Skip to content

Why

The Browns Board
19 7 1.8k
  • My why question is ....Why just because they are athletes should they have to give up their 2nd amendment rights. It makes no sense to me. I think that it is irresponsible as a gun owner to have it in your carry on and forget about it. But at the same time, I have been open carrying before and "forgot" that I had it on my hip and got in my truck to drive (not aloud if you are not a ccw holder). This should not be as big a deal as it is

  • You are so far off with your explanations that I won't even begin.

    Try a little harder....if dick size compensation is all you can come up with.

    This is all very fairy~tale like to you.....

  • My why question is ....Why just because they are athletes should they have to give up their 2nd amendment rights. It makes no sense to me. I think that it is irresponsible as a gun owner to have it in your carry on and forget about it. But at the same time, I have been open carrying before and "forgot" that I had it on my hip and got in my truck to drive (not aloud if you are not a ccw holder). This should not be as big a deal as it is

    @skinny said:

    My why question is ....Why just because they are athletes should they have to give up their 2nd amendment rights. It makes no sense to me. I think that it is irresponsible as a gun owner to have it in your carry on and forget about it. But at the same time, I have been open carrying before and "forgot" that I had it on my hip and got in my truck to drive (not aloud if you are not a ccw holder). This should not be as big a deal as it is

    it depends on whate state you're in. in new york you can't even get a handgun unless you're a police officer or an official of some type. when i lived in az you could walk around with a gun on your side. the problem has been with the thugs and gangs. they helped beef up all these laws, unfortunately they're the ones that can get all the guns (illegally) and use them on you and me. back on topic: my why question: why not just hire a bodyguard?

  • @skinny said:

    My why question is ....Why just because they are athletes should they have to give up their 2nd amendment rights. It makes no sense to me. I think that it is irresponsible as a gun owner to have it in your carry on and forget about it. But at the same time, I have been open carrying before and "forgot" that I had it on my hip and got in my truck to drive (not aloud if you are not a ccw holder). This should not be as big a deal as it is

    it depends on whate state you're in. in new york you can't even get a handgun unless you're a police officer or an official of some type. when i lived in az you could walk around with a gun on your side. the problem has been with the thugs and gangs. they helped beef up all these laws, unfortunately they're the ones that can get all the guns (illegally) and use them on you and me. back on topic: my why question: why not just hire a bodyguard?

    @miktoxic said:

    it depends on whate state you're in. in new york you can't even get a handgun unless you're a police officer or an official of some type. when i lived in az you could walk around with a gun on your side. the problem has been with the thugs and gangs. they helped beef up all these laws, unfortunately they're the ones that can get all the guns (illegally) and use them on you and me. back on topic: my why question: why not just hire a bodyguard?

    Bodyguard for what? Dudes almost 400lbs aint nobody messin with him unless they have a gun. Which is why he carries a gun to protect himself against criminals with guns. I would trust myself to protect my life before I trusted some other guy I was paying. You dont know how a bodyguard would react in that situation, he might run scared. Anyway he was just going to the airport, its not like he's the president or something you wouldnt expect to need a bodyguard to board a flight. The guy made a dumb mistake, maybe somebody packed his bags for him and he really didnt know it was there. Whatever happened im sure he'll learn from it, move on accept his punishment. It doesnt make him a bad character person, or a thug or whatever people jump to conclusions about.

  • @skinny said:

    My why question is ....Why just because they are athletes should they have to give up their 2nd amendment rights. It makes no sense to me. I think that it is irresponsible as a gun owner to have it in your carry on and forget about it. But at the same time, I have been open carrying before and "forgot" that I had it on my hip and got in my truck to drive (not aloud if you are not a ccw holder). This should not be as big a deal as it is

    it depends on whate state you're in. in new york you can't even get a handgun unless you're a police officer or an official of some type. when i lived in az you could walk around with a gun on your side. the problem has been with the thugs and gangs. they helped beef up all these laws, unfortunately they're the ones that can get all the guns (illegally) and use them on you and me. back on topic: my why question: why not just hire a bodyguard?

    @miktoxic said:

    it depends on whate state you're in. in new york you can't even get a handgun unless you're a police officer or an official of some type. when i lived in az you could walk around with a gun on your side. the problem has been with the thugs and gangs. they helped beef up all these laws, unfortunately they're the ones that can get all the guns (illegally) and use them on you and me. back on topic: my why question: why not just hire a bodyguard?

    Ohio is an open carry state as well. Although you just get arrested for inciting panic. Quit sad that people are so naive to there own laws......you know what I am just gonna stop here before I get on a tangent. this is n't the politics forum so we leave it to Rodgers. Unfortunate Mistake, like I said this shouldn't be this big of a deal.

  • @miktoxic said:

    it depends on whate state you're in. in new york you can't even get a handgun unless you're a police officer or an official of some type. when i lived in az you could walk around with a gun on your side. the problem has been with the thugs and gangs. they helped beef up all these laws, unfortunately they're the ones that can get all the guns (illegally) and use them on you and me. back on topic: my why question: why not just hire a bodyguard?

    Bodyguard for what? Dudes almost 400lbs aint nobody messin with him unless they have a gun. Which is why he carries a gun to protect himself against criminals with guns. I would trust myself to protect my life before I trusted some other guy I was paying. You dont know how a bodyguard would react in that situation, he might run scared. Anyway he was just going to the airport, its not like he's the president or something you wouldnt expect to need a bodyguard to board a flight. The guy made a dumb mistake, maybe somebody packed his bags for him and he really didnt know it was there. Whatever happened im sure he'll learn from it, move on accept his punishment. It doesnt make him a bad character person, or a thug or whatever people jump to conclusions about.

    nmills said:

    maybe somebody packed his bags for him and he really didnt know it was there.

    you don't trust a bodyguard, but you trust somebody to pack your bags?

  • nmills said:

    maybe somebody packed his bags for him and he really didnt know it was there.

    you don't trust a bodyguard, but you trust somebody to pack your bags?

    @miktoxic said:

    you don't trust a bodyguard, but you trust somebody to pack your bags?

    Trusting someone with your life and trusting somebody to pack your bags is a little different.

  • Does anyone remember Bennie Thompson and what happened to his family?

    google article/news from 1995 here

    Im sorry its not a penis extension or a GQ thug thing to have a concealed carry permit. It is a smart thing to have. Evidently Mr. Rogers needed some more class time on the laws of carrying. Since he was foolish with his responsibility he will more than likely be serving some jail time.

    Im not ready to throw him under the bus as of yet, Cleveland already has enough speed humps.

  • You are so far off with your explanations that I won't even begin.

    Try a little harder....if dick size compensation is all you can come up with.

    This is all very fairy~tale like to you.....

    @choco said:

    You are so far off with your explanations that I won't even begin.

    Try a little harder....if dick size compensation is all you can come up with.

    This is all very fairy~tale like to you.....

    Are you talking to me? Obviously, if you read the post you would know that dick size compensation indeed is not "all I can come up with". You can read, can't you? And any person of meager intelligence would know that when I say "dick size" it is really not a literal thing, but merely a metaphor for "machoism" or insecurity about one's masculinity.

    Are you really that dim as to not realize that?

  • My why question is ....Why just because they are athletes should they have to give up their 2nd amendment rights. It makes no sense to me. I think that it is irresponsible as a gun owner to have it in your carry on and forget about it. But at the same time, I have been open carrying before and "forgot" that I had it on my hip and got in my truck to drive (not aloud if you are not a ccw holder). This should not be as big a deal as it is

    @skinny said:

    My why question is ....Why just because they are athletes should they have to give up their 2nd amendment rights. It makes no sense to me. I think that it is irresponsible as a gun owner to have it in your carry on and forget about it. But at the same time, I have been open carrying before and "forgot" that I had it on my hip and got in my truck to drive (not aloud if you are not a ccw holder). This should not be as big a deal as it is

    If Sean Rogers wanted to exercise his second amendment right he should have joined the National Guard.

  • that if you want to shoot someone...personal protection does not require military service. if you made any real money, you'd understand....possibly.

    its not always as simple as "these rich athletes have it soooooo easy".....more like "ignorant fans have no idea what its like when your salary and life are public domain."

  • nmills said:

    maybe somebody packed his bags for him and he really didnt know it was there.

    you don't trust a bodyguard, but you trust somebody to pack your bags?

    @miktoxic said:

    you don't trust a bodyguard, but you trust somebody to pack your bags?

    Maybe the person packing his bags could have dropped a little H or Coke in there as well.

    No, I think he packed his own bag, and that he carries that bag around with him wherever he goes. (Yes, I would wager that he brings that gun into the locker room at the stadium and at the Browns practice facility.).

    He is probably just gun happy....and gun stupid, and didn't even realize he had it in there. It was second nature to him to carry it, and he didn't even think about the fact that it was in there, or about the consequences of bringing it to the airport.

  • Does anyone remember Bennie Thompson and what happened to his family?

    google article/news from 1995 here

    Im sorry its not a penis extension or a GQ thug thing to have a concealed carry permit. It is a smart thing to have. Evidently Mr. Rogers needed some more class time on the laws of carrying. Since he was foolish with his responsibility he will more than likely be serving some jail time.

    Im not ready to throw him under the bus as of yet, Cleveland already has enough speed humps.

    @mr.-t said:

    Does anyone remember Bennie Thompson and what happened to his family?

    google article/news from 1995 here

    Im sorry its not a penis extension or a GQ thug thing to have a concealed carry permit. It is a smart thing to have. Evidently Mr. Rogers needed some more class time on the laws of carrying. Since he was foolish with his responsibility he will more than likely be serving some jail time.

    Im not ready to throw him under the bus as of yet, Cleveland already has enough speed humps.

    Again, another person with reading comprehension problems. These guys desire to carry a gun IS partially a "macho" demonstration and partially a GQ thug thing, but if, again, you read my post, I said that those were minor factors. Maybe 25% of the equation. Concern over incidents like Sean Taylor, and the one you link are indeed, as I said, the greater part of the factor.

    I would be curious what all y'all scored on the reading comprehension portion of your ACT or SAT tests.

    (or even your 10th grade proficiency tests).

  • that if you want to shoot someone...personal protection does not require military service. if you made any real money, you'd understand....possibly.

    its not always as simple as "these rich athletes have it soooooo easy".....more like "ignorant fans have no idea what its like when your salary and life are public domain."

    @choco said:

    that if you want to shoot someone...personal protection does not require military service. if you made any real money, you'd understand....possibly.

    its not always as simple as "these rich athletes have it soooooo easy".....more like "ignorant fans have no idea what its like when your salary and life are public domain."

    Hello, McFly? Is anybody home? That is exactly Walsh Track and Field (WTF) I said. That these guys, being well known wealth athletes are paranoid over what could happen to them.

    Now, some of these guys have foolishly put themselves into a situation of danger by "hangin" where they shouldn't be. But others, like Sean Taylor, have been accosted in their homes. Some have been carjacked in a public parking lot, etc.

    (I will tell you what though, if it is so tough for them, they can always quit and go into selling cars or insurance. They know going in what they trade for the fame and the wealth they receive playing football, basketball, etc. It could be worse. They could be stars in Mexico, then they would be regular targets for kidnapping. Before too long I wouldn't be surprised to see some sports star become a kidnap/ransom demand victim in this country. Hell, 45 years or so ago Frank Sinatra Jr. was kidnapped. It'll happen again soon here.

    Hopefully I haven't given anyone ideas!)

  • Why?

    I'd bet that most gifted athletes are spotted at an early age and allowed to skip past much of the rules another student might be asked to adhere to. Hell people (those on the periphery coaches, teachers posse members) will do a lot of things for mere hundreds of dollars and these guys are looking at millions.

    I'd guess that in many (if not most) situations these guys are from broken homes with little or no supervision.

    I'd guess that many will naturally get the idea that they're invinceable.

    I'd guess that playing cowboy or Gangsta is fun for a semi literate millionaire.

    Or assuming (often correctly) that women are little more than chattel.

    YOu have to teach a dog to shit outside.

    Athletes rockstars politicians,......

    😉

    WSS

  • Why?

    I'd bet that most gifted athletes are spotted at an early age and allowed to skip past much of the rules another student might be asked to adhere to. Hell people (those on the periphery coaches, teachers posse members) will do a lot of things for mere hundreds of dollars and these guys are looking at millions.

    I'd guess that in many (if not most) situations these guys are from broken homes with little or no supervision.

    I'd guess that many will naturally get the idea that they're invinceable.

    I'd guess that playing cowboy or Gangsta is fun for a semi literate millionaire.

    Or assuming (often correctly) that women are little more than chattel.

    YOu have to teach a dog to shit outside.

    Athletes rockstars politicians,......

    😉

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Why?

    I'd bet that most gifted athletes are spotted at an early age and allowed to skip past much of the rules another student might be asked to adhere to. Hell people (those on the periphery coaches, teachers posse members) will do a lot of things for mere hundreds of dollars and these guys are looking at millions.

    I'd guess that in many (if not most) situations these guys are from broken homes with little or no supervision.

    I'd guess that many rightfulkly get the idea that they're invinceable.

    I'd guess that playing cowboy or Gangsta is fun for a semi literate millionaire.

    Or assuming (often correctly) that women are little more than chattel.

    YOu have to teach a dog to shit outside.

    Athletes rockstars politicians,......

    😉

    WSS

    Well, you are the former semi-literate rock star, and I am a former semi-literate politician, so I guess we ought to know.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Why?

    I'd bet that most gifted athletes are spotted at an early age and allowed to skip past much of the rules another student might be asked to adhere to. Hell people (those on the periphery coaches, teachers posse members) will do a lot of things for mere hundreds of dollars and these guys are looking at millions.

    I'd guess that in many (if not most) situations these guys are from broken homes with little or no supervision.

    I'd guess that many rightfulkly get the idea that they're invinceable.

    I'd guess that playing cowboy or Gangsta is fun for a semi literate millionaire.

    Or assuming (often correctly) that women are little more than chattel.

    YOu have to teach a dog to shit outside.

    Athletes rockstars politicians,......

    😉

    WSS

    Well, you are the former semi-literate rock star, and I am a former semi-literate politician, so I guess we ought to know.

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, you are the former semi-literate rock star, and I am a former semi-literate politician, so I guess we ought to know.

    Former?

    Speak for yourself.

    😒

    BTW great job with the travel CD compilation.

    WSS

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well, you are the former semi-literate rock star, and I am a former semi-literate politician, so I guess we ought to know.

    Former?

    Speak for yourself.

    😒

    BTW great job with the travel CD compilation.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Former?

    Speak for yourself.

    😒

    BTW great job with the travel CD compilation.

    WSS

    Donkeyshite