Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Colt McCoy Impresses during ProDay, Rams to work out McCoy

Colt McCoy Impresses during ProDay, Rams to work out McCoy

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
31 Posts 12 Posters 3.1k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • kamac19 kamac19K One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 283 Posts
    • 44 Reputation
    kamac19K kamac19 wrote on last edited by kamac19
    #1

    Colt McCoy impresses during ProDay

    Colt McCoy to work out for Rams

    Wonder if this is just the Rams having a token look at McCoy or is there really a thought that they are going elsewhere with there #1 pick than Bradford.

    I 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
      • 57k Posts
      • 4k Reputation
      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Which McCoy is this: Colt McCoy or the DL McCoy from Oklahoma?

      kamac19K 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
        • 57k Posts
        • 4k Reputation
        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Or how about this: the Rams pick Gerald McCoy with the first pick of the first round, and pick Colt McCoy with the first pick of the second round. Keep it all in the family.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • The GipperT The Gipper

          Which McCoy is this: Colt McCoy or the DL McCoy from Oklahoma?

          kamac19 kamac19K One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 283 Posts
          • 44 Reputation
          kamac19K kamac19 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @the-gipper said:

          Which McCoy is this: Colt McCoy or the DL McCoy from Oklahoma?

          Post edited cheers, but yes you could be right might end up with both McCoy's on there roster

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Earl34 E
            • 1k Posts
            • 11 Reputation
            E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            For those wondering, he threw about 60 passes. He completed all of them.

            He threw the whole route tree on the left and right. He threw from 3 and 5 step drops and rollouts to simulate the pull away from center.

            12 throws were over 40 yards. Mike Mayock commented that his deep touch was very good.

            Pete Carroll termed his arm strength "solid". Gil Brandt commented that his footwork was excellent.

            Todd McShay thought he was average. Then again, Todd McShay has been knocking everyone not named Bradford so I kind of wonder if this guy is really believable.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • playerjdd P
              • 360 Posts
              • 1 Reputation
              P playerjdd wrote on last edited by
              #6

              So what kind of shakeup would it be if the Rams dont draft Bradford??? Everyone keeps saying Washington would draft Bradford if he falls to 4 but i have my doubts about that. I see Buffalo being the darkhorse trading up with Kansas City or Seattle. It would be smart for Cleveland to trade down later in the first and pick up Clausen when he drops down to mid first.

              HaysiDawgH 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • ClevelandFanForLife ClevelandFanForLifeC One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 2k Posts
                • 100 Reputation
                ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I'm not sure about McCoy. He's been described as a poor man's Kyle Orton. Enough said.

                once a fan, always a fan. married to a steeler fan. aaaaaaaaah! --andy
                E 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Rooster Dick Rooster DickR
                  • 411 Posts
                  • 12 Reputation
                  Rooster DickR Rooster Dick wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  McCoy has absolutely no resemblance to Kyle Orton. What you be smoking?

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife

                    I'm not sure about McCoy. He's been described as a poor man's Kyle Orton. Enough said.

                    Earl34 E
                    • 1k Posts
                    • 11 Reputation
                    E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @clevelandfanforlife said:

                    I'm not sure about McCoy. He's been described as a poor man's Kyle Orton. Enough said.

                    He's also been compared to Drew Brees. 'nuff said...

                    ClevelandFanForLifeC 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • E Earl34

                      @clevelandfanforlife said:

                      I'm not sure about McCoy. He's been described as a poor man's Kyle Orton. Enough said.

                      He's also been compared to Drew Brees. 'nuff said...

                      ClevelandFanForLife ClevelandFanForLifeC One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 2k Posts
                      • 100 Reputation
                      ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @earl34 said:

                      He's also been compared to Drew Brees. 'nuff said...

                      McCoy doesn't have the arm that Brees has. If Holmgren thinks McCoy can be the quarterback of the future, then I trust him. Draft day(s) will the very interesting.

                      once a fan, always a fan. married to a steeler fan. aaaaaaaaah! --andy
                      E 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife

                        @earl34 said:

                        He's also been compared to Drew Brees. 'nuff said...

                        McCoy doesn't have the arm that Brees has. If Holmgren thinks McCoy can be the quarterback of the future, then I trust him. Draft day(s) will the very interesting.

                        Earl34 E
                        • 1k Posts
                        • 11 Reputation
                        E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @clevelandfanforlife said:

                        McCoy doesn't have the arm that Brees has.

                        Do you have a source for this comparison?

                        miktoxicM 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • E Earl34

                          @clevelandfanforlife said:

                          McCoy doesn't have the arm that Brees has.

                          Do you have a source for this comparison?

                          miktoxic miktoxicM
                          • 13k Posts
                          • 1k Reputation
                          miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @earl34 said:

                          Do you have a source for this comparison?

                          yes it's called tv. and if you get it (before midnight tonight) with internet and phone it's only $39 a month. ZOWEE!!!!

                          E 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • miktoxicM miktoxic

                            @earl34 said:

                            Do you have a source for this comparison?

                            yes it's called tv. and if you get it (before midnight tonight) with internet and phone it's only $39 a month. ZOWEE!!!!

                            Earl34 E
                            • 1k Posts
                            • 11 Reputation
                            E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @miktoxic said:

                            yes it's called tv. and if you get it (before midnight tonight) with internet and phone it's only $39 a month. ZOWEE!!!!

                            Well, I've seen both Brees and Colt throw in person. There isn't that much difference.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • HaysiDawg HaysiDawgH
                              • 42 Posts
                              • 0 Reputation
                              HaysiDawgH HaysiDawg wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              Is it just me or do most of you not have that "Colt" confidence?

                              He's really not shown me much and ever since he bailed in the championship game I've really lost faith in the guy. Hell I feel Tebow has more moxy and fight than this guy.

                              I just don't see his "competitive" side. He's soft.

                              I still like Pike in the 3rd and wouldn't hate Tebow in the 2nd. Tebow's a winner and a fighter and that will translate in the NFL.

                              I really don't think Mike would spend a first round pick on any of these QB's. ESPECIALLY since he got Delhomme and Wallace. C'mon ~THINK!

                              E H 2 Replies Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • HaysiDawgH HaysiDawg

                                Is it just me or do most of you not have that "Colt" confidence?

                                He's really not shown me much and ever since he bailed in the championship game I've really lost faith in the guy. Hell I feel Tebow has more moxy and fight than this guy.

                                I just don't see his "competitive" side. He's soft.

                                I still like Pike in the 3rd and wouldn't hate Tebow in the 2nd. Tebow's a winner and a fighter and that will translate in the NFL.

                                I really don't think Mike would spend a first round pick on any of these QB's. ESPECIALLY since he got Delhomme and Wallace. C'mon ~THINK!

                                Earl34 E
                                • 1k Posts
                                • 11 Reputation
                                E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @haysidawg said:

                                Is it just me or do most of you not have that "Colt" confidence?

                                He's really not shown me much and ever since he bailed in the championship game I've really lost faith in the guy. Hell I feel Tebow has more moxy and fight than this guy.

                                I just don't see his "competitive" side. He's soft.

                                I still like Pike in the 3rd and wouldn't hate Tebow in the 2nd. Tebow's a winner and a fighter and that will translate in the NFL.

                                I really don't think Mike would spend a first round pick on any of these QB's. ESPECIALLY since he got Delhomme and Wallace. C'mon ~THINK!

                                I'm not saying he's first round material. I trust Holmgren to decide.

                                To say he "bailed" suggests to me that you know nothing of medicine and to say he's soft clearly indicates that you probably haven't seen more than that BCS Championship.

                                Colt McCoy has started 54 straight games. He's found ways to win. He's led his team to fourth quarter comebacks even when he didn't have his best stuff. Is his game flawed? Probably so. Is he a work in progress? Definitely. Is he soft? Hell no. Colt McCoy never gave up on a game ever. Anyone who suggests he didn't want to come back in the BCS Championship is really full of $hit. The kid grew up dreaming of leading UT to a championship and came back to school for his senior year to do so. To imply that he bailed on that game is preposterous.

                                HaysiDawgH 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • P playerjdd

                                  So what kind of shakeup would it be if the Rams dont draft Bradford??? Everyone keeps saying Washington would draft Bradford if he falls to 4 but i have my doubts about that. I see Buffalo being the darkhorse trading up with Kansas City or Seattle. It would be smart for Cleveland to trade down later in the first and pick up Clausen when he drops down to mid first.

                                  HaysiDawg HaysiDawgH
                                  • 42 Posts
                                  • 0 Reputation
                                  HaysiDawgH HaysiDawg wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @playerjdd said:

                                  So what kind of shakeup would it be if the Rams dont draft Bradford??? Everyone keeps saying Washington would draft Bradford if he falls to 4 but i have my doubts about that. I see Buffalo being the darkhorse trading up with Kansas City or Seattle. It would be smart for Cleveland to trade down later in the first and pick up Clausen when he drops down to mid first.

                                  😳 Clausen..? REALLY? Clausen...? C'mon man!

                                  I really think we should stay away from that kid.

                                  I really don't want us to trade down either. Remember last year's draft? We passed on Clay Jr., Maualuga, & Raji...Remember how it felt passing on those guys?ALL those guys could have helped us in Cleveland this year...We've got what..12 picks now? We need to load up this year! We've got the cash, let's get the players! Let's play to win this year!

                                  Let's get some top tier picks who can help us NOW!

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • E Earl34

                                    @haysidawg said:

                                    Is it just me or do most of you not have that "Colt" confidence?

                                    He's really not shown me much and ever since he bailed in the championship game I've really lost faith in the guy. Hell I feel Tebow has more moxy and fight than this guy.

                                    I just don't see his "competitive" side. He's soft.

                                    I still like Pike in the 3rd and wouldn't hate Tebow in the 2nd. Tebow's a winner and a fighter and that will translate in the NFL.

                                    I really don't think Mike would spend a first round pick on any of these QB's. ESPECIALLY since he got Delhomme and Wallace. C'mon ~THINK!

                                    I'm not saying he's first round material. I trust Holmgren to decide.

                                    To say he "bailed" suggests to me that you know nothing of medicine and to say he's soft clearly indicates that you probably haven't seen more than that BCS Championship.

                                    Colt McCoy has started 54 straight games. He's found ways to win. He's led his team to fourth quarter comebacks even when he didn't have his best stuff. Is his game flawed? Probably so. Is he a work in progress? Definitely. Is he soft? Hell no. Colt McCoy never gave up on a game ever. Anyone who suggests he didn't want to come back in the BCS Championship is really full of $hit. The kid grew up dreaming of leading UT to a championship and came back to school for his senior year to do so. To imply that he bailed on that game is preposterous.

                                    HaysiDawg HaysiDawgH
                                    • 42 Posts
                                    • 0 Reputation
                                    HaysiDawgH HaysiDawg wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @earl34 said:

                                    I'm not saying he's first round material. I trust Holmgren to decide.

                                    To say he "bailed" suggests to me that you know nothing of medicine and to say he's soft clearly indicates that you probably haven't seen more than that BCS Championship.

                                    Colt McCoy has started 54 straight games. He's found ways to win. He's led his team to fourth quarter comebacks even when he didn't have his best stuff. Is his game flawed? Probably so. Is he a work in progress? Definitely. Is he soft? Hell no. Colt McCoy never gave up on a game ever. Anyone who suggests he didn't want to come back in the BCS Championship is really full of $hit. The kid grew up dreaming of leading UT to a championship and came back to school for his senior year to do so. To imply that he bailed on that game is preposterous.

                                    Well you got me...I'm NOT a doctor. But I'll wager you're not one either. In this AP artictle printed just yesterday:

                                    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...FFEzyQD9EPRVC01

                                    It states that his arm was numb due to a pinched nerve. If you watched the whole game it appeared he had a full range of motion before the evening was through. True maybe I haven't seen enough film on the kid and shouldn't base my judgement solely on the performance of that one game. But from what I have seen of him, he played behind a talented line with talented recievers and I've really never seen him take a big hit until that game.

                                    Ask yourself this....If you really dreamed of leading your favorite college team to a BCS championship...and you really were a football player....wouldn't you leave your left nut out there for the everlasting glory?

                                    E 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • HaysiDawgH HaysiDawg

                                      @earl34 said:

                                      I'm not saying he's first round material. I trust Holmgren to decide.

                                      To say he "bailed" suggests to me that you know nothing of medicine and to say he's soft clearly indicates that you probably haven't seen more than that BCS Championship.

                                      Colt McCoy has started 54 straight games. He's found ways to win. He's led his team to fourth quarter comebacks even when he didn't have his best stuff. Is his game flawed? Probably so. Is he a work in progress? Definitely. Is he soft? Hell no. Colt McCoy never gave up on a game ever. Anyone who suggests he didn't want to come back in the BCS Championship is really full of $hit. The kid grew up dreaming of leading UT to a championship and came back to school for his senior year to do so. To imply that he bailed on that game is preposterous.

                                      Well you got me...I'm NOT a doctor. But I'll wager you're not one either. In this AP artictle printed just yesterday:

                                      http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...FFEzyQD9EPRVC01

                                      It states that his arm was numb due to a pinched nerve. If you watched the whole game it appeared he had a full range of motion before the evening was through. True maybe I haven't seen enough film on the kid and shouldn't base my judgement solely on the performance of that one game. But from what I have seen of him, he played behind a talented line with talented recievers and I've really never seen him take a big hit until that game.

                                      Ask yourself this....If you really dreamed of leading your favorite college team to a BCS championship...and you really were a football player....wouldn't you leave your left nut out there for the everlasting glory?

                                      Earl34 E
                                      • 1k Posts
                                      • 11 Reputation
                                      E Earl34 wrote on last edited by Earl34
                                      #18

                                      @haysidawg said:

                                      Well you got me...I'm NOT a doctor. But I'll wager you're not one either. In this AP artictle printed just yesterday:

                                      http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...FFEzyQD9EPRVC01

                                      It states that his arm was numb due to a pinched nerve. If you watched the whole game it appeared he had a full range of motion before the evening was through. True maybe I haven't seen enough film on the kid and shouldn't base my judgement solely on the performance of that one game. But from what I have seen of him, he played behind a talented line with talented recievers and I've really never seen him take a big hit until that game.

                                      Ask yourself this....If you really dreamed of leading your favorite college team to a BCS championship...and you really were a football player....wouldn't you leave your left nut out there for the everlasting glory?

                                      a) Yes, I am a doctor

                                      😎 Colt McCoy's injury was a stretched brachial plexus. That doesn't mean he can't move his shoulder. The brachial plexus innervates the arm and carries both motor and sensory fibers. I was at the game and I watched him on the sideline in front of me.

                                      c) Mack Brown refused to jeopardize him by putting him back in. He said there was NO way he was going back in no matter how much he begged and my source told me he begged plenty.

                                      HaysiDawgH 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • E Earl34

                                        @haysidawg said:

                                        Well you got me...I'm NOT a doctor. But I'll wager you're not one either. In this AP artictle printed just yesterday:

                                        http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...FFEzyQD9EPRVC01

                                        It states that his arm was numb due to a pinched nerve. If you watched the whole game it appeared he had a full range of motion before the evening was through. True maybe I haven't seen enough film on the kid and shouldn't base my judgement solely on the performance of that one game. But from what I have seen of him, he played behind a talented line with talented recievers and I've really never seen him take a big hit until that game.

                                        Ask yourself this....If you really dreamed of leading your favorite college team to a BCS championship...and you really were a football player....wouldn't you leave your left nut out there for the everlasting glory?

                                        a) Yes, I am a doctor

                                        😎 Colt McCoy's injury was a stretched brachial plexus. That doesn't mean he can't move his shoulder. The brachial plexus innervates the arm and carries both motor and sensory fibers. I was at the game and I watched him on the sideline in front of me.

                                        c) Mack Brown refused to jeopardize him by putting him back in. He said there was NO way he was going back in no matter how much he begged and my source told me he begged plenty.

                                        HaysiDawg HaysiDawgH
                                        • 42 Posts
                                        • 0 Reputation
                                        HaysiDawgH HaysiDawg wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @earl34 said:

                                        a) Yes, I am a doctor

                                        😎 Colt McCoy's injury was a stretched brachial plexus. That doesn't mean he can't move his shoulder. The brachial plexus innervates the arm and carries both motor and sensory fibers. I was at the game and I watched him on the sideline in front of me.

                                        c) Mack Brown refused to jeopardize him by putting him back in. He said there was NO way he was going back in no matter how much he begged and my source told me he begged plenty.

                                        Yeah...Really? Well I'm the f#%king pope....You think you can take time from your busy schedule of seeing patients and perusing "The Browns Board" to write me a perscription for bullshit in my ear?

                                        And if you were at the game you really know what a puss willer he is.

                                        Oh...And stew on this...The backup put up 21.....The backup.

                                        E 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • HaysiDawgH HaysiDawg

                                          @earl34 said:

                                          a) Yes, I am a doctor

                                          😎 Colt McCoy's injury was a stretched brachial plexus. That doesn't mean he can't move his shoulder. The brachial plexus innervates the arm and carries both motor and sensory fibers. I was at the game and I watched him on the sideline in front of me.

                                          c) Mack Brown refused to jeopardize him by putting him back in. He said there was NO way he was going back in no matter how much he begged and my source told me he begged plenty.

                                          Yeah...Really? Well I'm the f#%king pope....You think you can take time from your busy schedule of seeing patients and perusing "The Browns Board" to write me a perscription for bullshit in my ear?

                                          And if you were at the game you really know what a puss willer he is.

                                          Oh...And stew on this...The backup put up 21.....The backup.

                                          Earl34 E
                                          • 1k Posts
                                          • 11 Reputation
                                          E Earl34 wrote on last edited by Earl34
                                          #20

                                          @haysidawg said:

                                          Yeah...Really? Well I'm the f#%king pope....You think you can take time from your busy schedule of seeing patients and perusing "The Browns Board" to write me a perscription for bullshit in my ear?

                                          And if you were at the game you really know what a puss willer he is.

                                          Oh...And stew on this...The backup put up 21.....The backup.

                                          I wouldn't waste my time on you. You're nothing but an agenda-filled troll. The backup putting 21 on Bama has nothing to do with Colt McCoy. You're just pissed because your theory of him wussing out isn't supported by any evidence and now you're crying.

                                          HaysiDawgH 1 Reply Last reply
                                          ❤
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate