Pre-Draft Depth Chart
-
Veikune played DE at U of Hawaii but we have been using him at OLB but he can be used at DE kinda like Denver's Dumervill but with alot less skills. As for Francies I am pretty sure he played CB at San Jose St. but seeing that we have no depth at Safety he can be used there. Also do we still have Furry at the slot WR?? Was he on a 1 yr contract??
Veikune played DE at U of Hawaii but we have been using him at OLB but he can be used at DE kinda like Denver's Dumervill but with alot less skills. As for Francies I am pretty sure he played CB at San Jose St. but seeing that we have no depth at Safety he can be used there. Also do we still have Furry at the slot WR?? Was he on a 1 yr contract??
Furrey is not on the roster, so he must be out of here.
-
I agree, and at the least, he is ahead of Vickers. We didn't trade for the guy to have him be a back-up fullback.
I think that Hillis is really a "flex" player. He'll be a HB sometimes and a FB at others.
I think that the guys who need to be looking over their shoulders are Ratliff, Jennings, Furrey, Stuckey, Royal, St. Clair, Womack, Robaire Smith, Grennan, Ventrone, Sorensen, McDonald, Poteat and perhaps one linebacker such as Maiava.
I think that Hillis is really a "flex" player. He'll be a HB sometimes and a FB at others.
I think that the guys who need to be looking over their shoulders are Ratliff, Jennings, Furrey, Stuckey, Royal, St. Clair, Womack, Robaire Smith, Grennan, Ventrone, Sorensen, McDonald, Poteat and perhaps one linebacker such as Maiava.
Poteat and Furrey are not on the roster now.
-
Hillis will be one of our featured running backs, not a backup fullback! lol
I guess that how he will be used and where he will be slated on the depth chart are two different things. His versatility makes him essentially a "Backup" fullback, halfback, and tight end. Someone said H-back, which is just kind of a flexible offensive player, isn't it?
-
Who in the hell are Jed Collins and Thomas Brown?
But what I wanted to point out is that we have too many RBs and TEs. I'm not sure which TE or which two we will be parting with but my guess is Royal and maybe Moore? With the RBs, we have to trim the fat there a little bit and I can see the backfield being Davis, Hillis, and Jennings with a few packages with Hillis at FB. That right there would be a WCO type of package with two more potential recievers on the field. Harrison will probably be packaged with a pick or two so we can move up in the draft. Maybe even get another 1st but most likely, another 2nd. And it sure looks nice with Delhomme, Fujita, Watson, and Brown's names in there now!
-
Who in the hell are Jed Collins and Thomas Brown?
But what I wanted to point out is that we have too many RBs and TEs. I'm not sure which TE or which two we will be parting with but my guess is Royal and maybe Moore? With the RBs, we have to trim the fat there a little bit and I can see the backfield being Davis, Hillis, and Jennings with a few packages with Hillis at FB. That right there would be a WCO type of package with two more potential recievers on the field. Harrison will probably be packaged with a pick or two so we can move up in the draft. Maybe even get another 1st but most likely, another 2nd. And it sure looks nice with Delhomme, Fujita, Watson, and Brown's names in there now!
Who in the hell are Jed Collins and Thomas Brown?
But what I wanted to point out is that we have too many RBs and TEs. I'm not sure which TE or which two we will be parting with but my guess is Royal and maybe Moore? With the RBs, we have to trim the fat there a little bit and I can see the backfield being Davis, Hillis, and Jennings with a few packages with Hillis at FB. That right there would be a WCO type of package with two more potential recievers on the field. Harrison will probably be packaged with a pick or two so we can move up in the draft. Maybe even get another 1st but most likely, another 2nd. And it sure looks nice with Delhomme, Fujita, Watson, and Brown's names in there now!
I actually thought Evan Moore did a hell of a job when he was in there last year, for a backup TE.
-
Who in the hell are Jed Collins and Thomas Brown?
But what I wanted to point out is that we have too many RBs and TEs. I'm not sure which TE or which two we will be parting with but my guess is Royal and maybe Moore? With the RBs, we have to trim the fat there a little bit and I can see the backfield being Davis, Hillis, and Jennings with a few packages with Hillis at FB. That right there would be a WCO type of package with two more potential recievers on the field. Harrison will probably be packaged with a pick or two so we can move up in the draft. Maybe even get another 1st but most likely, another 2nd. And it sure looks nice with Delhomme, Fujita, Watson, and Brown's names in there now!
I actually thought Evan Moore did a hell of a job when he was in there last year, for a backup TE.
I actually thought Evan Moore did a hell of a job when he was in there last year, for a backup TE.
I agree. The Pittsburgh game was particularly memorable for a difficult catch or two.
-
Who in the hell are Jed Collins and Thomas Brown?
But what I wanted to point out is that we have too many RBs and TEs. I'm not sure which TE or which two we will be parting with but my guess is Royal and maybe Moore? With the RBs, we have to trim the fat there a little bit and I can see the backfield being Davis, Hillis, and Jennings with a few packages with Hillis at FB. That right there would be a WCO type of package with two more potential recievers on the field. Harrison will probably be packaged with a pick or two so we can move up in the draft. Maybe even get another 1st but most likely, another 2nd. And it sure looks nice with Delhomme, Fujita, Watson, and Brown's names in there now!
I actually thought Evan Moore did a hell of a job when he was in there last year, for a backup TE.
I actually thought Evan Moore did a hell of a job when he was in there last year, for a backup TE.
Was that him that made those catches in his first game as a Brown? I get him and Estandia mixed-up. Either way, one of them will have to go. 4 TEs holding roster spots is a little excessive.
-
What I don't get is the amount of people clamoring for us to draft McClain, considering how many ILBs we already have.
What I don't get is the amount of people clamoring for us to draft McClain, considering how many ILBs we already have.
I suspect it may be because they believe he might be an upgrade from all of them. And I, for one, believe we need an upgrade in that department, despite the numbers we have. If we could put all six of them in there at a time, they might be able to stop the run, but last time I checked the rules only allow essentially two.
-
What I don't get is the amount of people clamoring for us to draft McClain, considering how many ILBs we already have.
I suspect it may be because they believe he might be an upgrade from all of them. And I, for one, believe we need an upgrade in that department, despite the numbers we have. If we could put all six of them in there at a time, they might be able to stop the run, but last time I checked the rules only allow essentially two.
I suspect it may be because they believe he might be an upgrade from all of them. And I, for one, believe we need an upgrade in that department, despite the numbers we have. If we could put all six of them in there at a time, they might be able to stop the run, but last time I checked the rules only allow essentially two.
Not if we run the elusive 1-8-2 defense. 1 down lineman, 6 ILBs, 2 OLBs, and 2 safeties. Corners be damned.
-
Evan Moore isng going anywhere. It'll be Watson, Moore and Royal
Jerome Harrison is going anywhere either. We do however have plenty RBs. I can see Harrison starting with Hillis backing him up... in and out at FB mostley. This position is a tough one to call, Harrison has always shown production in my eye... and Davis and Jennings are young talented backs who have shown potential. I'm interested to see whats going to happen here. I am glad however that J.Lewis has stepped aside for these young guys to shine.
-
What I don't get is the amount of people clamoring for us to draft McClain, considering how many ILBs we already have.
-
Here is a link to nfl.com if you would like to see the transactions
-
I suspect it may be because they believe he might be an upgrade from all of them. And I, for one, believe we need an upgrade in that department, despite the numbers we have. If we could put all six of them in there at a time, they might be able to stop the run, but last time I checked the rules only allow essentially two.
Not if we run the elusive 1-8-2 defense. 1 down lineman, 6 ILBs, 2 OLBs, and 2 safeties. Corners be damned.
Not if we run the elusive 1-8-2 defense. 1 down lineman, 6 ILBs, 2 OLBs, and 2 safeties. Corners be damned.
Hey, that's a plan. It should be tried. It is like when Pat Riley said, "I don't want centers, point guards, forwards, I just want 5 guys who are 6'8 or 6'9 who can play basketball and who can be interchangeable in their positions."
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login