Skip to content

Chris Gocong rumors?

The Browns Board
20 9 3.4k
  • @ballpeen said:

    Seems like us getting rooked to me. Sheldon Brown....isn't he 32 years old??

    That trade would never....or should I say better not happen.

    If we want Gocong, just go after him.

    a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 2 starters for one pick and were getting rooked? Would you rather have say Earl Thomas, Tebow (since you love him), John Jerry or whoever you want in the 3rd plus Gocong and Brown...... Or just one pick, seems like a no brainer to me, but your right it would probably never happen but I wish it would

    nmills said:

    a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 2 starters for one pick and were getting rooked? Would you rather have say Earl Thomas, Tebow (since you love him), John Jerry or whoever you want in the 3rd plus Gocong and Brown...... Or just one pick, seems like a no brainer to me, but your right it would probably never happen but I wish it would

    Aging corners don't excite me all that much.

    I see it as losing 17 draft slots to pick up a 2nd rounder and a player who we can probably already get for a 5th rounder.

    I don't think that is enough value.

  • nmills said:

    a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 2 starters for one pick and were getting rooked? Would you rather have say Earl Thomas, Tebow (since you love him), John Jerry or whoever you want in the 3rd plus Gocong and Brown...... Or just one pick, seems like a no brainer to me, but your right it would probably never happen but I wish it would

    Aging corners don't excite me all that much.

    I see it as losing 17 draft slots to pick up a 2nd rounder and a player who we can probably already get for a 5th rounder.

    I don't think that is enough value.

    @ballpeen said:

    Aging corners don't excite me all that much.

    I see it as losing 17 draft slots to pick up a 2nd rounder and a player who we can probably already get for a 5th rounder.

    I don't think that is enough value.

    Well hell If thats not enough value Im all for getting some more....lol I'd be estatic with what I said but if we could get more then hell yea

    Just looked it up, the Eagles 1st. 2nd. 3rd. rd. picks would be about 1300 points our 7th is worth 1500 points. A mid 3rd rounder is worth 200 points so we would be accepting Gocong and Brown for the value of a mid third. Maybe thats a little steep maybe not, I dont no it seems pretty fare

  • @ballpeen said:

    Aging corners don't excite me all that much.

    I see it as losing 17 draft slots to pick up a 2nd rounder and a player who we can probably already get for a 5th rounder.

    I don't think that is enough value.

    Well hell If thats not enough value Im all for getting some more....lol I'd be estatic with what I said but if we could get more then hell yea

    Just looked it up, the Eagles 1st. 2nd. 3rd. rd. picks would be about 1300 points our 7th is worth 1500 points. A mid 3rd rounder is worth 200 points so we would be accepting Gocong and Brown for the value of a mid third. Maybe thats a little steep maybe not, I dont no it seems pretty fare

    nmills said:

    Well hell If thats not enough value Im all for getting some more....lol I'd be estatic with what I said but if we could get more then hell yea

    Just looked it up, the Eagles 1st. 2nd. 3rd. rd. picks would be about 1300 points our 7th is worth 1500 points. A mid 3rd rounder is worth 200 points so we would be accepting Gocong and Brown for the value of a mid third. Maybe thats a little steep maybe not, I dont no it seems pretty fare

    Thanks for looking all that up....I suppose it could work....I think I would rather draft Haden or Berry, trade for Gocong....the word is a 5th could get that done....

    We already have a ton of picks. We are looking to trade up if anything....not back down...we don't want to go in to camp with 12 drafted rookies.

    My thinking is we are going to trade back in the the 2nd round, or even lower 1st round...our 2nd and a 3rd would get that done, then trade a 3rd and a 4th to bet back in to round two.

    I could see us picking at #7....then again at say #26....then again say #55...then have one 3rd round pick....whichever didn't get traded......then sit out the 4th round.....unless we trade all of the 5th rounders to get back up there somewhere.

    We do have a lot of options. Remember....quality is the key. Everybody we draft isn't going to be great, so we best look to get maybe just a couple fewer to help the odds the ones we get , hit.

    With all we have this draft, I will jump through hoops if 5 years from now we have 3 NFL solid starting players and maybe 1 solid back-up/ST guy..

    Drafts are full of hope, but the reality is most offer only 1 HOF type player and only a handful of guys who play to a pro bowl level over multiple years. Spread that over 32 teams and you get the picture.

  • I thought Gocong was a good choice about three years ago at the two three pick..

    Alll he does is be around the ball

    and make tackles

    so he would be a good addition since we are still about forty players shy of talent thanks to Sewage

    @rich4eagle said:

    I thought Gocong was a good choice about three years ago at the two three pick..

    Alll he does is be around the ball

    and make tackles

    so he would be a good addition since we are still about forty players shy of talent thanks to Sewage

    well this is a mute point gocong signed the eagles again

  • @rich4eagle said:

    I thought Gocong was a good choice about three years ago at the two three pick..

    Alll he does is be around the ball

    and make tackles

    so he would be a good addition since we are still about forty players shy of talent thanks to Sewage

    well this is a mute point gocong signed the eagles again

    @rich4eagle said:

    well this is a mute point gocong signed the eagles again

    Even though Gocong has just signed his tender contract with the Eagles for one-year and $1.1 million, he is still rumored to be involved in trade talks between the Browns and Eagles according to ESPN, NBC Sports, and cleveland.com.

    They can still trade him Rich.

  • I would say watch what happens with Gocong the two days prior to the draft (that's when the RFA period ends so the only way to get him would be via trade).

  • I would say watch what happens with Gocong the two days prior to the draft (that's when the RFA period ends so the only way to get him would be via trade).

    @earl34 said:

    I would say watch what happens with Gocong the two days prior to the draft (that's when the RFA period ends so the only way to get him would be via trade).

    He has signed his tender....which is his contract. The free agent period for him is already over. The only way he goes anywhere is if the eagles trade him.

    Any player who doesn't sign the offer is free up until the time you mention. if they don't sign with anybody, they are retained by the team with the tender rights and the player plays the year, unsigned at the tender amount. At seasons end, they become a unrestricted FA.

    Philly has plenty of motivation to just trade the guy just like we will have plenty of motivation to trade Jackson if a long term deal can't be worked out over the next several weeks.

  • hi guys,..

    i am new in this forum,..

    i found that it is very helpful for me because it contains very informative posts and sharings,..thanks

  • hi guys,..

    i am new in this forum,..

    i found that it is very helpful for me because it contains very informative posts and sharings,..thanks

    @prince said:

    hi guys,..

    i am new in this forum,..

    i found that it is very helpful for me because it contains very informative posts and sharings,..thanks

    welcome to the board! not sure why you chose to necro a thread to introduce yourself, but all the same welcome!

  • @prince said:

    hi guys,..

    i am new in this forum,..

    i found that it is very helpful for me because it contains very informative posts and sharings,..thanks

    welcome to the board! not sure why you chose to necro a thread to introduce yourself, but all the same welcome!

    Dawgfanforever88 said:

    welcome to the board! not sure why you chose to necro a thread to introduce yourself, but all the same welcome!

    LOL He wanted to point out that I called the addition of Sheldon Brown, just no quite how I planned it