Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. The bible passage

The bible passage

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
25 Posts 9 Posters 1.8k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • heckofajobbrownie H
    • 6k Posts
    • 47 Reputation
    H heckofajobbrownie wrote on last edited by heckofajobbrownie
    #1

    Here's that quote:

    "Let his days be few; and let another take his office.

    Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow."

    Either you don't know what "Let his days be few" means in that Biblical passage, or you do and you're a horrible person.

    It means you want someone to die. And their family to suffer greatly.

    So did you know that it meant this, or not?

    We don't have to block off the topics. This is what we're talking about when we're talking about fringe groups. T just posted something that everyone knows is a wink and a nod to wishing someone's death. Now he can explain if this is what he meant, or if he's just quoting the Bible without knowing what's in the Bible passage he's quoting.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • heckofajobbrownie H
      • 6k Posts
      • 47 Reputation
      H heckofajobbrownie wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Silence.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • heckofajobbrownie H
        • 6k Posts
        • 47 Reputation
        H heckofajobbrownie wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I guess I'm not going to get an argument on this one. Probably a good idea.

        Though it would be nice if T would say, "Hey, I didn't know that's what the quote meant. Obviously if I'd known it meant wishing the president would die and his family suffer I wouldn't have said it."

        I won't hold my breath though.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Mr. T Mr. TM
          • 7k Posts
          • 184 Reputation
          Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
          #4

          I am surprised you have never seen this bumper sticker before, heck.

          I bet you started spotting in your panties the minute you saw it.

          But don't forget all of the old bumper sticker “01.20.09″ you know the one that you have on your prius, the I hate “W” Bumper sticker.

          “The problem is you don’t know if people who are donning that message in a shirt or on a bumper sticker are fully aware of the quote or what follows. Obviously that message makes the ambiguity disappear. If they’re just referring to him being out of office, that’s one thing. If they’re referring to him being dead, that’s so offensive. It’s protected speech, but it’s clearly offensive.”

          your context here

          change your tampon

          Well punk, I am referring to him out of office, so if you take it any other way that’s just tough.

          You can call it what you may heckles, but don't forget the iorny of free speech.

          With that being said im done with it. Lets here you cry over the next topic.

          obama_carter1.jpg

          Head or Gut?
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • heckofajobbrownie H
            • 6k Posts
            • 47 Reputation
            H heckofajobbrownie wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Nice. So quoting a biblical passage about wishing someone would die and their family would suffer is exactly like the 1/20/09 bumper stickers. Got it.

            You know, that song "I Touch Myself" really isn't about masturbation at all. It's about love. Look!

            "I don't want anybody else

            When I think about you..."

            I'm not quoting a song about masturbation! Whatever gave you that idea? It's no different than "All You Need Is Love."

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • heckofajobbrownie H
              • 6k Posts
              • 47 Reputation
              H heckofajobbrownie wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Here's a bit more of that passage you're using, T. The one you say is no different from the 1.20.09 bumper stickers some people had. ...Um, wouldn't the correct parallel to that be a bumper sticker that read "1.20.13"? Not one that means, "I hope Obama dies soon so someone else can take his office"?

              Let his days be few; and let another take his office.

              Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.

              Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.

              Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labor.

              Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favor his fatherless children.

              Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following let their name be blotted out.

              Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered with the LORD; and let not the sin of his mother be blotted out.

              Let them be before the LORD continually, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth.

              Mr. TM 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Alo A
                • 497 Posts
                • 6 Reputation
                A Alo wrote on last edited by Alo
                #7

                The Jewish theologian Emil Fackenheim recommended that Psalm 109 be read as part of Holocaust remembrance ceremonies. That tells you what kind of psalm it is.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • H heckofajobbrownie

                  Here's a bit more of that passage you're using, T. The one you say is no different from the 1.20.09 bumper stickers some people had. ...Um, wouldn't the correct parallel to that be a bumper sticker that read "1.20.13"? Not one that means, "I hope Obama dies soon so someone else can take his office"?

                  Let his days be few; and let another take his office.

                  Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.

                  Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.

                  Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labor.

                  Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favor his fatherless children.

                  Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following let their name be blotted out.

                  Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered with the LORD; and let not the sin of his mother be blotted out.

                  Let them be before the LORD continually, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth.

                  Mr. T Mr. TM
                  • 7k Posts
                  • 184 Reputation
                  Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @heckofajobbrownie said:

                  Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places

                  That is what everyone will be doing after the liberals spend our nation into bankruptcy, and while you continue to cheer for a health care bill that is unconstitutional due to the fact it allows tax dollars to be spent on abortions.

                  1 trillion dollars more debt placed upon the american people. dont forget the intrest.%

                  Head or Gut?
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • heckofajobbrownie H
                    • 6k Posts
                    • 47 Reputation
                    H heckofajobbrownie wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    It's amazing that the CBO can come out and say that it will reduce the deficit by hundreds of billions of dollars, and you still get to say that it increases it by a trillion. But whatever.

                    As for the Constitutionality, I'll happily take any bets on whether these reforms will be struck down as unconstitutional in federal court. Name your donation to Fisher House and you're on.

                    I know in your world these ridiculous 10th Amendment arguments make sense, but in the real world they really don't.

                    So name your price. I'll bet anyone.

                    W 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • H heckofajobbrownie

                      It's amazing that the CBO can come out and say that it will reduce the deficit by hundreds of billions of dollars, and you still get to say that it increases it by a trillion. But whatever.

                      As for the Constitutionality, I'll happily take any bets on whether these reforms will be struck down as unconstitutional in federal court. Name your donation to Fisher House and you're on.

                      I know in your world these ridiculous 10th Amendment arguments make sense, but in the real world they really don't.

                      So name your price. I'll bet anyone.

                      Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                      • 39k Posts
                      • 9k Reputation
                      W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                      #10

                      @heckofajobbrownie said:

                      It's amazing that the CBO can come out and say that it will reduce the deficit by hundreds of billions of dollars, and you still get to say that it increases it by a trillion. But whatever.

                      As for the Constitutionality, I'll happily take any bets on whether these reforms will be struck down as unconstitutional in federal court. Name your donation to Fisher House and you're on.

                      The constitution???

                      LOL

                      I know in your world these ridiculous 10th Amendment arguments make sense, but in the real world they really don't.

                      So name your price. I'll bet anyone.

                      I guess if I put speculative and incorrect data into my calculator the answer itself would be correct?

                      I thionk what is being said is that the program will run vastly over projections as soon as the numbers don't show up as "hoped" for.

                      GPS says arrival at 5:30, but you stop to shit, nap and have dinner.

                      Is the GPS still correct?

                      WSS

                      www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                        • 64k Posts
                        • 8k Reputation
                        C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        You wouldn't pay up, Heck, I think.

                        You'd just disappear again.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • heckofajobbrownie H
                          • 6k Posts
                          • 47 Reputation
                          H heckofajobbrownie wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Ha. No, I'll pay up for sure. If the bill ever gets overturned by the courts, I'll be sure to pop my head in whether I'm here regularly or not.

                          Who wants in? Anyone?

                          If you're so sure it's unconstitutional, let's lay some money down. $100? $500?

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 9k Posts
                            • 2k Reputation
                            ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            Up to 38 states are ready to take action. That's a lot of states.

                            If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • heckofajobbrownie H
                              • 6k Posts
                              • 47 Reputation
                              H heckofajobbrownie wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              Well, then name your bet.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • osusev O
                                • 1k Posts
                                • 4 Reputation
                                O osusev wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                good I hope these states really go beyond grand standing......

                                Lets them lead be example.....

                                No more funds for federal highway maintenence.

                                No more Educational funding for Pell grants for their states

                                No more Medicaid or Medicare for their states

                                No more insurance backing for mortgages in their states

                                do away with FBI and SEC, FCC, and every other federal oversight agencies for their states......

                                let them administer all of these options themselves and fund themselves.... I hope Alaska who is the most dependent upon federal aide does this also....

                                Hey I have an Idea maybe they should succeed from the Union.... o wait that happened before.....

                                Stupid behavior not backed up by action.....

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                  • 64k Posts
                                  • 8k Reputation
                                  C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  I'll bet you a bushel of tomatoes before, Heck.

                                  You wouldn't bet before.

                                  I'm callin ya out.

                                  Tomato up or hush up. @@

                                  H 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                    • 64k Posts
                                    • 8k Reputation
                                    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    good I hope these states really go beyond grand standing......

                                    Lets them lead be example.....

                                    **********************

                                    I don't know when you and all the Obamaoites decided that principle and defending

                                    freedom was grandstanding. If you want grandstanding, your GOPSP is what you should be watching. @@

                                    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

                                    No more funds for federal highway maintenence.

                                    WAIT. YOU MEAN IF I DON'T DRIVE ON THE HIGHWAY WHEN AND TO WHAT DESTINATION I'M TOLD,

                                    I WILL BE FINED $95 or SENT TO JAIL?

                                    **************************

                                    No more Educational funding for Pell grants for their states

                                    ****************************

                                    YOU MEAN I HAVE TO SIGN UP FOR A PELL GRANT, OR I LOSE MY CURRENT DEGREE?

                                    ****************************

                                    No more Medicaid or Medicare for their states

                                    *****************************

                                    WE TOLD YOU FOLKS WOULD BE LOSING THEIR INSURANCE AS SOON AS YOUR SOCIALIST

                                    CRONIES FOUND AN EXCUSE.

                                    ************************************

                                    No more insurance backing for mortgages in their states

                                    ************************************

                                    WE BUY OUR OWN MORTGAGE INSURANCE. WANT TO TAKE THAT TOO, YOUR HIGHNESSES ?

                                    *************************************

                                    do away with FBI and SEC, FCC, and every other federal oversight agencies for their states......

                                    *************************************

                                    RIGHT. THAT IS PHASE TWO LATER ON, TO REPLACE THE ABOVE WITH A "CIVILIAN SECURITY BROWNSHIRT FORCE"

                                    That is what you're saying?

                                    ************************************

                                    let them administer all of these options themselves and fund themselves.... I hope Alaska who is the most dependent upon federal aide does this also....

                                    ************************************

                                    FINE, AS SOON AS WE GET RID OF THE FEDERAL GOV ALLTOGETHER, I'M WITH YA. CAN I CARRY

                                    OUT PELOSI's and REID's and Franks' and Obamao, hell off of the fed Dems' bags? Please, to get them

                                    gone? You say we wouldn't need them any more?

                                    ************************************

                                    Hey I have an Idea maybe they should succeed from the Union.... o wait that happened before.....

                                    Stupid behavior not backed up by action.....

                                    **************************************

                                    Oh, so to keep the Dems in power in the wh and the senate, you want to start a violent civil war?

                                    Is that what you are saying... right?

                                    ***************

                                    Congrats, Sev, I just held a mirror up so you can see yourself. 😒

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • C calfoxwc

                                      I'll bet you a bushel of tomatoes before, Heck.

                                      You wouldn't bet before.

                                      I'm callin ya out.

                                      Tomato up or hush up. @@

                                      heckofajobbrownie H
                                      • 6k Posts
                                      • 47 Reputation
                                      H heckofajobbrownie wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @calfoxwc said:

                                      I'll bet you a bushel of tomatoes before, Heck.

                                      You wouldn't bet before.

                                      I'm callin ya out.

                                      Tomato up or hush up. @@

                                      You can't donate a bushel of tomatoes to charity from afar. When you lose, you have to donate money to Fisher House. That's how we play. Or you can name another charity. We could do St. Jude's if you like. Or Dana Farber.

                                      This is the second time you've tried to avoid a chance to put your money where your mouth is with that stupid bushel of tomato line. Give it a rest and man up.

                                      Name your price, name your charity, and you're on.

                                      W 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                                        • 28k Posts
                                        • 6k Reputation
                                        DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        Even though Heck and I don't agree on much, I think I can vouch he would pay up. I'm not willing to bet on this one though.

                                        "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • osusev O
                                          • 1k Posts
                                          • 4 Reputation
                                          O osusev wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          Thank you cal.... I was being sarcastic to demonstrate the ridiculousness of the anti reform logic.... You just even further demonstated how ridiculous your position is...

                                          Kosar_For_PresidentK 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate