Skip to content

Question For Browns Fans

The Browns Board
46 24 3.6k
  • Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #21
    Webster Slaughter
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Jerry Sherk, Brian Sipe, Bernie Kosar, Leroy Kelly !

  • Dante Levelli, Gene Hickerson, Ozzie Newsome, Bill Willis, Lou Groza, Otto Graham, Jim Brown, Bernie Kosar, Leroy Kelly

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #23

    nmills said:

    Dante Levelli, Gene Hickerson, Ozzie Newsome, Bill Willis, Lou Groza, Otto Graham, Jim Brown, Bernie Kosar, Leroy Kelly

    All of these except Bernie are in the Hall of Fame, so I would not say that they were underrated.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Here is a group:

    Dick Modzelewski

    Vince Costello

    Dub Jones

    Ray Renfro

    Milt Morin

    Jim Houston

    Dick Schafrath

    John Wooten

    Frank Ryan

    Walter Johnson

    Warren Lahr

    Bernie Parrish

    Erich Barnes (pronounced: E-rich)

    Big Daddy Hairston

    Tim Couch!

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Jack Gregory

  • D darubes wrote on last edited by
    #26

    The famous (in name only) wide receiver duo of Jubilee Dunbar and Fair Hooker.

  • Only other player to rival Clay Mathews in my book.............E Rock

    Cleveland-Browns-Eric-Turner.jpg

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @d-bone said:

    Only other player to rival Clay Mathews in my book.............E Rock

    Cleveland-Browns-Eric-Turner.jpg

    RIP eric! do you see berry as his second coming?

  • nmills said:

    Dante Levelli, Gene Hickerson, Ozzie Newsome, Bill Willis, Lou Groza, Otto Graham, Jim Brown, Bernie Kosar, Leroy Kelly

    All of these except Bernie are in the Hall of Fame, so I would not say that they were underrated.

    C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @the-gipper said:

    All of these except Bernie are in the Hall of Fame, so I would not say that they were underrated.

    Not underrated but I would say if you ask somebody thats not a browns fan or was born after the 80's they probably wouldn't no who some of these guy are. I know I wouldn't if it wasn't for fellow Browns fans. Other than Jim Brown, Kosar, maybe Newsome since he's a GM you dont hear much about the other guys unless your a Browns fan. Not everybody was alive 50 years ago to watch all these guys so it would be wise to inform other teams fans of our historic past.

  • daydawg19D daydawg19 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Lou Rymkus

  • @the-gipper said:

    All of these except Bernie are in the Hall of Fame, so I would not say that they were underrated.

    Not underrated but I would say if you ask somebody thats not a browns fan or was born after the 80's they probably wouldn't no who some of these guy are. I know I wouldn't if it wasn't for fellow Browns fans. Other than Jim Brown, Kosar, maybe Newsome since he's a GM you dont hear much about the other guys unless your a Browns fan. Not everybody was alive 50 years ago to watch all these guys so it would be wise to inform other teams fans of our historic past.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #30

    nmills said:

    Not underrated but I would say if you ask somebody thats not a browns fan or was born after the 80's they probably wouldn't no who some of these guy are. I know I wouldn't if it wasn't for fellow Browns fans. Other than Jim Brown, Kosar, maybe Newsome since he's a GM you dont hear much about the other guys unless your a Browns fan. Not everybody was alive 50 years ago to watch all these guys so it would be wise to inform other teams fans of our historic past.

    I would hope that you could rest assured that the audience you have on The Browns Board would know who the Hall of Famers are that played for the Browns, and that their names would be familiar to all here. If not, they all need to bone up on the team whom they are commenting upon. I didn't see all those guys when I was growing up either...well, actually, I did see them all except Willis, Lavelli, and Graham.. You get my point.

  • nmills said:

    Not underrated but I would say if you ask somebody thats not a browns fan or was born after the 80's they probably wouldn't no who some of these guy are. I know I wouldn't if it wasn't for fellow Browns fans. Other than Jim Brown, Kosar, maybe Newsome since he's a GM you dont hear much about the other guys unless your a Browns fan. Not everybody was alive 50 years ago to watch all these guys so it would be wise to inform other teams fans of our historic past.

    I would hope that you could rest assured that the audience you have on The Browns Board would know who the Hall of Famers are that played for the Browns, and that their names would be familiar to all here. If not, they all need to bone up on the team whom they are commenting upon. I didn't see all those guys when I was growing up either...well, actually, I did see them all except Willis, Lavelli, and Graham.. You get my point.

    C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @the-gipper said:

    I would hope that you could rest assured that the audience you have on The Browns Board would know who the Hall of Famers are that played for the Browns, and that their names would be familiar to all here. If not, they all need to bone up on the team whom they are commenting upon. I didn't see all those guys when I was growing up either...well, actually, I did see them all except Willis, Lavelli, and Graham.. You get my point.

    Thats not the point, the OP said fans of other teams. Im sure fans of the Browns are aware of all of them but fans of other teams especially younger fans probably aren't as aware of some of them

  • ITHIKAI ITHIKA wrote on last edited by
    #32

    Wow nobody mentioned Eric Metcalf! He was the best player the Browns had in the early nineties! Heres a link to some youtube highlights..

  • cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    pepper johnson, vinny testaburger, micheal jackson, jamir miller

  • GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Eric turner and clay mathews stand out to me but the likes of eddie johnson the priutts, doug dieken, sherk, brennon, mack, minniefield ,dixon and kosar only name a few great players that made the frame of the unit they entered the field of play with..guys that were not so well known but were incredibly solid teammates..

  • JibzJ Jibz wrote on last edited by
    #35

    What was Eric Turners story? Did he die?

  • What was Eric Turners story? Did he die?

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @jibz said:

    What was Eric Turners story? Did he die?

    If you start the did he die shit, I will personally come over and smash your face in your keyboard.

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #37

    Kelly Holcomb

  • What was Eric Turners story? Did he die?

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @jibz said:

    What was Eric Turners story? Did he die?

    here:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Turner

    one bad ass mutha!

    (sorry KFP, the person obviously didn't watch the browns then)

  • Dixon and Minniefield, Mike Johnson, Greg and Mike Pruitt, Kevin Mack, Eric Metcalf, Tom Deleone, Doug Dieken, Rob Burnett and Eric Turner to name a few. Clay Mathews, too.

    R roach wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @riffer-x said:

    Dixon and Minniefield, Mike Johnson, Greg and Mike Pruitt, Kevin Mack, Eric Metcalf, Tom Deleone, Doug Dieken, Rob Burnett and Eric Turner to name a few. Clay Mathews, too.

    Riffer beat me to it. Frank Minnifield is the best corner that i've ever seen play the game (for any team).

  • @riffer-x said:

    Dixon and Minniefield, Mike Johnson, Greg and Mike Pruitt, Kevin Mack, Eric Metcalf, Tom Deleone, Doug Dieken, Rob Burnett and Eric Turner to name a few. Clay Mathews, too.

    Riffer beat me to it. Frank Minnifield is the best corner that i've ever seen play the game (for any team).

    sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by sisky fringo
    #40

    @roach said:

    Riffer beat me to it. Frank Minnifield is the best corner that i've ever seen play the game (for any team).
    to the best of my recollection Minni got burned more than Hanford did, and if you asked Top Dawg personally i bet he'd tell you the same. 😆

    but so would Frank. lol

    those two pioneered the shut-down/complete corner in the NFL.

    BEST. TANDEM. EVER.

    (posted on youtube by FM's son Chase Minnifield, twitter @cminni13)