Skip to content

Bet thread

Political Discussion
62 8 3.6k
  • Great! Let's bet then. How much would you like, T?

  • Im not a betting man, but if I was it wouldn't be with you. Because if I lost then I would probably have to make a donation to some group that promotes killing babies.

    I pefer ProLife. I know how it feels to lose a child at birth, and I dont understand those who can kill an unborn child.

  • Anther cowardly bolt from betting me a bushel of tomatoes? Seriously?

    Ridiculing others for not taking you up on a money bet, when you probably were

    going to donate that money anyways? You have nothing to lose? ROF,L !

    However, I KNOW you weren't going to donate a bushel of high quality, homegrown

    tomatoes to your local charity.

    I reckon you don't care if the folks who benefit from food banks go without healthy, class "AAA"

    produce.

    Or, man up, and freakin bet me a bushel of tomatoes.

    You called us out to bet, and you bailed on my simple bet. Put up or be very afraid of being a big sissy. 😒

  • Im not a betting man, but if I was it wouldn't be with you. Because if I lost then I would probably have to make a donation to some group that promotes killing babies.

    I pefer ProLife. I know how it feels to lose a child at birth, and I dont understand those who can kill an unborn child.

    @mr.-t said:

    Im not a betting man, but if I was it wouldn't be with you. Because if I lost then I would probably have to make a donation to some group that promotes killing babies.

    I pefer ProLife. I know how it feels to lose a child at birth, and I dont understand those who can kill an unborn child.

    What the....? Right out of left field.

    We already said we're playing for Fisher House, or St. Jude's, or you can name another charity we can both agree on if you like. Fisher House is a group that assists wounded veterans and their families. St. Jude's is a children's hospital. We've been pretty clear about that.

    You can get bet or not bet, but let's try to not make up bullshit excuses for why you won't so you can make a speech and accuse me of "promoting killing babies."

    Lunatic.

  • Anther cowardly bolt from betting me a bushel of tomatoes? Seriously?

    Ridiculing others for not taking you up on a money bet, when you probably were

    going to donate that money anyways? You have nothing to lose? ROF,L !

    However, I KNOW you weren't going to donate a bushel of high quality, homegrown

    tomatoes to your local charity.

    I reckon you don't care if the folks who benefit from food banks go without healthy, class "AAA"

    produce.

    Or, man up, and freakin bet me a bushel of tomatoes.

    You called us out to bet, and you bailed on my simple bet. Put up or be very afraid of being a big sissy. 😒

    @calfoxwc said:

    Anther cowardly bolt from betting me a bushel of tomatoes? Seriously?

    Ridiculing others for not taking you up on a money bet, when you probably were

    going to donate that money anyways? You have nothing to lose? ROF,L !

    However, I KNOW you weren't going to donate a bushel of high quality, homegrown

    tomatoes to your local charity.

    I reckon you don't care if the folks who benefit from food banks go without healthy, class "AAA"

    produce.

    Or, man up, and freakin bet me a bushel of tomatoes.

    You called us out to bet, and you bailed on my simple bet. Put up or be very afraid of being a big sissy. 😒

    Cal, this is mind-numbingly stupid. I can't confirm that you have given a bushel of tomatoes. Nor do I grow bushels of tomatoes to give. And it wouldn't make much sense for me to go buy a bunch of tomatoes and then give them to a local food bank. I'd just give them the money and they can buy whatever food they want with it.

    This is how you dodged the last bet. And now you're using this ridiculous excuse to dodge this one. As if the only currency in the world we could ever agree to use is bushels of tomatoes.

    If $100 is too much for you, we can do it for $5. Or whatever you think a bushel of tomatoes is worth. I don't care.

    But you don't get to dodge the bet (again) and then accuse me of dodging a bet that I offered to make in the first place. Everyone who is reading this can tell you're being ridiculous. It's not just me.

    Name your price. Diehard manned up, and paid up like a man when he lost. Then he posted his receipt to me so I could tell he didn't welch.

    Will you do the same? I won't hold my breath.

  • Oh, Steve. If you haven't mellowed by now, you're not going to, brother.

    @heckofajobbrownie said:

    Oh, Steve. If you haven't mellowed by now, you're not going to, brother.

    Hey in high school I was pretty far left.

    We made up a little cadre called Students for Constructive Social Reform.

    Even had a booth at some silly gathering at a liberal church. Two booths down from the SDS!!

    😎

    WSS

  • Of course you were! You don't get the way you are by seeing your political hopes and dreams come true.

    Hey, we both look at our paychecks and go, "Holy shit!" Just for different reasons.

    Just like the lady in Raising Arizona says, "Government sure takes a bite, don't she?""

  • Of course you were! You don't get the way you are by seeing your political hopes and dreams come true.

    Hey, we both look at our paychecks and go, "Holy shit!" Just for different reasons.

    Just like the lady in Raising Arizona says, "Government sure takes a bite, don't she?""

    @heckofajobbrownie said:

    Of course you were! You don't get the way you are by seeing your political hopes and dreams come true.

    Pretty close to the truth Heck.

    And partly realizing what a bunch of choads some of these guys actually are.

    Hey, we both look at our paychecks and go, "Holy shit!" Just for different reasons.

    Could be. I'm truly amazed that I earn slightly over the median for doing a job I actually enjoy.

    Just like the lady in Raising Arizona says, "Government sure takes a bite, don't she?""

    And as a self employed guy I gotta write a check for it all instead of just never seeing it.

    WSS

  • I don't know which is worse, watching them take it chunk by chunk, or paying for it like you do. Personally, one reforms I'd like to see is have the government print not just what is coming out of your check for SS and Medicare, but also for the other stuff: defense, education, environment, housing, etc. People would have a much better idea where their money goes, and what needs to be cut.

    Instead of right now, where the answer you usually get is "welfare" and "foreign aid." Especially from you guys.

    As for the choads ...you have no idea.

  • I don't know which is worse, watching them take it chunk by chunk, or paying for it like you do. Personally, one reforms I'd like to see is have the government print not just what is coming out of your check for SS and Medicare, but also for the other stuff: defense, education, environment, housing, etc. People would have a much better idea where their money goes, and what needs to be cut.

    Instead of right now, where the answer you usually get is "welfare" and "foreign aid." Especially from you guys.

    As for the choads ...you have no idea.

    @heckofajobbrownie said:

    I don't know which is worse, watching them take it chunk by chunk, or paying for it like you do. Personally, one reforms I'd like to see is have the government print not just what is coming out of your check for SS and Medicare, but also for the other stuff: defense, education, environment, housing, etc. People would have a much better idea where their money goes, and what needs to be cut.

    Instead of right now, where the answer you usually get is "welfare" and "foreign aid." Especially from you guys.

    As for the choads ...you have no idea.

    Me?

    I've always said welfare is a minor cost. I just don't like the societal damage it seems to do.

    Plus it pisses me off to see truly needy people short changed as dirtbags crowd the trough.

    And there are too many hands out along the welfare dollar beltline and too many poitical landmines along the road to fixing it.

    WSS

  • Cal, this is mind-numbingly stupid. I can't confirm that you have given a bushel of tomatoes. Nor do I grow bushels of tomatoes to give. And it wouldn't make much sense for me to go buy a bunch of tomatoes and then give them to a local food bank. I'd just give them the money and they can buy whatever food they want with it.

    **************************************************

    yes, you can. I can get a receipt, and post it on this board. I can give you their phone number and address.

    I ALREADY said, I would take Steve with me, and he can FILM it with my very cool camcorder. And YOU talk about T

    having bullshit EXCUSES? Gosh, you don't grow tomatoes to give? Well, I have been unemployed for a year and a half,

    numbnuts. It's easy to just write a freakin check. it's a little more genuine, to go buy the tomatoes for them,

    and donate them. I'm not betting the food bank, I'm betting YOU. They don't give money to people for food.

    A little legwork too much for you, Heck? Not all that up to paying up on a bet that isn't just writing a check you are probably going to write anyways?

    I can't go buy the money, Heck, but you CAN buy the tomatoes. This fear you have of tomato donating

    can probably be resolved by a little courage. @@

    ***************************************************

    This is how you dodged the last bet. And now you're using this ridiculous excuse to dodge this one. As if the only currency in the world we could ever agree to use is bushels of tomatoes.

    **************************************************

    YOU ARE THE ONE who wanted to bet "name the price and charity and you're on"

    So, I NAMED THE PRICE AND THE CHARITY. You don't get to control the price and charity? TOO BAD.

    You just cried about not having tomatoes. I am not working professionally for a year and a half.

    I think my resume is pretty nice, but relatively worthless, what I did has become obsolute around Ohio and a lot of the

    country.

    ****************************************

    If $100 is too much for you, we can do it for $5. Or whatever you think a bushel of tomatoes is worth. I don't care.

    ****************************************

    If you don't have the tomatoes, and if going out and carrying the heavy, your groin tweaking load of a bushel of tomatoes, we can make it for a peck of tomatoes. Or a couple of big cans of tomato sauce from Sam's Club.

    YOU claimed you would accept the price and charity terms, not me.

    You don't get to dodge what you asked for, then turn around and cry that a bushel of tomatoes is too rough on you.

    Let's just make it two tomatoes, Heck. That should strain your groin, eh?

    I just said I can video it, send you a receipt, post a receipt, have witnesses, and you are refusing a bet.

    Your bravdo is what is ridiculous. My terms are serious, even though it is pretty funny.

    So, I think:

    1. Your groin can't take lifting much weight, but a little check is light enough for you....

    2. You stand by your money bet, because you were going to send that money anyways, even if nobody

    was betting you. You don't "pay" anything for losing.

    3. I am calling you out on your dare. And you look mightly silly frantically claiming "fowl"

    and squawking like a frightened chicken. I'm sorry, if/when you would LOSE the bet, I don't live

    close enough to come carry the bushel of tomatoes for you so you won't strain anything important.

    Your call. You asked, I answered, and now you run and make up deepsheet excuses.

    Live by the sword, die by the sword.

    What goes around comes around.

    A stitch in time save... eh, you know what I mean.

    Put up, or stop whining like a billy goat caught in the fence. 😒

  • Actually this whole "bet" thing is what is mind-numbingly stupid. Yep heck you feel pretty cocky riding up on your high horse because you think meaningful health reform has been implemented. Unfortunately it's pretty lackluster as far as true reform goes.

  • I'm not on my high horse about anything. I just get a little tired of listening to all the screeching you guys are doing about the bill, like that it's UNCONSTITUTIONAL. It isn't unconstitutional.

    So I challenged anyone who made those claims - and there were a bunch of you - to back it up. Yes, let's see how certain you are of that thing you just wrote in giant font with exclamation points!

    Turns out nobody is that certain. They were just running their mouth off, not only about this, but pretty much everything else.

    One of these days you're all going to calm down and realize that none of the predictions about our ruin or how liberals want to control every aspect of your lives had even the tiniest hint of truth to them. It's just screeching from people who are having a really tough time figuring out what's really going on.

  • And Cal, if you haven't worked for 18 months, I'm not going to ask you to give anything to charity. You keep those tomatoes for you and yours. Make a nice pasta dish. I'll even send you a good recipe.

    We'll make it a gentlemen's bet. I bet you that the health care law that just passed will not be deemed unconstitutional and will remain the law of the land.

  • come on Heck.... seriously constitutional law....... pretty heavy reading for anyone...... cal and company are not interested in studying anything objectively so constitutional law is WAY beyond them.

    All they want to do is post op-ed pieces and parrot what their party politics are pushing toward the sheep.

    I once thought you could actually reason and have a real discussion on the merits of each respective position........ but that is not possible.

  • come on Heck.... seriously constitutional law....... pretty heavy reading for anyone...... cal and company are not interested in studying anything objectively so constitutional law is WAY beyond them.

    All they want to do is post op-ed pieces and parrot what their party politics are pushing toward the sheep.

    I once thought you could actually reason and have a real discussion on the merits of each respective position........ but that is not possible.

    @osusev said:

    come on Heck.... seriously constitutional law....... pretty heavy reading for anyone...... cal and company are not interested in studying anything objectively so constitutional law is WAY beyond them.

    Unlike you , right professor?

    😆

    So answer, brag boy, I don't expect the SC would consider it unconstitutional BUT I bet there'd be at least one or two dissenting votes if ut gets there.

    So it's most likely not as cut and dried as your vast expertise might lead you to believe.

  • Well, it should make for an interesting bet then, wouldn't it?

  • @osusev said:

    come on Heck.... seriously constitutional law....... pretty heavy reading for anyone...... cal and company are not interested in studying anything objectively so constitutional law is WAY beyond them.

    Unlike you , right professor?

    😆

    So answer, brag boy, I don't expect the SC would consider it unconstitutional BUT I bet there'd be at least one or two dissenting votes if ut gets there.

    So it's most likely not as cut and dried as your vast expertise might lead you to believe.

    @westside-steve said:

    Unlike you , right professor?

    😆

    So answer, brag boy, I don't expect the SC would consider it unconstitutional BUT I bet there'd be at least one or two dissenting votes if ut gets there.

    So it's most likely not as cut and dried as your vast expertise might lead you to believe.

    Quite honestly Steve when it comes to Law.... I hire lawyers... Constitutional law..... no idea and the balance of states rights versus federal..... another heavy read subject that I am not qualified to answer....

    I do happen to read and study a lot of things but not this.... (its a little dry for my tastes)

    My gut feeling is that the Federal government IF they pass something of this magnitude they do hold a lot of leverage in terms of Highway construction funds that EVERY state needs (ie the minimum drinking age) that they can use......

    As for Constitutionality ...... well the medicare expansion was passed federally those also in theory might have to be rolled back also...... I dont see that likely....... and federal criminal laws have seperate jurisdiction within each state...... as do tax laws.......

    It just does not make any logical sense.....

  • Congress has no power to make someone buy something.

    the 10th amendment limits the powers of the government to only those SPECIFICALLY granted by the constitution.

    It doesn't matter if there is nothing in the constitution to prevent the government from requiring the purchase of health insurance. That's not the way our law works. The power has to be specifically given to congress BY the constitution for it to be legal.

    The power of Congress include:

    the powers to levy and collect taxes; to coin money and regulate its value; provide for punishment for counterfeiting; establish post offices and roads, promote progress of science by issuing patents, create federal courts inferior to the Supreme Court, define and punish piracies and felonies, declare war, raise and support armies, provide and maintain a navy, make rules for the regulation of land and naval forces, provide for, arm, and discipline the militia, exercise exclusive legislation in the District of Columbia, and to make laws necessary to properly execute these powers.

    Sorry libs, forced health care is not constitutional.

  • Well, then. You can rest easy, huh?

    Problem is, you've got the commerce clause, and you've got the provisions that give Congress the power to tax and spend money.