could argue that McCoy's percentage was largely a result of the system which allowed many short throws.
The problem I have with Tebow is the delivery. If he's got time to throw, for God's sakes, time him with a sun dial. In the NFL though (as we know) he's going to have to be more compact. While I do see the difference in the video from his pro day the consensus is that towards the end when he was tiring, he started to revert back to his old mechanics (see Leftwich, Byron). I've heard Jim Miller and Rich Gannon both state that he's at LEAST a three year project and Miller said that if this was somebody other than Tebow, he'd be a sixth round pick because changing a QB from the waist up is extremely difficult if not close to impossible.
That said, I've mellowed a bit on Tebow. I don't like the in-your-face-home-school-Uber-Christian schtick but I'm a bit more private in my spirituality. I think he's a strong worker and I think people tend to like him. I think that can be said for Bradford and McCoy too who were very popular with their coaches and teammates for their leadership.
his throwing motion isnt the same its alot faster now -
Peen, I don't have a problem with Tebow as an accurate college QB. He's within five percent of Bradford (68%) and McCoy (71%). He's about the same as Clausen (mid 60s). You could argue that McCoy's percentage was largely a result of the system which allowed many short throws.
The problem I have with Tebow is the delivery. If he's got time to throw, for God's sakes, time him with a sun dial. In the NFL though (as we know) he's going to have to be more compact. While I do see the difference in the video from his pro day the consensus is that towards the end when he was tiring, he started to revert back to his old mechanics (see Leftwich, Byron). I've heard Jim Miller and Rich Gannon both state that he's at LEAST a three year project and Miller said that if this was somebody other than Tebow, he'd be a sixth round pick because changing a QB from the waist up is extremely difficult if not close to impossible.
That said, I've mellowed a bit on Tebow. I don't like the in-your-face-home-school-Uber-Christian schtick but I'm a bit more private in my spirituality. I think he's a strong worker and I think people tend to like him. I think that can be said for Bradford and McCoy too who were very popular with their coaches and teammates for their leadership.
his throwing motion isnt the same its alot faster nowhis throwing motion isnt the same its alot faster now
as I alluded to here...
While I do see the difference in the video from his pro day the consensus is that towards the end when he was tiring, he started to revert back to his old mechanics (see Leftwich, Byron)
Please read the post before replying.
-
his throwing motion isnt the same its alot faster now
as I alluded to here...
While I do see the difference in the video from his pro day the consensus is that towards the end when he was tiring, he started to revert back to his old mechanics (see Leftwich, Byron)
Please read the post before replying.
-
except you were wrong
which he never went back to his old motion
That wasn't what was said on NFL Radio. They said that he looked impressive (which I agree from what I saw) but that towards the end of the session the ball position was starting to drop back to his old form. I don't have that in a quote so I apologize but it was mentioned. When this guy gets tired or when he's in a real game it's a legitimate question to ask if he'll subconsciously revert back to the way he's always thrown.
I was a Tebow hater but I liked what I saw. I don't want to knock the guy. I am just saying that it was commented.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login