Skip to content

Tebow Pro Day

The Browns Board
25 16 2.3k
  • You tell me.....some on here say he is inaccurate...I say he isn't.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Tebow#College_statistics

  • In fairness, i will post up these stats....the others seemed too good, so i went to another source. Just the same, i contend people who say he isn't accurate are either simple or they have a ax to grind.

    http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cviewpla...sp?Player=63004

  • zzzzzz....znoorrk. Uh, Ok, wake me up when Tebow is drafted by someone else so we can quit worrying about him.

  • zzzzzz....znoorrk. Uh, Ok, wake me up when Tebow is drafted by someone else so we can quit worrying about him.

    @the-gipper said:

    zzzzzz....znoorrk. Uh, Ok, wake me up when Tebow is drafted by someone else so we can quit worrying about him.

    I am just responding to a thread of interest just as I don't respond to threads I find boring.

  • He didn't want to sayif he thought Tebow could be successful in the NFL, but Holmgren seemed impressed to me. Maybe that is what he wanted to seem?

  • In fairness, i will post up these stats....the others seemed too good, so i went to another source. Just the same, i contend people who say he isn't accurate are either simple or they have a ax to grind.

    http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cviewpla...sp?Player=63004

    @ballpeen said:

    In fairness, i will post up these stats....the others seemed too good, so i went to another source. Just the same, i contend people who say he isn't accurate are either simple or they have a ax to grind.

    http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cviewpla...sp?Player=63004

    Peen, I don't have a problem with Tebow as an accurate college QB. He's within five percent of Bradford (68%) and McCoy (71%). He's about the same as Clausen (mid 60s). You could argue that McCoy's percentage was largely a result of the system which allowed many short throws.

    The problem I have with Tebow is the delivery. If he's got time to throw, for God's sakes, time him with a sun dial. In the NFL though (as we know) he's going to have to be more compact. While I do see the difference in the video from his pro day the consensus is that towards the end when he was tiring, he started to revert back to his old mechanics (see Leftwich, Byron). I've heard Jim Miller and Rich Gannon both state that he's at LEAST a three year project and Miller said that if this was somebody other than Tebow, he'd be a sixth round pick because changing a QB from the waist up is extremely difficult if not close to impossible.

    That said, I've mellowed a bit on Tebow. I don't like the in-your-face-home-school-Uber-Christian schtick but I'm a bit more private in my spirituality. I think he's a strong worker and I think people tend to like him. I think that can be said for Bradford and McCoy too who were very popular with their coaches and teammates for their leadership.

  • @ballpeen said:

    In fairness, i will post up these stats....the others seemed too good, so i went to another source. Just the same, i contend people who say he isn't accurate are either simple or they have a ax to grind.

    http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cviewpla...sp?Player=63004

    Peen, I don't have a problem with Tebow as an accurate college QB. He's within five percent of Bradford (68%) and McCoy (71%). He's about the same as Clausen (mid 60s). You could argue that McCoy's percentage was largely a result of the system which allowed many short throws.

    The problem I have with Tebow is the delivery. If he's got time to throw, for God's sakes, time him with a sun dial. In the NFL though (as we know) he's going to have to be more compact. While I do see the difference in the video from his pro day the consensus is that towards the end when he was tiring, he started to revert back to his old mechanics (see Leftwich, Byron). I've heard Jim Miller and Rich Gannon both state that he's at LEAST a three year project and Miller said that if this was somebody other than Tebow, he'd be a sixth round pick because changing a QB from the waist up is extremely difficult if not close to impossible.

    That said, I've mellowed a bit on Tebow. I don't like the in-your-face-home-school-Uber-Christian schtick but I'm a bit more private in my spirituality. I think he's a strong worker and I think people tend to like him. I think that can be said for Bradford and McCoy too who were very popular with their coaches and teammates for their leadership.

    @earl34 said:

    Peen, I don't have a problem with Tebow as an accurate college QB. He's within five percent of Bradford (68%) and McCoy (71%). He's about the same as Clausen (mid 60s). You could argue that McCoy's percentage was largely a result of the system which allowed many short throws.

    The problem I have with Tebow is the delivery. If he's got time to throw, for God's sakes, time him with a sun dial. In the NFL though (as we know) he's going to have to be more compact. While I do see the difference in the video from his pro day the consensus is that towards the end when he was tiring, he started to revert back to his old mechanics (see Leftwich, Byron). I've heard Jim Miller and Rich Gannon both state that he's at LEAST a three year project and Miller said that if this was somebody other than Tebow, he'd be a sixth round pick because changing a QB from the waist up is extremely difficult if not close to impossible.

    That said, I've mellowed a bit on Tebow. I don't like the in-your-face-home-school-Uber-Christian schtick but I'm a bit more private in my spirituality. I think he's a strong worker and I think people tend to like him. I think that can be said for Bradford and McCoy too who were very popular with their coaches and teammates for their leadership.




    his throwing motion isnt the same its alot faster now
  • @earl34 said:

    Peen, I don't have a problem with Tebow as an accurate college QB. He's within five percent of Bradford (68%) and McCoy (71%). He's about the same as Clausen (mid 60s). You could argue that McCoy's percentage was largely a result of the system which allowed many short throws.

    The problem I have with Tebow is the delivery. If he's got time to throw, for God's sakes, time him with a sun dial. In the NFL though (as we know) he's going to have to be more compact. While I do see the difference in the video from his pro day the consensus is that towards the end when he was tiring, he started to revert back to his old mechanics (see Leftwich, Byron). I've heard Jim Miller and Rich Gannon both state that he's at LEAST a three year project and Miller said that if this was somebody other than Tebow, he'd be a sixth round pick because changing a QB from the waist up is extremely difficult if not close to impossible.

    That said, I've mellowed a bit on Tebow. I don't like the in-your-face-home-school-Uber-Christian schtick but I'm a bit more private in my spirituality. I think he's a strong worker and I think people tend to like him. I think that can be said for Bradford and McCoy too who were very popular with their coaches and teammates for their leadership.




    his throwing motion isnt the same its alot faster now

    @wvubrownsfan said:

    his throwing motion isnt the same its alot faster now

    as I alluded to here...

    While I do see the difference in the video from his pro day the consensus is that towards the end when he was tiring, he started to revert back to his old mechanics (see Leftwich, Byron)

    Please read the post before replying.

  • @wvubrownsfan said:

    his throwing motion isnt the same its alot faster now

    as I alluded to here...

    While I do see the difference in the video from his pro day the consensus is that towards the end when he was tiring, he started to revert back to his old mechanics (see Leftwich, Byron)

    Please read the post before replying.

    @earl34 said:

    as I alluded to here...

    Please read the post before replying.

    except you were wrong

    which he never went back to his old motion

  • @earl34 said:

    as I alluded to here...

    Please read the post before replying.

    except you were wrong

    which he never went back to his old motion

    @wvubrownsfan said:

    except you were wrong

    which he never went back to his old motion

    That wasn't what was said on NFL Radio. They said that he looked impressive (which I agree from what I saw) but that towards the end of the session the ball position was starting to drop back to his old form. I don't have that in a quote so I apologize but it was mentioned. When this guy gets tired or when he's in a real game it's a legitimate question to ask if he'll subconsciously revert back to the way he's always thrown.

    I was a Tebow hater but I liked what I saw. I don't want to knock the guy. I am just saying that it was commented.

  • Or we could be there to watch a guy that is slated in a bunch of mock drafts to be drated at #7 by us....hello Mr. Haden

    nmills said:

    Or we could be there to watch a guy that is slated in a bunch of mock drafts to be drated at #7 by us....hello Mr. Haden

    Thanks to that link, saw Hayden ran a low 4.4 at the Pro Day. He's our pick. Anyone that takes Tebow in the top 10 is nuts.