Skip to content

INTENT

The Browns Board
107 23 6.8k
  • @the-gipper said:

    What I see is you demanding that I provide answers to you to on questions that you have on this subject. And I see when I perhaps don't have those answers on the tip of my tongue, where the answers you want would take anyone a significant amount of time to properly research, time that I cannot afford to spend, you get snippy about it.

    I have provided you and everyone else on here with loads and loads of data that may apply to this situation. If that is not satisfactory to you, well, I am sorry. You are free to build on the data I have provided, to research these questions further, and to come up with your own answers to your own questions. Law is an art, not a science. There is no hard and fast rules to it. (There is another free lesson for you).

    If you’d responded this way, I wouldn’t be upset.

    But you condescended, and that is what upset me.

    I don’t mind doing a little research on my own.

    But you got snippy with me because I asked questions, which is when I demanded you answer them. The timeline shows you clearly being a jerk prior to any demanding on my part.

    @thaak said:

    If you’d responded this way, I wouldn’t be upset.

    But you condescended, and that is what upset me.

    I don’t mind doing a little research on my own.

    But you got snippy with me because I asked questions, which is when I demanded you answer them. The timeline shows you clearly being a jerk prior to any demanding on my part.

    Absolutely not true, and here is the evidence: recall that I posted the federal statute, and gave several notes of information about that statute. You then responded, and in your final sentence you said this:

    "don't know what the legal definition is. But before you go off on us, you better be damn sure you understand ALL the legal implications and definitions. If I remember correctly, you are, or have been a lawyer. If so, you know that these things are important

    Ergo, if things were set off, you have only yourself to blame"

  • hell, I doubt seriously that you or he or anyone can truthfully explain it to yourself

    And if you really think I cant explain to myself why I feel the need to carry a gun then my friend you are a lot more ignorant than I thought

    @skinny said:

    And if you really think I cant explain to myself why I feel the need to carry a gun then my friend you are a lot more ignorant than I thought

    I AM ignorant of what your motivations are. That is completely true. In fact, I am ignorant of the motivations of about 299,999,999 people in this country.

    So, to enlighten me, and everyone else, please feel free to give us a treatise on the emotional status of Mr. Skinny (but remember, be truthful to yourself), then we can all engage in some amateur pschychiatry when you are done.

  • @thaak said:

    Well, this is how I’ve seen this conversation go.

    People are speculating, wildly in some cases, on the ramifications of Shaun Rogers carelessness.

    You come on with your expertise and give us what you know of the law off the top of your head.

    Nobody—the laymen or the experts—have been able to determine where Federal jurisdiction begins and the specific legal definitions required to make an informed speculation about this case.

    Nobody has been able to determine for me if a Michigan conceal/carry permit is valid in Ohio. The reports are saying Rogers has a Michigan conceal/carry. I’m going to guess that it is not valid in Ohio. Of course Rogers could also have one in Ohio that the media has not reported.

    Then I see you getting condescending and a-hole-ish toward some of the laymen, for whatever reason. Perhaps because it irritates you that there are so many armchair lawyers who don’t really know what they are talking about.

    Now I have been trying to have an interesting discussion on a topic I don’t know a ton about. I’ve thrown out what I see as common sense, or potential issues that need to be defined before I want to truly speculate on anything.

    Then you start condescending to everyone. Rather than answering good, valid questions, you clam up behind, “You gotta pay me to do that research.” Crap. That’s why I said you were being a dick. Because you start off by condescending to me, then clam up for calling you out on it.

    You want to have an interesting discussion? I’m all for that. But if you want to be a dick about it, then blame it on me, go F yourself.

    Well now, here is the interesting part of the conversation. You say go F myself. I say that is a physical impossibility. Even though I have a legendarily big dick, it is still not big enough to utilize to F myself. First off, I do not possess a xxxx. If you say do it anally, well, I say, notwithstanding my enormity, I am still human, and it is impossible. Now, if you say, OK, don't F yourself, get Fed, then my reply is..."how thoughtful that you are interested my personal sexual satisfaction. I would love to get Fed. Do you have a particular young lady in mind"?

    @the-gipper said:

    Well now, here is the interesting part of the conversation. You say go F myself. I say that is a physical impossibility. Even though I have a legendarily big dick, it is still not big enough to utilize to F myself. First off, I do not possess a xxxx. If you say do it anally, well, I say, notwithstanding my enormity, I am still human, and it is impossible. Now, if you say, OK, don't F yourself, get Fed, then my reply is..."how thoughtful that you are interested my personal sexual satisfaction. I would love to get Fed. Do you have a particular young lady in mind"?

    OK, just out of curiosity, when did the V word (rhymes with Carolina), which is a perfectly acceptable scientific term become censorable on here while I have seen the P word (rhymes with hussy) go through unscathed? I can see the C word (rhyme with punt). That was in George Carlin's list, but the V word? How bizarre.

  • @thaak said:

    If you’d responded this way, I wouldn’t be upset.

    But you condescended, and that is what upset me.

    I don’t mind doing a little research on my own.

    But you got snippy with me because I asked questions, which is when I demanded you answer them. The timeline shows you clearly being a jerk prior to any demanding on my part.

    Absolutely not true, and here is the evidence: recall that I posted the federal statute, and gave several notes of information about that statute. You then responded, and in your final sentence you said this:

    "don't know what the legal definition is. But before you go off on us, you better be damn sure you understand ALL the legal implications and definitions. If I remember correctly, you are, or have been a lawyer. If so, you know that these things are important

    Ergo, if things were set off, you have only yourself to blame"

    @the-gipper said:

    Absolutely not true, and here is the evidence: recall that I posted the federal statute, and gave several notes of information about that statute. You then responded, and in your final sentence you said this:

    "don't know what the legal definition is. But before you go off on us, you better be damn sure you understand ALL the legal implications and definitions. If I remember correctly, you are, or have been a lawyer. If so, you know that these things are important

    Ergo, if things were set off, you have only yourself to blame"

    Actually, I think you proved my point with that quote. Note how I was communicating as though you’d already went off on us?

  • You guys are still arguing about this.

    This thread should go to political discussions so we can move on to bigger and better things, I need something new to talk about

  • @the-gipper said:

    Absolutely not true, and here is the evidence: recall that I posted the federal statute, and gave several notes of information about that statute. You then responded, and in your final sentence you said this:

    "don't know what the legal definition is. But before you go off on us, you better be damn sure you understand ALL the legal implications and definitions. If I remember correctly, you are, or have been a lawyer. If so, you know that these things are important

    Ergo, if things were set off, you have only yourself to blame"

    Actually, I think you proved my point with that quote. Note how I was communicating as though you’d already went off on us?

    @thaak said:

    Actually, I think you proved my point with that quote. Note how I was communicating as though you’d already went off on us?

    No, I think I prove my point with that quote. Besides, just who TF are "Us", And How TF did I go off on "us"? If I "went off" on anyone, it was Shaun Rogers, and this thread has been nothing but "going off session" on Shaun Rogers.

  • @thaak said:

    Actually, I think you proved my point with that quote. Note how I was communicating as though you’d already went off on us?

    No, I think I prove my point with that quote. Besides, just who TF are "Us", And How TF did I go off on "us"? If I "went off" on anyone, it was Shaun Rogers, and this thread has been nothing but "going off session" on Shaun Rogers.

    @the-gipper said:

    No, I think I prove my point with that quote. Besides, just who TF are "Us", And How TF did I go off on "us"? If I "went off" on anyone, it was Shaun Rogers, and this thread has been nothing but "going off session" on Shaun Rogers.

    You guys should just go grab a beer and get a lap dance.

  • Its ok to agree to disagree. Thats what makes this country so great is the fact we can voice our opinions as long as we are not pulled over or in front of Gipper. 🙂

  • gipper not saying that we should live like it was 1700. Saying that the principles of yesteryear should be the same as today. There were provisions in the Constitution that allowed for those changes to take place. My wish is that Govt. would follow those guidlines. It is the One and only thing that they swore to uphold. You would think they would respect it a little more.

    As far as why I carry a gun

    -attempted robbery

    -Truck broken into in driveway

    -tried breaking into my house

    -Mrs. Skinny and Skinny Jr.

    plus its my right 😉😆

    That is all. Im done with this thread

  • @the-gipper said:

    No, I think I prove my point with that quote. Besides, just who TF are "Us", And How TF did I go off on "us"? If I "went off" on anyone, it was Shaun Rogers, and this thread has been nothing but "going off session" on Shaun Rogers.

    You guys should just go grab a beer and get a lap dance.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You guys should just go grab a beer and get a lap dance.

    You know, that is an excellent idea. Thaak pays. After all, I should get some of that compensation we have been talking about.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You guys should just go grab a beer and get a lap dance.

    You know, that is an excellent idea. Thaak pays. After all, I should get some of that compensation we have been talking about.

    @the-gipper said:

    You know, that is an excellent idea. Thaak pays. After all, I should get some of that compensation we have been talking about.

    Only if we got to King of Diamonds up here in Inver Grove Heights, MN. $10 lap dances unless you go to the VIP room. That you can pay for yourself.

  • gipper not saying that we should live like it was 1700. Saying that the principles of yesteryear should be the same as today. There were provisions in the Constitution that allowed for those changes to take place. My wish is that Govt. would follow those guidlines. It is the One and only thing that they swore to uphold. You would think they would respect it a little more.

    As far as why I carry a gun

    -attempted robbery

    -Truck broken into in driveway

    -tried breaking into my house

    -Mrs. Skinny and Skinny Jr.

    plus its my right 😉😆

    That is all. Im done with this thread

    @skinny said:

    gipper not saying that we should live like it was 1700. Saying that the principles of yesteryear should be the same as today. There were provisions in the Constitution that allowed for those changes to take place. My wish is that Govt. would follow those guidlines. It is the One and only thing that they swore to uphold. You would think they would respect it a little more.

    As far as why I carry a gun

    -attempted robbery

    -Truck broken into in driveway

    -tried breaking into my house

    -Mrs. Skinny and Skinny Jr.

    plus its my right 😉😆

    That is all. Im done with this thread

    Actually, I think, overall, our government has done a pretty damn good job following those guidelines for the past 223 years since the Constitution has been implemented.

    And, you know, the unfortunate part about your right, is that if your gun is to be used to kill or injure a person there is an 80% chance those persons will be you or Mrs. Skinny or Skinny Jr.

  • @ruban2 said:

    Gipper, weren't you a court clerk or something. After reading the above bantar from you I see why your sitting home married to a message board. I feel embarrassed for you. 😵

    I AM a court magistrate and have been for 20 years.. And here is a clue for you: this forum is not a courtroom, it is more of a barroom. And, I am a person of personality. I do not have to live up to your expectations of me. Some of my weird twists have a purpose. Sometimes that purpose is to entertain, sometimes it is to put others off, and sometimes they are for the purpose of remonstration . It is called being gregarious, mature and enlightened to the moment. I know when to be serious and when not to be. THIS is not the time or the place that I have to be serious. You know the saying "f**kem if they can't take a joke"? Use your own judgment on whether or not that should apply here.

    @the-gipper said:

    I AM a court magistrate and have been for 20 years.. And here is a clue for you: this forum is not a courtroom, it is more of a barroom. And, I am a person of personality. I do not have to live up to your expectations of me. Some of my weird twists have a purpose. Sometimes that purpose is to entertain, sometimes it is to put others off, and sometimes they are for the purpose of remonstration . It is called being gregarious, mature and enlightened to the moment. I know when to be serious and when not to be. THIS is not the time or the place that I have to be serious. You know the saying "f**kem if they can't take a joke"? Use your own judgment on whether or not that should apply here.

    Well put your honor 🙂